Fixture 2024 Fixture Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

While it may have been a home game v the Crows in 2021, due to COVID the game was actually played at Giants Stadium. You would think they would have made it up to us in either 2022 or 2023 but no. Almost seems like we have a contract where we play the Crows at the G once every 5 years.

Last time we actually played them at the MCG was 2018.

I'm not one to complain about the fixture, every team seems to have one or 2 sides who they seem to always play away. I'm sure there is some reasons as to why which the club would be aware of.
Oh s**t you're right. Damn that makes it even worse. 6 seasons straight of not playing a team at your home ground. ******* absurd.

Therefore the next time we play them at AO should be in 2031 right...right?

Hmmmm, I reckon the fact we have had to play on your ground every year as a 'home' game is reason enough for us to host a game....once
I have no issue with you playing all your home games in Geelong, including against us. What I do have an issue with is the inconsistency.

Richmond has the 2nd largest membership behind WC yet we get fixtured to play you in Geelong. Therefore, Collingwood and Essendon namely should also be playing you in Geelong when it's your home game. Remember that the only reason these games have been moved to the G in recent times is to accommodate more people. The AFL fixturing us in Geelong busts that myth. So why don't they schedule Collingwood and Essendon (and previously Hawthorn) there...

Likewise, if you want to play all your home games in Geelong, you have to expect to travel to play Hawthorn in Tasmania etc. You'd open yourself up to a more interstate-type fixture where you might only get 1 game at the G per year. Swings and roundabouts.

Samson gonna play a lot forward then cos he’s definitely gonna clunk more marks since he’s bulked up

Kids been hitting the Milo’s
Sampson is the most talented kid we have. Literally could be the best ruck in the game, never seen a big man with better foot skills and nous than him.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

how ****ed is this comp. More integrity in the ammos and local leagues. Any thought I had that Dillon would right the ship is out of the window. He’s going to be Gil v2
Sure is. The only way this was going to change was if Benny took the footy ops job which would have been his stepping stone into the top job. And I'm sure the corrupt boys club at CFL house would bank on house training him for a few years before taking over.

The Gold Coast fixture is the f**king icing on the cake. What a sham. They really do think most AFL fans are f**king morons, going by these fixtures. Sadly, most of them probably are.

Present company excepted of course.

Last edited:
Oh s*t you're right. Damn that makes it even worse. 6 seasons straight of not playing a team at your home ground. ****** absurd.

Therefore the next time we play them at AO should be in 2031 right...right?
No one ever considered a MCG home ground advantage until we finally beat interstate teams there in 2017.
In the drought We've lost a lot of finals at the G at the Gabba, in SA.
I saw 2 of the North losses and the bears in brizzy.
RFC goes on runs of success against certain sides.. not for long enough.

We have been poor at marvel.

We finally play suns in Melbourne but can't beat them. Can't beat basket case north.
Can't beat stkilda

I actually liked games st the gold coast cos it's the nearest ground for me.
I don't mind Marvel cos I am on holiday. In Melbourne and got the time anyhow.
Southern Cross vs MCG is a few more stops for a brother who trains up from Huntingdale.
The game at the Gabba was on a Thursday night the Qld games are usually Saturday night so Victoriana can come up.
I gave it a miss.

18 teams 24 rounds? We play bottom 6 teams twice I think next year.

Why the poor form at marvel? Really needed to address that with new coach.

The meme about RFC supporters loving the G and not turning up at marvel to watch a small interstate team, in the middle of COVID, when you had to book tickets.. in the middle of winter wasn't accurate

Last edited:
Sampson is the most talented kid we have. Literally could be the best ruck in the game, never seen a big man with better foot skills and nous than him.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app
that goal from outside 50 set shot on an angle against radelaide round 2 springs to mind

Something NQR about all of them !
imagine being a scats fan and thinking you dont get a leg up each year from the afl

they were gifted a flag when shocking designed the stand rule when he was at the afl and then ran back to the scats the following year to be ceo

this year finished half a game above us and gifted the most thurs fri and sat night games for no reason by the scats supporting fixture dude while we get moved off prime time despite having 2 of the highest rating friday night games even though we had a shite season where our coach resigned

Sure is. The only way this was going to change was if Benny took the footy ops job which would have been his stepping stone into the top job. And I'm sure the the corrupt boys club at CFL house would bank on house training him for a few years before taking over.

The Gold Coast fixture is the f**king on the cake. What a sham. They really do think most AFL fans are f**king morons, going by these fixtures. Sadly, most of them probably are.

Present company excepted of course.
Any oppo. Any where......5 day breaks after a Perth game.

SEQ sauna in March straight down to tazzy vs North. On a Wednesday. The Saints never leave marvel saints. the pies who have a 3 week break before they play us.
Sunday Arvo when available.

This thread needs a few cubic metres of concrete.

I'll leave it on ignore.

F me. I think it we turn it around quickly..
We played so badly this year and were a sniff of the 8.

Getting a new game plan is already happening..
We have good depth players if and Yze moves on from the heroes of 17 to 20

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

imagine being a scats fan and thinking you dont get a leg up each year from the afl

they were gifted a flag when shocking designed the stand rule when he was at the afl and then ran back to the scats the following year to be ceo
At least us going down there to play will stop the sooking over that one …. But they always find another issue to sook about … I’m telling you they are a special breed cats fans

Not overly fussed with the fixture
Not great but not terrible time slots reflect our ladder finish last year

Decent enough double ups
Getting the saints at the G would of been nice but that’s hardly a new issue with us needing games at Marvel

At least us going down there to play will stop the sooking over that one …. But they always find another issue to sook about … I’m telling you they are a special breed cats fans
This Sook fest thread is giving geesook a very good run for its money. In fact it has blown Geelong out of Corio bay.

In fact this thread =RFC the CFL FIxture sookfest flag winner three peat.

Outstanding by Gale about the stand rule. Dimma and Marvel. Fans and the fixture.

This Sook fest thread is giving geesook a very good run for its money. In fact it has blown Geelong out of Corio bay.

In fact this thread =RFC the CFL FIxture sookfest flag winner three peat.

Outstanding by Gale about the stand rule. Dimma and Marvel. Fans and the fixture.
You don’t sook you don’t get … seems how it rolls with the AFL 🤷🏻‍♂️

No, we play at the G because we are told to. Make more money at K Park unless the crowd is 85k plus at the G.
So why haven’t you stunk it up about the s**t pies and the druggies not playing at meth park?

I’m quite bullish about how we will go … I’m thinking we could surprise a few … or am I being delusional ?
Mini turned around the close loss problem we had. Melbourne didn't mind its AFL players being in the VFL. Schache, Brown & Melksham. Rotate a Grundy in the VFL FFS.

Balta and D Rioli & Baker backline for moi. Gibcus too when ready. Will Grimes, Balta and Vlas get rested?

Our midfield is the main issue. Extending to wings and half fwds.

Tarranto, Bolton and Prestia & Martin.

Dow & Hopper, Sonsie.

Nank rested?

Fwd line of Lynch Kosi. Plus Bauer/Cumbo. Chuck 2, 3 good smalls. Clarke, Coulthard etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Back