Opinion 2013 Fixture

Remove this Banner Ad

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150516/default.aspx
Very good table showing each teams draw.
Brisbane have the bottom 4 7 times :eek: and the top 4 only once each. I have them locked in for 9 wins already, thats just looking at the almost certainties games. Thats BS.
Adelaide will continue with the easy draw with only playing the other top 4 teams once. They have the 4th easiest draw.
With struggling memberships, crowds,sponsorship and tv ratings, the AFL is doing its level best to stem the the bleeding from its losses and diminishing returns in Brisbane

2 Games in perth, including one on the Foundation day public holiday :thumbsu:

P.S: also tugga, IMO Sotsa > Gauchos for Adelaide Argentinian steak!

Two games in Sydney too. :thumbsu::thumbsu:

I'm in NSW Tiger supporter heaven.:)

Not a bad draw it really will show us where we are at. If we play we will make finals, if we play poorly no finals. personally i think there are a lot of 50-50 games and that we need to get a positive result from to make finals.

Carlton 50-50 - new coach new game plan can take a while to get it right good chance for us to get one over them.
St kilda W - played well against them the last 2 years they are on their way down we are improving
Bulldogs W - should win this
Collingwood L - play Hawthorne the sunday before i can see us pushing them but collingwood to win
Fremantle L - At Patersons i can't see us winning this
Geelong 50-50 - like st kilda but better. i can see use winning but depends on how much caddy rivers and McIntoch can improve them and how much their older plays slide and the younger players improve.
Port Adelaide W - We play port better at aami
Melbourne W - should win this
Essendon 50-50 - injuries are a big factor for essendon when they are up they are a good side not top 4 just outside. if we improve enough we can win this.
West coast L - can't see us winning this
bye
Adelaide 50-50 - playing the crows at home will help us and we have the bye the week before while the crows have a tough game against the swan. So we will be fresh maybe sneak a win
Bulldogs W - should win
St kilda W - ditto to round 2
North Melb 50-50 - i feel this is a big game for us must win
Gold Coast W - surely third time lucky?
Fremantle 50-50 - we have a better chance of beating freo at home than away we can sneak this win.
Sydney L - MCG i would say we will win but not at the SCG
Hawhtorn 50-50 - a good recent record against hawthorn gives us a chance to sneak a win
Brisbane W - at the MCG we should get over the line here
Carlton L - carlton should be settled into MM game plan can't see us winning
GWS W - should win
Essendon W - say good bye to Hirdy, the Weapon and Fletcher

W - 10 50-50 - 7 L - 5

Depends on how well we play in the 50-50 games wins agains North Geelong essendon and carlton will put us in the finals.

Thank you whoever saw my post about 2 Perth games, sorry everyone else! :D
Awesome times too, night in Perth is probably one of the best times to play if you have to play over here, so chuffed
Might try get to the Port game as well

I also noticed we get a lot of airtime on Channel 7, pretty good for the club. How many games were shown last year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have a fair draw, not an easy one, but most of the teams we play twice are the ones we are fighting for a spot in the 8 for so if we are a finals quality side and a better side then the ones we are fighting for a spot for we play finals, seems fair to me.

Except Carlton and Essendon could be considered as finalists
Big deal. Look at the fixture, who we've got over the pre-season and tell me that we shouldn't make the finals next year.

Round 13. Saturday Night blockbuster against the dogs. Thats going to draw a huuuuge crowd :confused:
Love that St.Kilda have to play a home game at the MCG against us :D About time it was the other way around

2010 when it hailed.

Cheers dude!
Thought I'd check footywire website & to my surprise, the Cows have not beaten us at the G since 2008 (Nahan Brown 34 disposals). That said, I'm hoping the trend continues and one firing fit Chrissy Knights plays a blinder against his former club!

I have already done it. I have us finishing 6th:oops:
I also have us finishing sixth.

1. West Coast Eagles - look at their performances this year, combined with the calibre of players they were missing for the period of time they were - best side on paper and should be feared 16-20 wins
2. Hawthorn - still the most exciting team to watch, have experience and x-factor - won't be be phased by tough draw 16-20 wins
3. Sydney Swans - reigning premiers with a relatively easy draw - won't be going anywhere 15-18 wins
4. Adelaide Crows - hard to tell, another gifted draw, but off-field dramas, and a lack of genuine support for Taylor Walker could be telling, they have the midfield to carry them through the season - injuries could be their foe 14-18 wins
5. Collingwood Magpies - experienced side - solid draft position - good young kids - A midfield of Ball, Beams, Swan, Pendlebury and Thomas next year will wow. 14-18 wins
6. Richmond Tigers - easiest draw in some time along with moneyball recruiting and the bonafide youngsters they possess they couldn't possibly wreck another opportunity, could they? - 12-16 wins
7. Essendon Bombers - provided all their players can stay on the park, Essendon should be in for a successful season - favourable draw handy 11-14 wins
8. Fremantle Dockers - this side stormed home last year, but outside of McPharlin and Pavlich KPP stocks are critically low, but their midfield is a superb and exciting unit 11-14 wins
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
9. Carlton Blues - MM overhype and lack of KPP stocks doom Carlton to a 'Richmond Cup finish' 10-12 wins
10.Geelong Cats - Geelong has recruited some old fellas to compliment their developing kids - one year down before storming right back into contention in 2014 10-12 wins
11.Brisbane Lions - favourable draw and improving youthful list - KPP stocks nothing to beat home about though 10-12 wins
12.North Melbourne Kangaroos - made use of the favourable draw last year - have been made pay with a horror run in 2013 9-11 wins
13.St. Kilda Saints - off-field dramas continue - no Gram, no Goddard - list aging - kids not ready to take the load 8-10 wins
14.Melbourne Demons - have topped up for the time being, could keep them out of trouble along with a simple draw - seemingly a 'quick' fix though 6-8 wins
15.Gold Coast Suns - more experienced bodies, more games into youth 5-7 wins
16.Western Bulldogs - a hard draw, for a flailing list - plenty of promise, but the re-development begins 4-6 wins
17. Port Adelaide Power - a club in dire straits on-field and off. Some good youg talent, but no older blokes to compliment it - will take time to arise from this trench. 3-5 wins
18.Greater Western Sydney Giants - should see a competiition for the final spot with the Dogs and Power, another year wallowing at the bottom, before bolting in 2014 3-5 wins

Also take a look at our NAB Cup Fixture when you get the chance. Got a real shot at winning that too I reckon. From memory the only difficult game is Hawthorn in Tassie in the second or third week. But we should be accounting for both North and Melbourne in the first week if we're serious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back