Opinion 2013 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

Hope this isn't true. The 5 shitest teams are currently GWS, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Melbourne and Brisbane and we only get to play one of them twice?????????? Did I fall asleep and we finished top of the ladder or something????????????
we arent the crows, or norf. we dont get gifted s***.

Guess we'll have to get our arses down to the G Puntroad!! Think of it as a blessing.....the more I think about it....wait for the confirmation tomorrow and then the misses will be informed of my 'forced' trip(s) to Melbourne.

I don't know if I'm the only one who is glad that we don't have GWS or GCS twice this year, or any other year. It's time for us to prove that we are worthy of finals, North were gifted finals this year, Adelaide were gifted top 4, it would be a completely different ladder had they not had those dream draws.

We all know how good we can be, and boy, do we also know how bad we can be, but we need to consistently play to that high standard. We ARE good enough to play finals. It's time to show the others teams that too. Wins against expansion teams mean nothing.

I don't know if I'm the only one who is glad that we don't have GWS or GCS twice this year, or any other year. It's time for us to prove that we are worthy of finals, North were gifted finals this year, Adelaide were gifted top 4, it would be a completely different ladder had they not had those dream draws.

We all know how good we can be, and boy, do we also know how bad we can be, but we need to consistently play to that high standard. We ARE good enough to play finals. It's time to show the others teams that too. Wins against expansion teams mean nothing.
Dogs twice is nice.

Agree MR...actually this season's results indicated we are being looked after with a fixture by playing Gold Coast and GWS only once, and top 8 teams twice...much more chance of winning against the top 8 teams. BUt seriously, I am 100% in agreement with going up against the better teams and getting into the finals with credibility rather than 'falling in' on the back of an easy draw. Time to put away a few 100 point floggings to the lower teams while taking some top team scalps and establish ourselves as a 'genuine' top 8 team.

Hope this isn't true. The 5 shitest teams are currently GWS, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Melbourne and Brisbane and we only get to play one of them twice?????????? Did I fall asleep and we finished top of the ladder or something????????????
Brisbane finished with the same wins as us in 2012

Brisbane finished with the same wins as us in 2012
Wins isn't everything. We are a far better team. Brisbane got smashed every by all the good teams, except their wins against Adeladie and West Coast. Their other wins 8 wins were against GWS, Gold Coast, Bulldogs, Port and Melbourne. Not that impressive.

I actually forgot Port in the bottom teams we are not playing twice, that makes it even worse. For a team that finished 12th I thought we would verse at least 3 of the bottom 6 twice not 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm actually really upset there is no Gabba game. It's the only game I get to watch in the flesh every year, and I know many other Queenslanders are in the same boat. There's so many Richmond supporters up here it's bordering ridiculous yet the AFL won't be making the most of it.
Blame the club for whoring themselves to Cairns rather than the AFL. We can't play atthe Gabba every year. We were due an away game vs Gold Coast at Metricon though.

From first view I am a hell of a lot more happier than I was 12 months ago!
7 night games and 7 Satdee arvo games.. Only 1 home game at Etihad. 6 interstate games. 5 x 6 day turnarounds.
Why do we want to play the crap teams twice when if we are seriously talking finals we have to match and beat the better sides?

Nice draw for you guys, my bro is a richmond is a richmond supporter, as i said to him its finals or the knife for hardwick with this Draw no excuses!!

At first glance its looks to be a fair draw which is a nice change. Disappointed we only have 2 friday night games but 13 at the G while 2 of the 3 games at Etihad are against the doggies

Overall, pleasantly pleased

I like that we are playing carlton, saints and essendon twice. They are in the same spot as us trying to push into the 8. If we can't beat THEM, then we don't deserve it, simple.

"We're not waiting for top 8 teams to fall out of the 8, we're going to bloody well kick them out."

EAT EM ALIVE TIGES!!

I am quite satisfied with next season's draw.
Unlike last season, we have not been shafted in the early Rounds, and if all goes to plan, we should be in the black (eg more wins than losses) every week for the whole season.
On the down side, we only play Tankbourne, GWS, Gold Coast and Port once only, then face the Swans and WC away!

When will the replacement GC game be announced? Hopefully it's round 2 against the saints. The "FIX"ture is a bit better than last year, at least we get a few games early against some bottom 10 teams. Melbourne's draws a ******* joke, but they don't get to play themselves i suppose:)

Nice draw for you guys, my bro is a richmond is a richmond supporter, as i said to him its finals or the knife for hardwick with this Draw no excuses!!

You have us confused with Carlton :D

Barring a total train wreck, Dimma will have at least until 2014 to get to finals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back