Play Nice Richmond, set to become the biggest club in Australia, now with 100K members

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rnd 9, 2015 Hawthorn vs Gold Coast , crowd number 11320. lol
Rnd 19, 2015 Richmond vs Gold Coast crowd 38,500

The defence rests your honour.
One of the games was at Tasmania you absolute fool.
The only time I see you on BigFooty is when you're having a swing at Hawthorn. Or as you like to hilariously label them the "Tasmania Hawks" (Aha, absolute pisser mate!)
You seem to have a huge grudge, but I would recommend you getting that grudge and shoving it up your arse, or continue with the grudge and embarrass yourself on BigFooty even more.
What strikes me as more odd, is your lack of basic knowledge on well, anything.

Onto the crowd figures. Hawthorn v Gold Coast. 53% of capacity.
Richmond v Gold Coast. 38.5% of capacity.
What gives? I thought the biggest club in the universe would be able to atleast fill a stadium to 50% capacity?

lmao

This choking club is kidding itself.....the bandwagon will be gone soon, teams going nowhere.

Seriously but, what a joke HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAAH
What a strange post, get back in your box.

Why don't they focus on being the best club in Australia?

70,000 is a lot of microwaved memberships.
That would be wasted resources, as no one can compete with the juggernaut that is Melbourne Victory. :thumbsu:

HA

In Tassie.

Why is it in Tassie?
Because not so long ago the club was in a bad financial situation. Some genius named Ian Dicker thought of the idea of playing games in Tasmania so we could make some more money! shock, awe! It also put a foot into the Tasmania market who don't have their own AFL team. We now have 7k or so members from the Apple Isle itself.
Do you just want us to admit that we went down there for the money? There is no shame in that. Everyone knows. No one cares. But you. Just you and your lonely self.

Cool, in Tassie

Lets compare like for like games in Melbourne

Round 14 2014 Richmond v Sydney 34,648
Round 19 2014 Hawthorn v Sydney 72,760

As poor a comparison as this is (the 2013 and 2015 games only got 54,725 and 63,319) at least we are comparing fixtures at the same stadium :eek:

Where were the mythical Tiger army for this one?
Nice, use a comparison of when 75% of tiger fans were in panic mode that the wheels had fallen off before the 9 game win streak to prove your point. I wonder if that shows any bias in you trying to make your point in relation to an article written about this year over a year later in 2015. People like yourself that pull "facts" from anywhere to prove your point even if its out of context are the scourge of forums. Why don't you go paint yourself brown and gold in the shed and whack off to pictures of Roughy and Hodge you obvious fanboy :)

This isn't a useful metric for measuring how big a club is but it is a decent measure of calculating how much current membership figures are restricted by various factors (mainly capacity)

Code:
#  Club          $ Profit per Member (rough)
1. West Coast    360
2. Fremantle     260
3. Geelong       170
4. Adelaide      170
5. Collingwood   150
6. Essendon      145
7. Port Adelaide 135
8. Carlton       130
9. St Kilda      130
10.Sydney        120
11.Richmond      120
12.Melbourne     105
13.Hawthorn      100
14.Gold Coast     95
15.W.Bulldogs     80
16.North Melb     75
17.Brisbane       70
18.GWS           -35

This isn't a useful metric for measuring how big a club is but it is a decent measure of calculating how much current membership figures are restricted by various factors (mainly capacity)

Code:
#  Club          $ Profit per Member (rough)
1. West Coast    360
2. Fremantle     260
3. Geelong       170
4. Adelaide      170
5. Collingwood   150
6. Essendon      145
7. Port Adelaide 135
8. Carlton       130
9. St Kilda      130
10.Sydney        120
11.Richmond      120
12.Melbourne     105
13.Hawthorn      100
14.Gold Coast     95
15.W.Bulldogs     80
16.North Melb     75
17.Brisbane       70
18.GWS           -35

Good value fr money supporting the hawks

Because they are not relevent to home games in Victoria are they?

Why cant Richmond draw 40,000 plus to home games against non Victorian clubs.

Hawthorn has 'only' done it 8 times (above)

...supposedly we dont play any home games against non Victorian clubs outside Tasmania :drunk:
With all due respect, there are non-Victorian clubs, and then there are non-Victorian clubs. I mean Sydney (with it's South Melbourne heritage) is more like a Bulldogs or North than an interstate club. And 6/8 of Hawthorn's 40k+ versus interstaters have come against the Swans, in an era of unprecedented Hawk/Swans success. It was the biggest game of the year and virtual grand final preview during those years. Having said that, 70k is a great result v.'s the Swans in Melbourne.

But let's compare like to like.

I'm waiting to see how a top-4 Richmond will draw against the Swans (when they're also in top-4). But what we do know is that Richmond have 38-42k of core support against Freo/GWS/GC, which is a pretty good gauge of our support on a weekly basis. I think it's fair to say that we'd be pushing 40-45k against Victorian clubs given historical rivalries.

Our 34k v.'s the Swans in 2014 was a terrible result, but at the time we were 3-9 (and 16th on the ladder) ... Hawthorn were 12-4 and 3rd on the ladder going into the game where they drew 70k last year against the Swans. Not really an apples for apples comparison.

Hawkk if your goingto compare attendance figures
The only time I see you on BigFooty is when you're having a swing at Hawthorn. Or as you like to hilariously label them the "Tasmania Hawks" (Aha, absolute pisser mate!)
You seem to have a huge grudge, but I would recommend you getting that grudge and shoving it up your arse, or continue with the grudge and embarrass yourself on BigFooty even more.

What gives? I thought the biggest club in the universe would be able to atleast fill a stadium to 50% capacity?

He should shove it up your ass but you've already got something stuck up there.

Seriously whats wrong with you Hawk flogs lately? You've all gone from insecure to bat crap crazy.

Once again this is about the biggest club in Australia so no need for Hawks flogs to poke their grubby little heads in here

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cool, in Tassie

Lets compare like for like games in Melbourne

Round 14 2014 Richmond v Sydney 34,648
Round 19 2014 Hawthorn v Sydney 72,760

As poor a comparison as this is (the 2013 and 2015 games only got 54,725 and 63,319) at least we are comparing fixtures at the same stadium :eek:

Where were the mythical Tiger army for this one?
In defense of Richmond they were in s**t form when they played us, but then again out of that 34k about 15k were swans fans, Richmond supporters don't turn out during home an away because they are never really up an about lol

In defense of Richmond they were in s**t form when they played us, but then again out of that 34k about 15k were swans fans, Richmond supporters don't turn out during home an away because they are never really up an about lol
All correct ... except for the 900,000+ who have turned up so far this year.

Who has the biggest Tassie crowd this year out of Richmond and the Hawks

Last edited:
Rnd 9, 2015 Hawthorn vs Gold Coast , crowd number 11320. lol
Rnd 19, 2015 Richmond vs Gold Coast crowd 38,500

The defence rests your honour.

Hawks vs Suns: 100(11,616/515,000) = 2.25% of the state population attending the game.
Tigers vs Suns: 100(38,500/5,791,000) = 0.66% of the state population attending the game.

You used a terrible example given you have plenty of other ammunition you could have used.

Well done.

Hawkk if your goingto compare attendance figures

He should shove it up your ass but you've already got something stuck up there.

Seriously whats wrong with you Hawk flogs lately? You've all gone from insecure to bat crap crazy.

Once again this is about the biggest club in Australia so no need for Hawks flogs to poke their grubby little heads in here
Where is your argument or are you going to solely attack the man/club?
You have nothing.

That's only because Collingwood never plays Gold Coast in Melbourne.
I may be mistaken but didn't Collingwood draw 36.9k vs the Suns at the MCG in 2012?? And that's coming off a grand final in 2011. Richmond hasn't even won a final in 14 years, it would be fool hardy to suggest they have peaked in attendance terms.

With all due respect, there are non-Victorian clubs, and then there are non-Victorian clubs. I mean Sydney (with it's South Melbourne heritage) is more like a Bulldogs or North than an interstate club. And 6/8 of Hawthorn's 40k+ versus interstaters have come against the Swans, in an era of unprecedented Hawk/Swans success. It was the biggest game of the year and virtual grand final preview during those years. Having said that, 70k is a great result v.'s the Swans in Melbourne.

But let's compare like to like.

I'm waiting to see how a top-4 Richmond will draw against the Swans (when they're also in top-4). But what we do know is that Richmond have 38-42k of core support against Freo/GWS/GC, which is a pretty good gauge of our support on a weekly basis. I think it's fair to say that we'd be pushing 40-45k against Victorian clubs given historical rivalries.

Our 34k v.'s the Swans in 2014 was a terrible result, but at the time we were 3-9 (and 16th on the ladder) ... Hawthorn were 12-4 and 3rd on the ladder going into the game where they drew 70k last year against the Swans. Not really an apples for apples comparison.

That's fair enough however according to the flog Hawthorn NEVER play non Victorian clubs in Melbourne :drunk:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back