Mod. Notice Ideas to improve the Swans Board

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he is as well but since I've opened it he has made a grand total of 0 posts.

Not at all I did though two days ago I was just offering ideas.

And bedford you should try it yourself instead of taking cheap potshots in every thread and kissing moderators bums all the time that is also a suggestion to improve this board.

more of a general question. what are those things under certain users name that have a players name and number. seen them on a lot of richmond, geelong, port and melbourne supporters.

more of a general question. what are those things under certain users name that have a players name and number. seen them on a lot of richmond, geelong, port and melbourne supporters.
Player sponsorships. Most clubs have a program where you can pay to sponsor certain players. More high profile the player, the more expensive it is. So each team board normally puts together a pool of money and then they vote for which player they would like to sponsor. Normally they only get enough money to sponsor one of the younger players.

It's a good idea but the Swans don't do any sort of sponsorship program.

I'd get a McBabe one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also posted this in the votes thread.

On the Melbourne Board they have a system where you give 12 votes and they can be divided any way you choose.
I wonder next year if that might not be an option.
Giving 5 votes to the best player each week, doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the performance. If there were 12 votes available some of Kennedy's games this year would be worthy of say 8 votes, yesterday (V Richmond) I don't think there was a player deserving of more than say 3 votes (out of 12). I also would be averse to a system where not all the votes have to be allocated.

Also posted this in the votes thread.

On the Melbourne Board they have a system where you give 12 votes and they can be divided any way you choose.
I wonder next year if that might not be an option.
Giving 5 votes to the best player each week, doesn't necessarily equate to the quality of the performance. If there were 12 votes available some of Kennedy's games this year would be worthy of say 8 votes, yesterday (V Richmond) I don't think there was a player deserving of more than say 3 votes (out of 12). I also would be averse to a system where not all the votes have to be allocated.

Put it up for discussion in the off season. My problem with it over complicating the voting system for what is essentially nothing more than a bit of fun discourages new people or occasional visitors to have a crack.

But hey put it up for a discussion after the draft and convince me.

Nothing against your idea Scott but wouldn't that just be too complicated for the people who have to actually enter the votes into excel?

When I did it it was an excel system, might have changed then.

Nothing against your idea Scott but wouldn't that just be too complicated for the people who have to actually enter the votes into excel?

shouldn't cause trouble counting simple numbers but it will change the way there distributed. Like how many votes from each poster counts and what percentage and weightings etc or if it's a flat count. Than give them a weekly value.

Than we need to figure out of we'll be distributing preferences or just following the ticket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back