• Free kick out of the middle setting up Rioli's goal

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Free kick against walker for turning around to better attack the ball

Votes: 52 82.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

By my call, Hawks got about 5 shots at goal from dubious free kicks

Which free kick from tonight's game was worse?

• The free kick out of the middle to set up Rioli's goal?
  • The free kick against Walker for turning around to get to the ball over Gibson?

The free against Walker was nailed in. Takes his eyes off the ball. Gave the umpire no choice.

The Burgoyne one was the single poor decision of the final quarter.

Except for several incorrect disposal calls not given against Crows players. But no one seems to care about those

The one were Jenkin's threw the ball in our forward line that wasn't pinged incorrect disposal.

But wait we forgot about that one right? :rolleyes:

or the one with a couple of minutes left where Stratton threw the ball about 20 or 30m out from Adelaide's goal in the forward pocket.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

or the one with a couple of minutes left where Stratton threw the ball about 20 or 30m out from Adelaide's goal in the forward pocket.

And seconds later we had another Adelaide throw that wasn't called again.

This discourse can go on forever.

The free against Walker was nailed in. Takes his eyes off the ball. Gave the umpire no choice.

The Burgoyne one was the single poor decision of the final quarter.

Except for several incorrect disposal calls not given against Crows players. But no one seems to care about those
None of that has anything to do with a free kick. I wish the umpires would learn that too.

You're allowed to turn and look at your opponent. It's not always to give away a free kick, often it's to see if you're going to get flattened or just to work out where they are.

Now you can argue it was high contact, or it was marking interference (whatever that may be), but I don't care that Walker turned and looked at his opponent.

It's about as irrelevant as deciding a lookaway handball constitutes a throw.

I didn't think the game was umpired all that badly.

But when it comes to the big moment in the dying seconds and a player holds the ball in, has prior opportunity to dispose before being tackled, doesn't try to get it out and it spills out without proper disposal then I think that has to be a free kick.

An ump made a big call at one end. Could probably have waived away the Puopolo in the back as incident contact as part of a fair marking contest. Then the other ump at the other end didn't make the call. Both were probably 70/30 free kicks in my mind. Pretty clear without being blatant.

One thing that makes my roflmfao is Eagles supporters consistently coming onto whiny umpiring threads and having a whinge about it themselves. The hypocrisy is astonishing. Consistently the most looked after team for years and years on end.

If I was a weagles supporter I would just stfu

I loved the Crows player's 'handpass' over his shoulder like he was throwing a bouquet at a wedding. But play on, it wasn't in the last minute so nobody cares.

So long as he hits the ball off the hand it doesn't matter ...the hand with the ball can be moving also

Please learn the rules

Listen to these *ing Crow sooks

Eddy Betts isnt allowed to push people in the back when he gets out of Adelaide and they cry like *ing babies

Please, Hawthorn have been throwing the ball for years and getting away with it.

2015 was meant to be your year... but still salty after so much time?

So long as he hits the ball off the hand it doesn't matter ...the hand with the ball can be moving also

Please learn the rules

The hand holding the ball must remain stationary. Seriously. Its been that way for maybe 60 years now.

Unless you can point to a rule change in the last week?

Back