When will Alastair Clarkson get the credit he deserves?

Remove this Banner Ad

Another translation:

My butt hurts because there are highschool kids who weren't born when Carlton last beat Hawthorn and my team being reamed by the greatest team of the last 50 years has made me order some colour coded vaseline so I can see just how far the reaming has gone. So I think I'll shriek like an irrational screeching harpy about a man who is clearly the greatest coach of our time, and try and make him look like a failure at life - like me.
16 flags ...your mob have a bloody long way to go to catch up ...lets hope the tassie government keep offering up the dollars to help you win another couple

ff9ir.jpg

16 flags ...your mob have a bloody long way to go to catch up ...lets hope the tassie government keep offering up the dollars to help you win another couple

in 400 years. Do you remember the last time carlton beat Hawthorn. You see the difference in our perspectives, is you are citing premieships won by people who are, to put it bluntly, DEAD. We are celebrating a coach who has guided us to more premierships this century than there have been carlton wins over hawthorn. That's more PREMIERSHIPS than your blue fairies have won GAMES (these are the meaningless home and away little club matches that take place before the big men come out and play finals.) Your pathetic team has won a total of three home and away games against Hawthorn since 2000 (2 of those IN 2000) You keep going on about 16 premierships half of which were won before television existed. Hawthorn supporters have 27 hours of premierships on video to watch. That's something to celebrate. I honestly don't care what your 16 premierships are worth, you weren't born for most of them. I was around for all 13 of ours.

in 400 years. Do you remember the last time carlton beat Hawthorn. You see the difference in our perspectives, is you are citing premieships won by people who are, to put it bluntly, DEAD. We are celebrating a coach who has guided us to more premierships this century than there have been carlton wins over hawthorn. That's more PREMIERSHIPS than your blue fairies have won GAMES (these are the meaningless home and away little club matches that take place before the big men come out and play finals.) Your pathetic team has won a total of three home and away games against Hawthorn since 2000 (2 of those IN 2000) You keep going on about 16 premierships half of which were won before television existed. Hawthorn supporters have 27 hours of premierships on video to watch. That's something to celebrate. I honestly don't care what your 16 premierships are worth, you weren't born for most of them. I was around for all 13 of ours.
I hate you bastards.
But godammnit if you aren't the best team of all time.

Geez bullying and abusing some teenager in a children's match, what a tough guy.

With this sort of attitude and muppets defending it no wonder so few young people want to take up umpiring, then of course people complain about how crap the standard at is at AFL level..
Perhaps, look at it in context. He was trying to get a bunch of kids to kick to the right end of the ground and some high and mighty twat told him to get off the ground. Again, telling someone to '* off' is not bullying.

Similarly, if you think AFL players aren't told where to go multiple times a game and deal with it, then you're kidding yourself. "* off" rolls off the tongue of players, officials, coaches, umpires and spectators from Broome to Mirboo North every weekend.

If all it took for this twat to quit his position was being told to '* off', then he was never going to last long in the caper anyway.

The interesting thing is the same was said of Matthews and Brisbane. Even with equalisation, Draw tampering and all the other crap the AFL does, it still happened in a little over a decade.
yeah but matthews doesnt have 4 premierships next to his name.

Not sure if can fully lay that term on him at this stage. At this point he sits comfortably among the all time greats, and can hold his head very high in their mighty company. Give him another couple of AFL flags before he's done (and who would put it past him?), and we may just have to bestow the GOAT title upon him...

Theoretically flags are now 50% harder to win (50% more teams) so pro-rata Clarko has 6 flags adjusted on the old scale ;).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can feel the burn from here....

Perhaps, look at it in context. He was trying to get a bunch of kids to kick to the right end of the ground and some high and mighty twat told him to get off the ground. Again, telling someone to '**** off' is not bullying.

Similarly, if you think AFL players aren't told where to go multiple times a game and deal with it, then you're kidding yourself. "**** off" rolls off the tongue of players, officials, coaches, umpires and spectators from Broome to Mirboo North every weekend.

If all it took for this twat to quit his position was being told to '**** off', then he was never going to last long in the caper anyway.
lol at you trying to defend it.. absolutely terrible behaviour from someone that should be 100 times above that.

In saying that the man is obviously a coaching genius within the AFL, easily the best I've seen in my time watching the game.

lol at you trying to defend it.. absolutely terrible behaviour from someone that should be 100 times above that.

In saying that the man is obviously a coaching genius within the AFL, easily the best I've seen in my time watching the game.
Lol at your faux outrage.

You think swinging punches is tough. I guess you also think cramming an opponent's head and neck into a behind post is tough too. Or getting back on topic running fifty meters to deliver a coward's punch from behind is really tough. Or trying to bully junior football officials. That's really hard. Super tough. Waiting to get to the door of your hotel to swing a punch, and then running away through the door. Ultra manly stuff.

Sounds like the winning combination that would lead to a 3peat..... Oh it already has.

Don't be jealous now.

Certainly more successful than Carltons tanking and salary cap cheating.
Oh well they do develop great spuds though.

Perhaps, look at it in context. He was trying to get a bunch of kids to kick to the right end of the ground and some high and mighty twat told him to get off the ground. Again, telling someone to '**** off' is not bullying.

Similarly, if you think AFL players aren't told where to go multiple times a game and deal with it, then you're kidding yourself. "**** off" rolls off the tongue of players, officials, coaches, umpires and spectators from Broome to Mirboo North every weekend.

If all it took for this twat to quit his position was being told to '**** off', then he was never going to last long in the caper anyway.

What about Mirboo

I think clem smith was at that junior game where Clarko was violent towards a junior umpire. I mean how else could he be so .........
I'm searching for the right words just think of it. Maybe Laphroaig might be able to give me a hand?

Definitely Clarko's fault. Mostly for letting the hype build up on Bolton. A real coach would have chained up the kids so they couldnt get in drunken brawls.

I don't know why people care? I'd do the same thing...people have to listen to me, I'm the premiership coach Ffs! Give people a clip whenever they get out of line, I would love it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back