What now for Essendon?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they will sit on their hands and do nothing until the WADA issue is finalised. They had the best chance to sack HIRD nine months ago and took the soft option. The board now want him to resign but they don't have the "power and strength" to do it for fear of getting booted themselves.
He won't resign either as he believes and knows he is bigger than the club.
As such the club will continue to rot to the core.
That's a good point, if a heap of players get banned they might have grounds to sack him without paying him out, and, well the season is gone anyway, they can't afford to just burn another million dollars or so.

I don't want Essendon gone, I want them clean, and I want to go back to hating them for the right reason. Because they ain't Collingwood.

Cheers guys, let's hope it's all over soon.

What about all those placards that were diligently prepared and paid for so they could be waved each week as a big "up yours" to everyone until Hird retires of his own accord or through natural passing at the end of his days?

1377104400000.jpg

To abandon them now would simply be hypocritical. This was the Die Wende, wasn't it?

I have an idea ...now this might seem mad

But here goes

James should get on the phone to Thomson and say I want you in the box with me ......

In fact how it will work for the remainder of 2015 is that I will be in the bid and you'll be man on the boundary and vice versa

Essentially we will co coach the team for the remainder of 2015 .....

Yes it would've sign of hey I'm not up to it ....or it could be sold us hey we are struggling and I need help

Thomson is very very smart operator ...Hird isn't

I reckon Hird could learn a lot from Thomson in 9 games and hit the ground running in 2016

It's either sack him now or get him some help so he can be fast tracked in his developement for 2016

Now I know it won't happen so don't bash me for this post .....but clearly what he's doing isn't working and clearly they won't sack him, so if your not going to sack him then get help for him instead

I think this move would win back some fan base also ...explain it clearly to the media the purpose and what the plan is with Thomson involved on match days

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result

You've got to change something and doing something radical would be my thinking

If your not going to fire someone then it's your duty to help ....

Mark Thomson would maybe help ......Hird needs help or sack ?

Is there a chance that the players have given up on Hird and are not wanting to play for him anymore? Haven't watched them recently but that would be my first guess on their recent ****house performances.
It's possible, but why would you knowingly torch your career just because you don't like the coach. Performances like the weekend could kill careers.

why? he is basically a cancer now

Psst.... Look up a little, just a little more... That's it.... There's the point I was making....

We play Essendon in Round 18....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Psst.... Look up a little, just a little more... That's it.... There's the point I was making....

We play Essendon in Round 18....

nah extend extend extend

Seriously can anyone name just ONE coach that wouldn't have been sacked the moment the off field issues came to light? Then instead of not sacking him they give him a paid holiday in France for 12 months. Then it gets even better after being flogged by Hawthorn and Geelong....the club allows the head coach to go overseas during the bye....seriously. Any other club he would have been sacked, Essendon's board is ordinary who don't have the you know whats to make a decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back