Opinion 2013 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

The draw for us is average. Still plenty of travel and no repeats against the battlers, offset by the lack of top 4. Good thing is the double ups against mostly teams that will be pushing for the top 8.

If we are good enough, and I think we'll be injuries permitting, we should go 7-3 or 8-2 against the teams we play twice, which should be enough to see September action finally.

Guess we won't get the expansion teams twice or at home until they're both powerhouses.:rolleyes:

Probably a good thing regarding at least one of them.:oops:

Sucks to be North :p
Collingwood x 2
Hawthorn x 2
Adelaide x 2
Geelong x 2
Makes up for this seasons soft draw Now they'll have to earn it!

We beat three of those four this year. Pretty happy with it actually. Wouldn't have minded a return game against the Tigers instead of Brisbane though.

I laugh at those saying we have a good draw. We still cant beat Gold Coast.

The RFC need to have a good hard look at themselves. Until they piss off selling games, we are a joke of a club trying to put $$ before winning games.

What no one really understands is that the AFL would probably look after us more (in terms of favourable draws) if we werent selling our home games. We may still end up playing GC at Metricon, but one of our other away games suddenly becomes a home game... who's to say that isnt the West Coast game, or the Sydney game... or better still... the GWS game where % may play a huge part in where we finish.

We are our own worst enemy and the bullshit the club dribbles out about being only focused on finals... is just a whole load of horse s**t.

The RFC need to have a good hard look at themselves. Until they piss off selling games, we are a joke of a club trying to put $$ before winning games.

What no one really understands is that the AFL would probably look after us more (in terms of favourable draws) if we werent selling our home games. We may still end up playing GC at Metricon, but one of our other away games suddenly becomes a home game... who's to say that isnt the West Coast game, or the Sydney game... or better still... the GWS game where % may play a huge part in where we finish.

We are our own worst enemy and the bullshit the club dribbles out about being only focused on finals... is just a whole load of horse s**t.
People like this here have no f*cking clue how a football club works. We sold games to the Gold Coast so we would have more money to spend on our football department, which is what all the successful clubs have done. More spend on football department is not necessarily something that will yield results immediately but it is something that builds a strong foundation for new players coming through to develop their bodies and footballing IQ's in better facilities with better coaching. It is not anyones fault except the players and coaches for losing the games that were sold to the Gold Coast and Port Adelaide in Darwin. If we'd won the games we should have it would have been a masterstroke by Brendan Gale and we would have all sung his praises - for wins and money. Instead we have the usual peanut gallery whinging and whining and don't want to change anything yet expect things to just automatically happen. Ludicrous.

I understand what he was trying to do, except it didn't pay off. We learn from it and move on.

People like this here have no f*cking clue how a football club works. We sold games to the Gold Coast so we would have more money to spend on our football department, which is what all the successful clubs have done. More spend on football department is not necessarily something that will yield results immediately but it is something that builds a strong foundation for new players coming through to develop their bodies and footballing IQ's in better facilities with better coaching. It is not anyones fault except the players and coaches for losing the games that were sold to the Gold Coast and Port Adelaide in Darwin. If we'd won the games we should have it would have been a masterstroke by Brendan Gale and we would have all sung his praises - for wins and money. Instead we have the usual peanut gallery whinging and whining and don't want to change anything yet expect things to just automatically happen. Ludicrous.

I understand what he was trying to do, except it didn't pay off. We learn from it and move on.

An additional $400k to help our coaching staff and a loss against an expansion club.... versus another home game. I know what l'd take every year. And so does Hardwick. Anyone that suggests that he is happy with the current situation is talking out their arse. An additional home game at the MCG offsets the benefits of selling a game to GC. The difference between making the finals (even one final), will offset selling a game to the GC.

Joke situation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And what if we'd lost at the G to Port and Gold Coast? What then?!?! We walk away with no money (it was $500,000 by the way) and no win. The money is not offset by playing at the G, otherwise we wouldn't have sold our games. Understand?

The brand of football we played we would have lost on the moon yet it's no excuse. Spare me.

And what if we'd lost at the G to Port and Gold Coast? What then?!?! We walk away with no money (it was $500,000 by the way) and no win. The money is not offset by playing at the G, otherwise we wouldn't have sold our games. Understand?

The brand of football we played we would have lost on the moon yet it's no excuse. Spare me.

Yep, putting the sole blame for losing those games on where the match was played is a cop out.

Since the Cairns game is the only one us Qlders are getting next year might have to go north and support the boys again (if my heart can take it;) )
Gale has said its the last of the "sold" games so I say just suck it up.

If the club is to turn aspirations into reality ,may I suggest they need to win all over this great land of ours in any state only then i believe they can have a full on crack at the flag!

We have a contract. This is the last year of that contract to play games in Cairns. I highly doubt we'll selling games again after this year.

I dunno how happy I am with the fixture, though it's definitely easier than 2012's.. but I dont like playing Carlton and Essendon twice, like always... Good for the crowds, but always danger games, never confident against them. We win round 1 though, and I'll pencil us in for finals right there.

This fixture certainly won't be reason for is missing the 8.

Looking forward to a good year where all our important players can stay on the park the vast majority of the year, and the kids start to play like experienced, confident men. Bring it on!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back