Bryce Gibbs for Andy Otten and Patrick Dangerfield ???

Remove this Banner Ad

Being a crows fan nice to get a bit of recognition for a couple of our young players in Danger and Otten(Mr Football) They are both now getting increasing recognition and would be firming favourites for this years rising star. Cant see them wanting to leave or the crows wanting to trade them.

If you wanted them that bad you should have drafted them, because your draft picks are always before ours;)

PS we will be happy to take Gibbs when he wants to come home

Lol @ these stupid reactive threads. Lets trade one young player who is years away from his peak for another two who are in the exact same position. When Gibbs has a good game next week and the other two have downers (like all young players do) are u gonna delete this thread? Or offer the croweaters a bargain?

amen. :thumbsu:

given that gibbs has said he wants to be a 1 team player you think he'd earn a bit more respect

Maybe Gibbs and Kreuzer for Dangerfield?

:eek::eek:

Well obviously that would never happen. And if somehow it did, I think I'd never watch another game again, such would be my disgust...
I am aware the above quote was just emphasising a point though. ;)

Anyway, as for Gibbsy, give him time. I'm convinced he goes very well in the middle, we've all seen his class and ability/vision in tight. Certainly a bit more ball hunger and commitment wouldn't go astray though, but as I've said before, the same could be said for the whole team on Friday night. We'll see.

Gibbs will be a great player, but in NO WAY would we give up Otten AND Danger for him. Ridiculous overstating of Gibbs' value right now.

I wouldn't even swap Danger for him 1 for 1. There is something about Danger that really stands out.

I'm not having a go at Gibbs, as i said he will be great, but i am very happy with our 2 boys and wouldn't want to lose them

Settle Gibbs in the middle and let him play. From where I sit, he seems to be used to plug holes and plays a Mr Fixit which is such a difficult role to play and especially a young fella like him.

If you really don't want him anymore, happy to have him at North.

Now the minimum I would expect from the Crows if they want to trade for Gibbs, a former highly rated no 1 draft pick, would be Otten and Dangerfield, and possibly a 2nd rnd draft pick in return.

PMSL.

anything else you`d like? how are you for jocks and socks?

Dont get me wrong, Ive seen a lot of Gibbs, even back in his Glenelg days and he will be a great player, but both of those players you want for Gibbs will be stars and probably better than Gibbs. Dangerfield has already shown touches of brilliance, theres no coincidence why he was given Ricciutios #32.

Im still dirty a 250+ gamer somehow didnt qualifiy Bryce as a father son pick for us, but if anything I think Gibbs in the midfield will be a gun for you.

if he doenst come home first :D

The so called "carlton supporters" having a go at Gibbs should be ashamed of themselves, I understand your pissed off at the way your team played but that hardness at the footy has to start from the top, if your leadership group dont go hard at the football the kids dont learn how to either. Im sure you know exactly which senior players im talking about. P.S you are a disgrace of a football fan celtic pride.

BTW Before anyone hounds me down and accuses me of being an 'twit' who is 'negative' and 'obsessed' with hypothetical/unlikely trades, lets just say that I post this on the proviso that the rumours I've heard that Gibbs wants to return to SA once his contract expires comes true. Now in the past, we would all be horrified and think that the Crows could offer us nothing decent in return, but this year, I've been really really impressed with several of their youngsters, two of them being victorians, Andy Otten and Dangefield ...

Now the minimum I would expect from the Crows if they want to trade for Gibbs, a former highly rated no 1 draft pick, would be Otten and Dangerfield, and possibly a 2nd rnd draft pick in return.

Frankly I've been terribly dissapointed with Gibbs in the last month or so, and especially last night against the Bombers, and really, I would have to say, overall hasn't advanced to the same level as Marc Murphy has this year, and like it or not, if the Crows made us an decent offer involving Andy Otten and hopefully Dangerfield, we would be stupid not to consider it, esp as they are both Vic boys and so the go home factor would diminish, and really there is also a massive x-factor to Dangerfield as well, and some people I have heard reckon he could end up as a better player long term then Gibbs and even Joel Selwood, he is an elite young talent.

This is another garbage thread for the following reasons.

1.He is still contracted until end of 2010.
2. Gibbs has the skills, it is up to the coaching staff to reinforce to him the importance of getting a little more intensity in his game e.g Voss/Buckley to give him the opportunity to take him to the next level .
3. Overall for a player still at his age he has performed extremely well, like almost every player in the AFL system he has some things to work on to take him to the next level and surely that is why we have so many coaches, so the challenge is there for them.

We should be focusing on how we can improve his game to go to the next level as he has certainly has the talent, quite stupid to suggest off-loading him, yes he may go back to SA at some stage but it is more likely to be in the latter part of his career.

if he wants to go home then we have to entertain the idea of a trade...

for mine 1st round plus a dangerfield / walker / ottens OR dangerfield and Ottens sounds good...

of course 1st intention would be to keep gibbs

Who would Adelaide give to Geelong to allow Brad Ottens to go to Carlton.

Of course the idea of Adelaide giving up Dangerfield and Andy Otten for Gibbs is just ridiculous.

The so called "carlton supporters" having a go at Gibbs should be ashamed of themselves, I understand your pissed off at the way your team played but that hardness at the footy has to start from the top, if your leadership group dont go hard at the football the kids dont learn how to either. Im sure you know exactly which senior players im talking about. P.S you are a disgrace of a football fan celtic pride.

Um I think you'll find that Gibbs is part of that leadership group.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt Dangerfield will end up a very good player and Otten looks like he's got a fair future ahead of him as well. I've no doubt Gibbs will be (and currently is) better than both. He's a complete player with exceptional vision, poise and skill. Still physically has a way to go but already he's one of our best performed players. At 20. He was a fair bit ahead of where Marc Murphy was at the same age and look how well Murphy's developed with some muscle and a couple preseasons.

Do you take a very good and good player over a potentially elite player? Hard to say where Gibbs will end up but of the little he's played through the midfield, he's shown amazing potential and a lot of substance already. I'm sure with the strength and hopefully fitness that'll come with another preseason to or two, we'll see him play predominantly through the midfield.

I personally believe Gibbs is fine and is just in a form slump and is not being positiones right (looks lost on the field), at worst just put him in the reserves if we have to. He is a prestigous talent and will not be going anywhere.

Anyhow, if he wanted to go home I would rather take Tippet/Walker and their 1st round or Tippet/Walker and second and third round. That way we would have much needed KPP and a young talented one as well and. If we get two first rounders we would have a double chance to land a goosd midfield replacemnt for Gibbs.

celtic pride... you are disappointed with Gibbs and want to trade him but you actually think he is worth TWO of our young stars as well as a draft pick? There is absolutely no way Gibbs is worth that even though I do rate the kid.

Not sure why you would want to trade Gibbs anyway, but there's no way you'd even get a direct swap for Dangerfield, let alone him and Otten! :D

Dangerfield is absolutely unique for us, and something we've lacked for a long time. Extreme pace, mixed with a staggering ability at the contested ball, plus a goalkicker. Probably a future captain down the track. I really can't explain what an impact he's had, despite it being his first season.

I like Gibbs, but we've got a lot of similar footballers, even if they don't quite have the same ceiling that Gibbs does.

Patty will be our best player by a distance in 2 years.

The club would be simply stupid to trade him. He is young, has a good head on his shoulders and is still learning the game and even at this stage of his career, he is considered one of the go to players in pressure situations.

I wouldnt mind seeing him go back to the half backline...we need to help run it out and hit a target...it might help settle the defence somewhat.

for mine 1st round plus a dangerfield / walker / ottens OR dangerfield and Ottens sounds good...

You are out of your pot-smoking mind. You'd be lucky to get Dangerfield + 2nd rounder, let alone a first-rounder or a player of that calibre.

Grow up.

Settle Gibbs in the middle and let him play. From where I sit, he seems to be used to plug holes and plays a Mr Fixit which is such a difficult role to play and especially a young fella like him.

If you really don't want him anymore, happy to have him at North.

Some of the Helen Lovejoy's posting (Carlton fans I might add) in this thread don't understand the gist of my OP, there is a very good chance I hear that Gibbs wants to go back to SA in a couple of years once his current contract expires, and therefore we shouldn't slash our wrists about it, the Crows still would rate him very highly, and as such the club should go down this recruiting zone if as expected, Gibbs wants out of Carlton in a couple of years ...

You'd think I had shot Bambi with my OP, when in reality I was just throwing up a hypothetical ...

And yes I stand by my comment that Bryce Gibbs hasn't elevated his game to the next level, like Marc Murphy has, which is very dissapointing.

celtic pride... you are disappointed with Gibbs and want to trade him but you actually think he is worth TWO of our young stars as well as a draft pick? There is absolutely no way Gibbs is worth that even though I do rate the kid.

Well I'd keep Gibbs, but my gut feeling and what i've heard from other people around the traps (i know it's only rumours i know at this stage) is that Bryce Gibbs is going to return to Adelaide once his current contract is up, and for me, I'd play hardball with the Crows and hope the club demands nothing less then either Otten and Dangerfield, or one of those two, plus a high draft pick.

I don't think that is being unreasonable, esp considering he was a former no 1 draft pick, but it all depends on what both sides could come to agree to ..

Certainly none of your other victorian players i think would be adequate enough for a trade for Gibbs (Chris Knights, pass) and you won't have enough early draft picks to satisfy our requirements, so logically asking for Otten and/or Dangerfield makes sense ...

Also add me to the chorus of I like Gibbs, but no ****ing way.

The currency of being a "former highly rated #1 draft pick" i feel is being exxagerated also. I mean at one stage Luke Livingston was highly rated and a high draft pick, yet you would never reasonably expect much for him. Obviously Gibbs is the far superior footballer to Livingston but until he starts consistantly playing like a #1 pick it really means very little as far as his value is concerned.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back