VFL Round 3 - Collingwood vs Footscray at Victoria Park (PIES WON, 100-96!) :-D

Remove this Banner Ad

That's interesting cant recall Sidebottom, Beams, Cloke, ever playing more than 2 games in ressies, or even tearing it up. If your good enough and have fitness you will get in. Freeman will probably fire up for a few quarter's and bang his in. The pressure for the club to expose these high draft picks in the AFL will grow by the week.

I think your memory is just a beat off because they certainly had to do the business at the lower level before getting a call up ditto Swan, Pendles, Elliott, Brown and Reid. No player is exempt and I certainly hope they don't share your opinion because that can be a cancer at a club (look at Brisbane with their "untouchables").

DeGoey may only play another two to three games at that level such is his quality of work and desire ATM he's certainly not exhibiting delusions about being above a level. Does that mean though that you'll likewise reflect and say he didn't need to tear it up before getting a run at it?

He might already have. With Blair's improvement, Dwyer contributing and Kennedy waiting in the wings, Fasolo's future in the forward line is bleak. Not to mention the likes of Broomhead and Karnezis as fwd/mids. Or even Sidebottom if our new look midfield allows us to play him at HFF more.
Certainly no time to be giving less than 100%, if that's the case.

Just to expand on my previous comment about Cox, he is really developing at warp speed. To see him out there you wouldn't know he was a yank playing his 5 or 6 ever game of AFL. Really used his voice out on the ground directing, complimenting and even trashing opposition players. Is noticeably huge on the ground and very mobile. This is a big call and maybe a couple of wines talking, but reckon he will be our number one ruck-man in 3 years!
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I love the enthusiasm, but you may need counseling. :p

is he the next Colin Silvia?
I think he will be in the spotlight before the season is over,I also think he was the bloke Maxy was directing his comment about "F------ stepping up " probably Seedsman also but he is developing a sense of urgency whereas Fasolo is stuck in the same rut.This season is Fas,s 5th on the list and for a bloke with his ability he should be a leader but he has been poor so far this season,he is at the crossroads of his career imv.

I think he will be in the spotlight before the season is over,I also think he was the bloke Maxy was directing his comment about "F------ stepping up " probably Seedsman also but he is developing a sense of urgency whereas Fasolo is stuck in the same rut.This season is Fas,s 5th on the list and for a bloke with his ability he should be a leader but he has been poor so far this season,he is at the crossroads of his career imv.
VFL watchers: is Fas taking a turn in the midfield rotation?

Hi all I was at the game also today.

Can I just say I love footy at Vic Park!

We asked Langdon who was sitting on the bench how Young was and he said that Young felt "tightening" and decided to pull the pin for the day. He is old enough to know his body so I hope this is true as he was playing ok up till half time.

Eddie was in the huddle at three quarter time......I was a bit of a smartarse and asked Eddie to get a speaker on Tapping so we could hear what he was saying. Typical Eddie he came back with "I better hear you fire up the guys when they break from the huddle".......love your work Ed.

Great win by the boys in the last with not much on the bench.

P.S De Goey is a Gun.........Marsh was great fantastic

Did I tell you I LOVE Vic Park?!? :)

Hardas we were surprised he didn't get a run on the ball in the last quarter.

I thought he was a lot better today than against the Bombers.

Might be one that could figure in trade discussions later in the year if we are again involved in any high powered intrigues, especially if he fancies a move to the tropics.

It does not matter if he is in the midfield rotation he appears to be missing for long periods in matches too long for a bloke who has been on the list for a while now.
Surely if he was in the midfield rotations he would be noticed more and would hopefully get more possies but it is not happening.I think he is definitely at the crossroads,when he kicked 30 for the season in 2012 I thought we have a beauty here but he has stagnated and needs to turn it around fast.

Might be one that could figure in trade discussions later in the year if we are again involved in any high powered intrigues, especially if he fancies a move to the tropics.
It does not matter if he is in the midfield rotation he appears to be missing for long periods in matches too long for a bloke who has been on the list for a while now.
Surely if he was in the midfield rotations he would be noticed more and would hopefully get more possies but it is not happening.I think he is definitely at the crossroads,when he kicked 30 for the season in 2012 I thought we have a beauty here but he has stagnated and needs to turn it around fast.

Don't be so quick to right of Fas guys. In the third quarter the ball hardly got into our forward line.
That is the reason I thought it was strange he didn't get a run in the middle.

It's a long season and players like Fas and Young will help us in the second half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True about fas, we got smashed on the outside after halftime. On Young, I was in the huddle at Qtr time and noticed that Young was talking to a trainer and grabbing high on his thigh, I mentioned to my bro that looks like there is something there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Won't lie, I'm Gooey for De Goey. Can't wait to see him in the B&W tearing up finals at the MCG in this year. :)
EFA.

We will make the 8 and DeGoey will be best 22 by that time. Lock it in Eddie!

Don't be so quick to right of Fas guys. In the third quarter the ball hardly got into our forward line.
That is the reason I thought it was strange he didn't get a run in the middle.

It's a long season and players like Fas and Young will help us in the second half of the year.

Fair enough. I'd like to see him given every opportunity cause there is certainly no doubting his ability. It's just that if we do have any genuine openings to bring in an elite talent in the trade period he is in the category of right age profile, not getting the most out of himself, change of scene could be just the thing, potential high quality steak knives. We don't have too many players in that frame that other clubs would actually be interested in. Every time we have discussions about such potential trades people keep bringing up names like Sidebottom and Broomhead. Trading either of those guys would be insanity. But Fas ...

Does anyone else get a bit of mild anxiety thinking about Shaz? I just really want him to not get injured anymore! But I half expect to see him do another major injury in the coming weeks and I don't know why!!! I really hope he doesn't end up being our version of Menzel!

A fantastic victory by the VFL side and an important one considering we would be 0-3 and the players would have hurt from that loss since we were six goals in front at the start of the match.

From what I can gather De Goey, Witts and Marsh were the standouts today. Some might disagree but I have a feeling Witts will replace Gault next week and I'd love to see De Goey break his way into the senior side as well. Great to hear that Kennedy and Scharenberg got through this game unscathed and I'm keen to see how they perform in the next few games in the reserves.

Anyone know what's going on with Clinton Young now? The guy cannot seem to take a trick on the injury front at the moment and I'm starting to sense that his playing days are numbered as others have forced their way past him to break into the senior side recently.

Thank you to everyone who attended yesterday and provided their insights and thoughts on the match!:thumbsu:

Watched a little bit of VFL training before yesterdays game, Noticed both Freeman and Kennedy were in 2nd gear for the most of it, The guys are class above it shows clearly, there's no requirement to rip up the VFL. When the fitness is up AFL standard these guys along with Sharenberg, Moore and a few others will show the type of footy that will propel the seniors to great heights. This depth is what I think making fringe players like Oxley, Ramsey Frost, play some great footy.
I was there today and Freeman certainly had dropped down from his class above status of the previous day. He is struggling a little at the moment but has missed a lot of footy so that is understandable. I have no doubt is is going at 100% currently.

That's interesting cant recall Sidebottom, Beams, Cloke, ever playing more than 2 games in ressies, or even tearing it up. If your good enough and have fitness you will get in. Freeman will probably fire up for a few quarter's and bang his in. The pressure for the club to expose these high draft picks in the AFL will grow by the week.
Sidey as an example played his 1st 6 games in the VFL in 2009 and got promoted by tearing it up in the 2's. He also had more trips back to the VFL during the year.

I am looking forward to seeing these guys when I get back.

I like the reports on Cox so far. Doesn't seem good for Fasolo though, I wanted him traded last year but I thought let's give him one ore chance. We are now heading into round 6 and he has only played two AFL games and isn't tearing it up in the VFL.

It's sad but if you are not going to bleed for the club, you can leave.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back