Hawthorn x 2
Adelaide x 2
Geelong x 2
They did beat
Collingwood once
Adelaide once
Geelong once so not so bad ;)

with this draw we should play finals

I am happy with it. Two games in Perth that I get to go to, plus when we make finals we wont limp in thanks to an easy draw a la north melbourne and get pumped by 90 points

From a Richmond point of view I'm happy.

The good:

-Dogs twice
-Saints twice (Both times at the G!!!!)
-Cats at the G
-Crows at the G
-Bombers in round 23
-A more evenly spread draw. Last year by round 10 we'd played all 8 of the 2011 finalists. This year it will be 4.

The bad:

-Swans at the SCG
-Two Perth trips, one off a 6 day break after playing Collingwood the week before.
-Playing a home game at Etihad against the Dogs

From a league point of view I'm sick to death of this bullshit handicapping. How can they possibly justify giving any team both GWS and GC twice!??!?!?!??!

Teams Port play twice: GWS, Gold Coast, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide
Teams Melbourne play twice: Gold Coast, GWS, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Fremantle

Teams Hawthorn play twice: West Coast, Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, North Melbourne.

All top 8 sides!!!!! How can they possibly justify this? And look at the Gold Coast's double ups:

Brisbane, Port Adelaide, Melbourne, GWS, St Kilda

Dogs aside that is next years bottom 5. F****n no happy:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fixture doesn't phase me as much as some.
At the end of the day, the best 8 teams will play finals, regardless of the draw.
Adelaide got an easy run this year, but still proved more than capable in the finals.
Big year coming up lads!

And look at the Gold Coast's double ups:

As much as a handout as it is to these clubs - the easiest way for it not to impact on the make up of the 8 is to let the cripples play each other for spots in the bottom 6 - much rather Melbourne, GWS, Port and the Suns all play each other twice than giving teams like Norf a free run into the 8 etc...

With this draw I have us 12-10. That includes beating Geelong at the 'G, beating St Kilda twice and beating the other teams we should ie. Dogs x2, Brisbane at home etc. I have us losing to Freo twice after seeing us really struggle with their restrictive gameplan, North away (Etihad) and the Crows at home. If we can pinch one or two of these game (which we should) we could end up with 13-14 wins and, dare I say it a finals spot.

I split the games with Carlton and Essendon. No wins in Perth, nor against Collingwood, Hawks or Swans.

freo at pattersons on friday night footy.
very interesting, never seen anything like it.
smells like the collingwood/st kilda v brisbane
or carlton v st kilda.
hopefully this can become annual, swapping the venue yearly. freo havent got much, ill exchange a little bit of rivalry for a friday night fixture.

From a Richmond point of view I'm happy.

The good:

-Dogs twice
-Saints twice (Both times at the G!!!!)
-Cats at the G
-Crows at the G
-Bombers in round 23
-A more evenly spread draw. Last year by round 10 we'd played all 8 of the 2011 finalists. This year it will be 4.

The bad:

-Swans at the SCG
-Two Perth trips, one off a 6 day break after playing Collingwood the week before.
-Playing a home game at Etihad against the Dogs

From a league point of view I'm sick to death of this bullshit handicapping. How can they possibly justify giving any team both GWS and GC twice!??!?!?!??!

Teams Port play twice: GWS, Gold Coast, Carlton, Geelong, Adelaide
Teams Melbourne play twice: Gold Coast, GWS, Bulldogs, Brisbane, Fremantle

Teams Hawthorn play twice: West Coast, Collingwood, Geelong, Sydney, North Melbourne.

All top 8 sides!!!!! How can they possibly justify this? And look at the Gold Coast's double ups:

I thought this is what everyone wanted. Top teams play top teams twice, bottom teams play bottom teams twice and middle teams play middle teams twice (thats why we have all the teams around us twice)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150516/default.aspx
Very good table showing each teams draw.
Brisbane have the bottom 4 7 times :eek: and the top 4 only once each. I have them locked in for 9 wins already, thats just looking at the almost certainties games. Thats BS.
Adelaide will continue with the easy draw with only playing the other top 4 teams once. They have the 4th easiest draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back