If Caddy moves would your team go after him

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always has been - always will be.

I still remember the end of 2007 Judd was the talk of the league as he wanted to Head back to Victoria. So you need to wonder who would be the highed profile vic to be talked up this season. A darn Pity Dagerfield and Sloane signed new contracts with the crows. Would of been interesting how much they would of been worth.

I still remember the end of 2007 Judd was the talk of the league as he wanted to Head back to Victoria. So you need to wonder who would be the highed profile vic to be talked up this season. A darn Pity Dagerfield and Sloane signed new contracts with the crows. Would of been interesting how much they would of been worth.

Heaps - both look like becoming very good players. Looks like Boak is on the move - he would be worth more than Sloane.

Utterly embarrassing. Ryder is worth significantly more than Caddy...FACT.

He is not going anywhere.

Caddy wants to play at Essendon, Essendon want him but they know it won't be easy but remain committed to him. Let's just wait and see how it pans out, the Dons will not be held to ransom and GC's bargaining power is a little diminshed because he is out of contract.

Let's hope a deal gets sorted out so Caddy can play where he wants to. We will have to wait and see...

Perspective is an amazing thing as I wouldn't take Ryder for Caddy. I suppose you would offer a second rounder for Ablett too.

You keep saying all of this in hope, but doesn't it worry you that Melbourne threw picks @ GC, and thousands at him, and he told you where to go???
Why would he have suddenly changed his mind about the Dees or Dogs, since October last year? Hardly been impressive.

Unless something drastic has changed, he will be a Sun, or a Bomber.

Essendon's best chance to land him is if he sticks to his guns.

It's not in hope I'm asking how the Bombers could get it done. "Josh wants to play there" isn't an answer. If he can't get to essendon maybe he'll just re-sign with GC but most of you guys are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion. Lance seems to be on the money. FWIW I wouldn't trade Heppell or Ryder either but that's not what I asked I asked what trade could get it done? It doesn't seem essendon holds any cards to get him there and I don't think playing hard ball will work.

I would love him at Melbourne and would like to know what GC supporters might want from us - I would definitely give up pick 13 plus a player but not sure that would get it done. I wouldn't give up pick 4 though especially if we're forced to take Viney with 3.

It's not in hope I'm asking how the Bombers could get it done. "Josh wants to play there" isn't an answer. If he can't get to essendon maybe he'll just re-sign with GC but most of you guys are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion. Lance seems to be on the money. FWIW I wouldn't trade Heppell or Ryder either but that's not what I asked I asked what trade could get it done? It doesn't seem essendon holds any cards to get him there and I don't think playing hard ball will work.

I would love him at Melbourne and would like to know what GC supporters might want from us - I would definitely give up pick 13 plus a player but not sure that would get it done. I wouldn't give up pick 4 though especially if we're forced to take Viney with 3.
FWIW, and I may be wrong, but from what I have seen from this thread no Essendon supporters(With one or two exceptions) have stated that Caddy WILL be at Essendon next year, only that we are probably his preferred club.

FWIW, and I may be wrong, but from what I have seen from this thread no Essendon supporters(With one or two exceptions) have stated that Caddy WILL be at Essendon next year, only that we are probably his preferred club.

Yeah fair enough it's probably just one or two posters repeating it ad nauseum (Heppellicious).

Has he re-signed with gc? Melbourne is not an option....dear me, neither are the kangaroos.

Learn how to comprehend before responding to my posts in future. I said if he can't get a deal done with Essendon if that's his preferred club he may resign with GC though I doubt that if he really wants to get to Vic he would be so stubborn.

Considering Essendon don't want/havent got anything of substance to offer how do you think he'll get to the Dons? He's not a free agent and doesn't have the injury concerns Ball did so playing hardball won't work. Guaranteed if he leaves GC it won't be to Essendon and it will more than likely be either Melbourne or the Dogs. Essendon have no picks to trade and the only players GC might want Essendon won't give up. Unless they can work a 3-way trade it ain't gonna happen and the chances of that are slim because again Essendon won't trade anything that might get them a decent enough pick (and nor should they really).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be very close to getting it done but with Hille with only a couple of years left there is zero chance Belly will be on the table. If they knocked back Hooker then they will also knock back Pears and Gumby. Carlie is also coming on and he may have been a chance but his worth is growing. I can't see Essendon getting a pick around 10 or a player they are willing to let go. For me Caddy to Essendon is not going to happen in 2012.

If he is Essendon or bust then maybe he signs a 1 year deal and tries again next year when Essendon has a decent draft pick. This will also allow Essendon to see if any KPP are really surplus.

Your last paragraph.

That's exactly what I have been saying - And it can be done.

Why would it be Essendon or bust though?

He wants to play for the club he supported, so do most athletes. Unfortunately, he chanced the draft and emerged in the GC. If he wants to go to a Victorian club, accept an offer from another one who offers. Would be a spit in the face to GC if he were to sign a one year deal, and they'd rather let him walk. They hold the chips here, it will never happen.

Has he re-signed with gc? Melbourne is not an option....dear me, neither are the kangaroos.

I know I'm responding to a dolt, but I'll play.

You do realise that dollars talk and that we can offer him more than anyone else ? And you also realise that players find it attractive when they choose a club that is likely to be able to get a deal done ? Especially with his experiences last year.

One of the reasons Clark chose Melbourne is that a deal could actually get done. And yes, the $ helped. As I said, money talks.

Why ?

Every site has the odd questionable posters, but Demonland is an exceptionally well run site and has become remarkably popular.

Am I to assume you've been banned ?
No, I browse from time to time. If you've seen me post here, you'd know that I'm not really the type to get banned or irrational.

I know I'm responding to a dolt, but I'll play.

You do realise that dollars talk and that we can offer him more than anyone else ? And you also realise that players find it attractive when they choose a club that is likely to be able to get a deal done ? Especially with his experiences last year.

One of the reasons Clark chose Melbourne is that a deal could actually get done. And yes, the $ helped. As I said, money talks.
I realise I am replying to a flog, but I will anyway. Nobody in their right mind would want to be traded to Melbourne right now. Clark was an Anomaly and a mercenary, the vast majority of players want to play in flags. 1964 must seem like an eternity and success is still not even close.

I realise I am replying to a flog, but I will anyway. Nobody in their right mind would want to be traded to Melbourne right now. Clark was an Anomaly and a mercenary, the vast majority of players want to play in flags. 1964 must seem like an eternity and success is still not even close.

They have landed much better players than you have in the last 10 years. Actually - all your recruits have failed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back