Round 3 Hawthorn vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shield will come in for bateman, young for smith. I didn't think that ossie was that bad for crying out loud. One glaring mistake but really around 17 possessions for a half forward flanker is pretty good. Needed an extra rotation through the middle and shields will give that. Shoey of tippett and stratts on walker with gibson on porp and a floating defender which he was not allowed to do last week cause of the 2 big cat forwards.

Gunston to start, too top heavy so still think that Brock or Hale must sit down if we are playing rough in the ruck.

Osborne and Bateman are our weak links, plus they need to make way to give young blood some experience. I don't think Hill could do worse than Bateman.

This is a valid angle to view the selection of these two. They may be able to provide depth throughout the year, however they will be preventing the selection of new blood - as we need to keep improving, we need to continue to inject new players.

Shield will come in for bateman, young for smith. I didn't think that ossie was that bad for crying out loud. One glaring mistake but really around 17 possessions for a half forward flanker is pretty good. Needed an extra rotation through the middle and shields will give that. Shoey of tippett and stratts on walker with gibson on porp and a floating defender which he was not allowed to do last week cause of the 2 big cat forwards.

Gunston to start, too top heavy so still think that Brock or Hale must sit down if we are playing rough in the ruck.

When trying to evaluate how well Osborne played, you need also to look at his Opponents. You possibly will stop crying out loud once this is taken into account. :)

Hopefully our mids can get on top and stay on top.

This is a danger game for sure, especially if we go with the same structure down back.

Please Clarko slip in the shower, bang ya head, and come to with "Geez Roughy must play back and Schoey forward...Im a genius" ;)

Tippett and Walker have been in good form, full of confidence and can do damage if they get it in quick.

Clarko time to mix it up :thumbsu:

BTW love to see Hill start on a wing and see what he can do.

MUST WIN GAME !!!!

Tippet is 203 cm, 107 kg, should'nt one of our ruckman be on him.
Walker is a big boy too, 100 kg, good luck with stratton, he will need it.
Shoenmakers seems to have a right match up, someone inexperienced and similar height/weight to himself.

Tippet is 203 cm, 107 kg, should'nt one of our ruckman be on him.
Walker is a big boy too, 100 kg, good luck with stratton, he will need it.
Shoenmakers seems to have a right match up, someone inexperienced and similar height/weight to himself.

Yep our 3rd stringer (Ruck) and who is also a very good forward...same guy :thumbsu:

Tippet will monster Schoey (fullstop)

Schoey Gunstan Buddy, with Hale playing deep in the forward half and Big Rough down back is a must this week and next and next etc.

Next week will be a similar senario to this Sunday so the quicker they pull the trigger the better.

Settle our back half early so we can get some system together.

Can't believe Clarko can't see this FWIW

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was me I bring Shiels in for Bateman, Cheney in for Schoenamkers and Hill for Smith.

Shiels can play the tagging role to better effect, on top of being a better contested mark and kick.

I would put Rough on Tippet, and make Tippet worry about losing Rough in transition.

Stratton can go on Walker. Walker even though he is big he is not a great contested mark, he tends to kick his goals from snaps and on the run. Stratton could do a very good job on him.

Cheney and Gibson can play on the smalls like Porps and Petrenko.

Don't think Hill will come in but I would have liked to see him against Geelong. Geelong know our players really well, but Hill would've been an unknown quantity. Probably less effect this week against Adelaide, but you never know.

Surely Gunston against his old team will play a full game this week?

Yes but he is a Lecras/Williams type forward and you do not exactly want Suckling playing on him.

Stratton to Porps like he did the job on Johnson last week. Birchall to Lynch as he is now quite capable defensively.

Gibbo to Tippet will prob get out marked a bit but Tippet can't kick anyway so prob won't hurt us.

Shoe will go alright on Walker too I reckon and he won't get stuck in a wrestle like last week and is athletic enough to go with him.

All defenders need to work together and chop out for each other. They have been pretty pathetic lately and for God's sake stop flying 3/4 up and 0 down for the high ball . Need at least one front and square or out the back. Basic Basic football . End Rant /

Bateman hasn't been that bad.

I donot believe Bateman deserves a spot in the side now. Also, I certainly don't see him keeping his spot in rd22, and therefore will not take any part in our finals campaign. in thatcase, he should not be selected and someone else should play his position, for the remainder of the season. The same principle applies to osbourne.

no ossie i think just had a bad day but whether he is in the side this weekend not sure ,sorry , but i think he will be can not drop all experienced players can we .

i know i see why people want Chance out and i think it is his last year sadly but the time is near to pass the baton but i do hope he still gets some games i don't think he will be in all but thats just me he is one of my favs as is Ossie

I'm with you.
Tad blown away by the Ossie bagging over last 2 weeks.
Ossie could easily have 6 golas on the board bar from kicking unnaturally inaccurately and we would be raving about him. Extend the siren by 4 secs and he would be our matchwinner.

If he keeps kicking points week in week out then drop him but its round 3 ffs and he is getting plenty of the ball.

A forward line of Buddy, Roughie, Gunstall and Hale wont win us a flag. Still think we are playing too many talls.

Bocca for Stratts and Hill for Smith is at the very least a par. Smith and Stratts were both fairly unimportant last week.

Changa to Sub.

listed for Box Hill: Bateman Osborne Ellis and Gunston

i don't think it is set yet but i guess gives an idea on who maybe out

http://www.sportingpulse.com/assoc_...D=242535&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=18941503

One of Bateman and Osborne will get the chop IMO, can't see both playing. Young might come in for one of them, he gives us some pace on the wings, now given that Smith is out it seems like the 'obvious' choice with the other one being Shiels in for Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back