Mega Thread All things Heritier Lumumba (Good luck H. Thread closed)

What do you think of Heritier possibly going?

• Too much drama - let him go

Votes: 204 64.2%
  • Not a good footballer anymore - let him go

Votes: 75 23.6%
  • We should try to hang onto him

Votes: 40 12.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love that to happen
I'm not a huge fan. I know that we will need some grunt in the middle to replace Beams, but after 2015, I find it hard to see both he and Caff in the same team. I would much rather us go to the draft with this pick- definitely if it is pick 22 from the Dees. Gives us a good chance to net a player with dash and kicking skills as well as relieving even more pressure from the Cap

I'm not a huge fan. I know that we will need some grunt in the middle to replace Beams, but after 2015, I find it hard to see both he and Caff in the same team. I would much rather us go to the draft with this pick- definitely if it is pick 22 from the Dees. Gives us a good chance to net a player with dash and kicking skills as well as relieving even more pressure from the Cap
He is a lot better then Caff and you dont want to recruit him to play as a tagger so the comparison in the end is irrelevant.
Plus im sure if Levi wins the North B&F tonight you will be changing ur tune :D

He is a lot better then Caff and you dont want to recruit him to play as a tagger so the comparison in the end is irrelevant.
Plus im sure if Levi wins the North B&F tonight you will be changing ur tune :D

If he is so important to North and I just heard Walsh on the radio saying that Levi wants to stay at North and they see him a certainly required player- why haven't they re-signed him yet?

33 isn't enough for Greenwood.

He is very likely to win their best and fairest.

Why is North then so reluctant to offer him no more a than a nominal contract?

Greenwood is out of contract, he can walk to any club that meets his terms, North would be silly not to take a pick in the high 20's to low 30's whilst he is still on their books.

He may win their best and fairest, but where does he sit in the pecking order of their mids. How many games have their good mids missed for him to have the jump on them in their vote count. Would prefer bastinac or Atley over him. Can we get one of them for pick 33? Should be a go if he doesn't win their best and fairest.

Why is North then so reluctant to offer him no more a than a nominal contract?

Greenwood is out of contract, he can walk to any club that meets his terms, North would be silly not to take a pick in the high 20's to low 30's whilst he is still on their books.

It's because North are clearly ****ed in the head.

If we get him for pick 28 or pick 33 then we'll walk out the door in tears of joy.

could we get Watts for Lumumba? can play the Maxwell roll well and it a good kick. (i do know his faults). We will not get Greenwood for a mid to late second round pick. If we do i would be very happy, but North will just not agree IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought the first half of H's speech was terrific as he was paying tribute to those who had a big impact on the start of his footy career when he walked through our doors ten years ago and I liked where he was going with his tribute but the second half was a real letdown and it just displayed an insight as to why the club and H don't see eye to eye on certain things and why the club isn't too disappointed to see him leave despite his 4th place finish in the Copeland Trophy.

H's beliefs and values are to be admired. It's an charismatic trait of his to stand up for what he thinks is right but this very trait has been the letdown of H in the process and probably one of the major reasons why he won't be playing for the club next year and beyond.

I wish him all the best in the next stage of his football career but I think it's the right time that him and the club parted ways. Harry's attitude in the second half of the speech was a clear reflection as to why things have broken down with him and the club in recent times. At least he was good enough to attend the night so credit where it's due in that regard.

My overall impression is that Harry is still a highly rated player for the club as the Copeland Trophy results have shown but he's becoming quite a bitter and twisted person in the process as well.

I thought the first half of H's speech was terrific as he was paying tribute to those who had a big impact on the start of his footy career when he walked through our doors ten years ago and I liked where he was going with his tribute but the second half was a real letdown and it just displayed an insight as to why the club and H don't see eye to eye on certain things and why the club isn't too disappointed to see him leave despite his 4th place finish in the Copeland Trophy.

Yep, just got back from Crown and I feel as flat as a tack.

H's speech was part of that - a wise man would've thanked the club for the opportunities, thanked the right people and moved on.

But he made the speech about him. Gifted my arse. Prince of your own dominion. Geez fella when the trappings of the CFC are gone and no-one cares who you are or what you have to say then we'll really see the bitter/twisted side coming through.

Had the chance to redeem himself. Dug a bigger hole. What a utensil.

H's speech was part of that - a wise man would've thanked the club for the opportunities, thanked the right people and moved on.

But he made the speech about him. Gifted my arse. Prince of your own dominion. Geez fella when the trappings of the CFC are gone and no-one cares who you are or what you have to say then we'll really see the bitter/twisted side coming through.

'Prince' 'The Gifted One' 'Will have last laugh'. It was almost time to call the CAT Team.

Weird.

Better than Beams' speech.

'Prince' 'The Gifted One' 'Will have last laugh'. It was almost time to call the CAT Team.

Weird.
The community thing and Collingwood must be on the right side of the fence going forward knowing he is what a let down.
Then the prince gifted bit was cringe worthy.
Then the last laugh well I thought that was another stab at the club with the community thing.

He probably thinks the speech will be up there with Martin Luther King. The pointing is a bit arrogant.

Harry seems to set this moral high standard but I wonder if ANYONE in life could be so perfect. He's placed too much importance upon himself.

Nobody likes someone who rates themselves so highly and blindly. I think that sums him up.

Thanks for turning up but that 2 minutes of the speech was shocking. I'm surprised they let him stand up.

Greenwood is a good player. can be become great at Pies. Pick 22 will be for Lumumba. no 30 something you idiots

The speech was a bit off centre, to put it mildly, but he fronted and looked everyone in the eye. I don't agree with (the bits I understood of) the content, but he went at it front on and isn't hiding behind any convenient excuses. Good on him for that, at least, hopefully down the track there will be less bitterness.

Yeah it was very good that H went and his speech began well.

But nearing the end, as the guys said above, he did come across as a bit of a head case sadly.

Can well see why the club has had enough now.

Ed's intro to H was a dead accurate portrayal of the situation too... Along the lines of we all love you Harry, great bloke and footballer etc etc but time we all have a break, best of luck for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back