VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Footscray at Victoria Park (PIES WON, 100-96!) :-D

Remove this Banner Ad

don't worry about freeman he will be good add him to the future midfield of Sidebottom pendlebury adams scharenberg de gooey kennedy etc etc
once they start getting a few games in them will be a great midfield hines dosent get many early picks wrong

Sidey as an example played his 1st 6 games in the VFL in 2009 and got promoted by tearing it up in the 2's. He also had more trips back to the VFL during the year.
Beams played from round 2 against Melbourne in 2009. The point is if your good enough the VFL can be by passed, Coaches look for needs that are required in the senior team, if Freeman is required to tighten up on his defence efforts, he be played in the back pocket until he gets that right, Moore will probably swing forward and back until the coaches are satisfied, Stats and fans perceptions of the VFL are of no concern to the AFL purpose.

Won't lie, I'm Gooey for De Goey. Can't wait to see him in the B&W tearing up finals at the MCG in a few years. :)

Watching JDG, I've never felt surer about a youngster making it. He has the size, is composed, assured with ball in hand. No pressure of course:)

Re Cox, he seems to be more advanced than he should, if that makes sense. I suppose I'm still thinking of Shae, who never really got the hang of it.

Cox has a long way to go, but his athletic traits - including a high leap and mobility - are already very impressive. Once he learns to read the play better, he could be a winner for us.

Re Cox, he seems to be more advanced than he should, if that makes sense. I suppose I'm still thinking of Shae, who never really got the hang of it.

Cox has a long way to go, but his athletic traits - including a high leap and mobility - are already very impressive. Once he learns to read the play better, he could be a winner for us.
Certainly seems to be progressing well. Encouraging signs. He is 24 so getting into the age bracket where big men start to dominate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone else get a bit of mild anxiety thinking about Shaz? I just really want him to not get injured anymore! But I half expect to see him do another major injury in the coming weeks and I don't know why!!! I really hope he doesn't end up being our version of Menzel!

Yes. Feel the same anxiety. Just hope he gets through the year unscathed. Fingers, ears and toes crossed.

Beams played from round 2 against Melbourne in 2009. The point is if your good enough the VFL can be by passed, Coaches look for needs that are required in the senior team, if Freeman is required to tighten up on his defence efforts, he be played in the back pocket until he gets that right, Moore will probably swing forward and back until the coaches are satisfied, Stats and fans perceptions of the VFL are of no concern to the AFL purpose.
Beams was the exception, not the rule.

Bucks was on ABC, said that Freeman is a guy that needs to play a lot of VFL football to get used to the pace, bigger bodies, also said he doesn't yet know how to really make use of his gifts(speed and endurance) in game.

He'll be fine.

I'm just happy he is getting through games and not getting injured :p

This guy is a real darkhorse.. from what ive seen of him this year.. how on earth did he get out to pick 30? laser like bullet like left foot and tackles like a beast. Bring him in! Give this guy a go at it. Maynard.

MAYNARD%20Brayden.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's interesting cant recall Sidebottom, Beams, Cloke, ever playing more than 2 games in ressies, or even tearing it up. If your good enough and have fitness you will get in. Freeman will probably fire up for a few quarter's and bang his in. The pressure for the club to expose these high draft picks in the AFL will grow by the week.
Diifference is that Freeman is nowhere near the player that those guys were. Even Pendlebury earned his stripes in the VFL. If its good enough for him, I'd suggest Freeman extract the digit and not just cruise.

This guy is a real darkhorse.. from what ive seen of him this year.. how on earth did he get out to pick 30? laser like bulle

MAYNARD%20Brayden.png

Not even close to being ready in my opinion, hasn't put a 4 quarter performance together so far. Will be a good player but got a lot of development to go. Lots of players ahead of him at this stage......Marsh is one that comes to mind straight away. We don't want these blokes playing before they're ready. In one week, out for four or five is counter productive-especially for young kids!!!

Great to hear the reports guys. Looking forward to seeing some of the kids break into the team in the near future. With all the negativety surrounding us in the pre-season it looks like we are in a really good position for the future.

Just on Freeman, not everyone develops at the same rate. He is a first year player. I can't wait for him to prove the doubters wrong, in HINDsight maybe McCarthy would have been a better option, but cmon first year players rarely make an impact straight away.
He has elite endurance and speed and is as tough as nails once he learns to trust his body and put himself in the right areas, i think he is going to be a very good player.

Expectations for Freeman are very high, and rightly so because he was pick 10. We just need to temper these expectations given he's missed 12 months and is still only 19/20.

The kid can find the footy, has elite speed and elite endurance. That is a very nice combination of talents. Once the sub rule is dusted, which I expect for next year, with interchange reduced to 80/100, IMO, players like Freo are going to be very valuable.

Let's just let him develop in the VFL. I expect him to start really racking them up come 2nd half of the year once his touch and confidence in his body becomes more prevalent.

This guy is a real darkhorse.. from what ive seen of him this year.. how on earth did he get out to pick 30? laser like bullet like left foot and tackles like a beast. Bring him in! Give this guy a go at it. Maynard.

MAYNARD%20Brayden.png

I'm not really a good judge, being more into the ladies myself, but I must say we are getting a very good looking group of midfielders developing for the future. Crispo and Levi are both handsome young devils, to add to Taylor Adams and a few others who would make a good club promotional calander. Not sure about Swannie but then these things are all a matter of perspective aren't they?

I just think it would be awesome to have not only the 'best' but the 'best looking' midfield in a couple of years time. It would be great for membership and promotion, it could take kids minds off B Grade bands like One Direction and best of all, would really screw with the minds of teams like Carlton and Richmond that put a lot of work into their hairstyles and grooming. It would sting them bad.

I'm not really a good judge, being more into the ladies myself, but I must say we are getting a very good looking group of midfielders developing for the future. Crispo and Levi are both handsome young devils, to add to Taylor Adams and a few others who would make a good club promotional calander. Not sure about Swannie but then these things are all a matter of perspective aren't they?

I just think it would be awesome to have not only the 'best' but the 'best looking' midfield in a couple of years time. It would be great for membership and promotion, it could take kids minds off B Grade bands like One Direction and best of all, would really screw with the minds of teams like Carlton and Richmond that put a lot of work into their hairstyles and grooming. It would sting them bad.

Outstanding post:thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

Gee Cox is developing nicely... becoming a very good mark around the ground and regularly kicking goals up forward. This may be stupid to suggest but is it possible he goes past Witts by the end of the year? He doesn't appear to be that far behind at the moment... Brilliant pick up.

De Goey will be AA, is a jet.

Freeman clearly is not mentally right at the moment, needs the full year in the VFL.

Great to hear Scharenberg back, he also needs a full year in the VFL to get some confidence back.

All in all a great weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back