If Caddy moves would your team go after him

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has he re-signed with gc? Melbourne is not an option....dear me, neither are the kangaroos.

North have far more to offer GC then Dons, your first pick isn't an option, and I assume you wont be parting with any of your top few kids... We do have a first pick to offer, as well as a number of young developing players that could be a sweetener... Then again you are an Essendon supporter and probably under the impression a direct swap for Ricky Dyson would be paying overs.

Let's wait and see so wish we could have landed Jon hay, Sam power or Ben McKinley. Williams didn't work for us but we got carlisle out of the deal. The same carlisle your club overlooked for black-unlucky.

You still haven't explained what Essendon will trade to get Caddy. Either answer the question or STFU and stop derailing the thread.

North have far more to offer GC then Dons, your first pick isn't an option, and I assume you wont be parting with any of your top few kids... We do have a first pick to offer, as well as a number of young developing players that could be a sweetener... Then again you are an Essendon supporter and probably under the impression a direct swap for Ricky Dyson would be paying overs.
This;)

He wouldnt be moving West id suspect so NO. I rate him but. Its only his second year so he has massive scope for improvement but i think he'll make a decent crust as an inside mid somewhere. If he becomes an elite inside player is up to him

Yesterday's win may have put a spanner is your plans hepp, Caddy looked very excited in the team song. Of course this doesnt prove anything but it's about as solid evidence as any of the stuff Essendon has provided in this thread.

O damn a player enjoys a win * he won't want to be traded now. I ll let the club know.

From a neutral perspective with no hope of getting Caddy at my own team, this thread has gone around in circles for ages.

Essendon supporters it appears are unwilling to give up anything that is good enough to land Caddy, and most agree with this. I think that if they tried hard enough and gave up the right pieces (ie good young players such as Melksham, Bellchambers or Carlisle) then this trade could get done.

Alternatively Caddy could go to another Melbourne team, and I have yet to see any credible evidence that he won't go to another team, I think all that he has said is that he might move back to Victoria. I could see a team like Melbourne going after him with their Mid-first round pick or as a package with another decent prospect for pick 4. Say Caddy, Toy and another decent GC young prospect for Pick 4. Richmond would probably be a good fit for Caddy, they could offer their first round pick, or Carlton could offer their first round pick.

From a neutral perspective with no hope of getting Caddy at my own team, this thread has gone around in circles for ages.

Essendon supporters it appears are unwilling to give up anything that is good enough to land Caddy, and most agree with this. I think that if they tried hard enough and gave up the right pieces (ie good young players such as Melksham, Bellchambers or Carlisle) then this trade could get done.

Alternatively Caddy could go to another Melbourne team, and I have yet to see any credible evidence that he won't go to another team, I think all that he has said is that he might move back to Victoria. I could see a team like Melbourne going after him with their Mid-first round pick or as a package with another decent prospect for pick 4. Say Caddy, Toy and another decent GC young prospect for Pick 4. Richmond would probably be a good fit for Caddy, they could offer their first round pick, or Carlton could offer their first round pick.

Great post - well thought out. Except for putting Melksham up as a good player. Most Essendon supporters want him in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Stuff like this is why it keeps going around in circles...
every two pages...
the same 3 or 4 points...
again... and again... and again...

Alternatively Caddy could go to another Melbourne team, and I have yet to see any credible evidence that he won't go to another team, I think all that he has said is that he might move back to Victoria
I've got some pretty good solid evidence that he didn't want to play for the Dees or Dogs.

If he wanted to play for any old Melbourne club, he would not have knocked back the two solid offers he had last year, from Demons & Dogs. He held out in the forlorn hope of getting to his #1 target.

Great post - well thought out. Except for putting Melksham up as a good player. Most Essendon supporters want him in the VFL.
Melksham has played some very good games this year and some quieter ones. He is a highly promising player. Mufassa just reminding you that north took Cunnington at 5 in the same draft, he is playing vfl. Essendon won't trade melksham but if he was put up for caddy it would be a fair trade.

I've got some pretty good solid evidence that he didn't want to play for the Dees or Dogs.

If he wanted to play for any old Melbourne club, he would not have knocked back the two solid offers he had last year, from Demons & Dogs. He held out in the forlorn hope of getting to his #1 target.

Except it didn't work and he didn't get to his #1 target and he won't be getting there this year either. He may not end up leaving GC if he can't get to Essendon but that is not to say he won't entertain other clubs once he realises Essendon won't happen.

The reason why he didn't deal with Dogs or MFC last year was because Essendon wasted everyone's time on the last day of trade week trying to get an AFL mediation officer in. Melbourne simply didn't have enough time to try and work a deal (don't know what the Dogs were doing) due to this and GC weren't too fussed either as he was still contracted and they didn't really want to lose him.

If he wants to come back to Vic he will have to go to another team because Essendon won't be able to get a trade done. Otherwise he will need to re-sign with GC.

The reason why he didn't deal with Dogs or MFC is because he didn't want to.
His management asked solely to deal with Essendon. Melbourne & Dogs asked, and got told to GAGF.
Been done ad nauseum - quotes, articles, all over the shop.

Wank yourself dry over the minimal chances of getting him if you want - facts are he knocked you back, and I very much doubt the last year's done much to change his mind.

Gotta admit, now that other clubs are aware of his potential availability they would have tabled with his management already. I would think that his management would have met with further Vic clubs this year to investigate, and negotiated with Josh that it would be more viable to get the deal done, if he still wants to that is.

Cannot see it playing out for 1 club again.

The reason why he didn't deal with Dogs or MFC is because he didn't want to.
His management asked solely to deal with Essendon. Melbourne & Dogs asked, and got told to GAGF.
Been done ad nauseum - quotes, articles, all over the shop.

Wank yourself dry over the minimal chances of getting him if you want - facts are he knocked you back, and I very much doubt the last year's done much to change his mind.

The point being he will not get to Essendon because Essendon won't part with any players that GC would want for him and don't have the draft picks to give up for him. If you would bother reading my post you would see that I said if he can't get to Essendon it may mean he just ends up re-signing with GC but if he wants to get to Vic then he will have to deal with other teams because getting to Essendon is close to no chance unless they want to give up a decent player to either GC or another club in a 3-way trade (something they won't do).

The only people having a pull in this thread are you and Heppellicious claiming you have "inside info" lol give us a spell. I acknowledge he may not want to come to Melbourne but if he does want to come back to Vic we would be in the box seat with what we could offer GC and what we could offer Caddy.

People change their minds all the time, Mitch Clark was going to Freo until we changed his mind, no reason why the same wouldn't happen with Caddy. I can't guarantee he will be at the Demons next year but I can guarantee he won't be at the Bombers.

No you can't

I agree - but If I ranked the teams in order of where I think he will be - Essendon would not be near the top. You just don't have any bargining power unless you put up a good player. Other teams will trump you with picks.

I agree - but If I ranked the teams in order of where I think he will be - Essendon would not be near the top. You just don't have any bargining power unless you put up a good player. Other teams will trump you with picks.

Yes other teams can and will trump us with picks/players. Means sweet FA if Caddy says Essendon only. As others have pointed out Mitch Clark said the same thing regarding Freo till Melbourne went bat s**t crazy with money and the same may occur again although based on what I know Josh will hold firm.

I have said it before Gold Coast rightly had no intention of trading him no matter what last year (FFS they asked for Hurley) this year they will either have to agree to deal or do a Nick Stevens thing to set an example.

Yes other teams can and will trump us with picks/players. Means sweet FA if Caddy says Essendon only. As others have pointed out Mitch Clark said the same thing regarding Freo till Melbourne went bat s**t crazy with money and the same may occur again although based on what I know Josh will hold firm.

I have said it before Gold Coast rightly had no intention of trading him no matter what last year (FFS they asked for Hurley) this year they will either have to agree to deal or do a Nick Stevens thing to set an example.

Around in circles - if Caddy says Essendon only you cannot put up average players and hope they take it - because they won't. You need to find a player to satisfy GC. Otherwise he goes into the draft and gets picked up well before you get a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back