Banter Elimination Final v Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said it to belittle us like it wasn't a good win. We've had plenty of good wins. Don't be upset. Get on board Travvy
No I didn't...

I said that was the best of the wins, because it was. You looked like losing, and in the last few minutes stole back the momentum and won, I'd say that's easily the best. And it was away too.

Far out you read too much into things.

Beating St Kilda, GWS and the like is hardly much to write about, but beating Adelaide away at the time was a great effort, and for me the best of those wins by daylight.

No I didn't...

I said that was the best of the wins, because it was. You looked like losing, and in the last few minutes stole back the momentum and won, I'd say that's easily the best.

Far out you read too much into things.
Lol please. You were trying to belittle our win yesterday from your first post. Then as soon as we called you out on it you Boaked it up bad. They were both great wins. As were the Essendon and WC ones.

Lol please. You were trying to belittle our win yesterday from your first post. Then as soon as we called you out on it you Boaked it up bad. They were both great wins. As were the Essendon and WC ones.
Well agree to disagree, yesterdays was good because you sealed a spot, but the Adelaide win was infinitely better.

Essendon are up and down, and I can't recall watching the game, so I don't rate it as highly.

But Adelaide were starting to hit good form, and had the crowd and momentum behind them and everyone would have thought you'd lose at that stage.. but didn't.

LOL pafc 1870 ...

In our last 9 weeks ... Lets compare ours v yours

Rd 15 St Kilda
Rd 16 Lions
Rd 17 Port - We beat you in round 17
Rd 18 Eagles
Rd 19 GWS
Rd 20 Bombers - They beat you in round 16
Rd 21 Crows - They beat you in round 15
Rd 22 St Kilda
Rd 23 Sydney - They beat you in round 20

---------------------------------------------------

Round 18 - you beat Melbourne by 3 points
Round 19 - Collingwood beat you
Round 21 - you beat Gold Coast (they were missing a few)
Round 22 - you beat Carlton
Round 23 - Fremantle beat you

So yeah, I would rather take our form than yours :thumbsu:

I don't believe they took it 100%.

I'm glad you won and all (keeps the Crows out...) but I don't believe Sydney went in that 100% interested in the win, the gameday thread would agree with that.
So your suggesting that the swans only cruised a bit, yet the possibility that we did the same for some of wins in the last 9 weeks? Double standard right there mate.

Well agree to disagree, yesterdays was good because you sealed a spot, but the Adelaide win was infinitely better.

Essendon are up and down, and I can't recall watching the game, so I don't rate it as highly.

But Adelaide were starting to hit good form, and had the crowd and momentum behind them and everyone would have thought you'd lose at that stage.. but didn't.
While the crows win was good, in no way was it as good as last night. If you think the crows are as competitive as the swans even with a few out, your kidding yourself.

Who cares what happened a month ago? Why judge last 6 games? Strange view. Can't wait to be there when Chaplin turns the ball over

Fair enough, lets just go by the last game.

Both teams traveled to play a team higher on the ladder than them on their home grounds ... Richmond won, #10 lost.

The reality is that you guys have won 9 on the trot and we were two kicks from making the top 4, despite our somewhat patchy form in the second half of the season. Both good teams, both in relatively good form. This is what finals are made of.

As for Boak's comments, to be fair, Chaplin made some comments on his way out of Port that weren't particularly well received by our playing group so it's actually a tit for tat thing. Either way, those comments are not going to have a bearing on who wins or loses a big knock out final.

I don't believe they took it 100%.

I'm glad you won and all (keeps the Crows out...) but I don't believe Sydney went in that 100% interested in the win, the gameday thread would agree with that.
Honest question, did you watch the game or just look at the result and read the gameday thread?

They were playing for keeps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The swans "didn't want it", but hannebery was doing the jumper tug after his goal and they were celebrating goals like they won the granny. Na they didn't want it though.

Fair enough, lets just go by the last game.

Both teams traveled to play a team higher on the ladder than them on their home grounds ... Richmond won, #10 lost.

One team had a top four spot to play for, the other * all.

Sorry guys, You may have done us a solid by stopping the cows from making finals.

But we will end your winning streak at 9. A number you all so cherish. :hearts:
You really think the cows were more chance of beating you than us ?

I've made my decision.
I'm going to save my time,money and energy for the Perth trip.
More on the line,nicer place,better ground..
Just a smart decision.

Port has kind of torn itself apart let alone the way other clubs have handled them in the last third of the season. Perhaps the song is a psychological reminder against self sabotage and nothing to do with external threats?

This will be a cracking game. Positions on the ladder are now void. Finishing 5th won't garner the Power any mystical, magical abilities. This is finals and everything is now even. If anything Port has the pressure of not losing to a team that only just showed up in the 8 in the second last round whereas at one point the Power were reigning on top of the ladder for weeks before crashing out of the top 4.

A much more serious look at the card though will indicate that Richmond are no 8th placed club lucky to have a faint chance at maybe winning one final. The Tigers had a strong season last year and were anticipating a better season this year. Their form over the last 9 rounds is formidable because it reveals in concrete terms the expectations we already had of our club. This not really a 5th vs 8th elimination. This is two burgeoning Titans rising to smack the league and break up the older, more established power clubs. Richmond and Port are serious teams. This game will be massive.

The Tigers despite appearances are no limp ins. They are pushing for heavy weight status. Port should fear this and the Tigers should respect the same from the Power.

Really, How so?

We have gone WWWWWWW since we played you last so we are the same team that best your best that day. Add to that our form and confidence and you guys are in trouble. We have nothing to lose, nobody expected us to make finals, nobody expected us to beat Sydney interstate, nobody expects us to beat your lot at Adelaide either...........well except for the faithful. Bring it on........:thumbsu:

Well we were kinda missing our two fill backs for a start, that does leave a bit of a hole. Didn't I just read Sydney have about 4 to 5 ins next week? If buddy played last night they win let alone the other 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back