Preview Rd 5. Suns vs North Melbourne @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

We let them walk over us in the final quarter, something could have still been won. I suppose when our midfield is complete and May and Thompson return we will be a better outfit, will be that much harder keeping them fit. Focus on finishing the game as best as possible, which isn't good enough.

We let them walk over us in the final quarter, something could have still been won. I suppose when our midfield is complete and May and Thompson return we will be a better outfit, will be that much harder keeping them fit. Focus on finishing the game as best as possible, which isn't good enough.

I understand your point but Hawthorth doesn't make excuses they just put the next guy in line in, I am sick of the excuses.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're playing a bit better now with 7 minutes to go. North applied a lot of pressure this game and we didn't handle it. We still did ok though.

I understand your point but Hawthorth doesn't make excuses they just put the next guy in line in, I am sick of the excuses.
Generally the Hawks will lose two or three key players at the same time, I really have never seen them lose 8 key players for an extended period at the same time. But we do need that depth, not a complaint, just pointing out our lack of fitness.

We give list cloggers like Shaw, Russell, Stanley long-term contracts, draft forward pockets in the 1st rd and recycle the wrong players (Rosa excused)
Malceski, Rischa, Ablett, Rosa and Harbrow were some of our best players tonight i thought. Russell was terrible though.

Wright showed he should be getting more time. Hell of a performance. That's about all that you can say that was positive though. Defense was a dumpster fire all game long. How many times did North kick it over the top to find a 4-1 matchup where all they had to think about was which way they wanted to kick the goal? Not sure what needs to be done to fix it, but we've had this same problem pop up every single year. Need to contest better and ease up on the damn turnovers.

Wright showed he should be getting more time. Hell of a performance. That's about all that you can say that was positive though. Defense was a dumpster fire all game long. How many times did North kick it over the top to find a 4-1 matchup where all they had to think about was which way they wanted to kick the goal? Not sure what needs to be done to fix it, but we've had this same problem pop up every single year. Need to contest better and ease up on the damn turnovers.

Turnovers are because of pressure and that comes from experience. North have a shipload more experienced players than we do. Talent doesn't make up for that.

Left at 3/4 time
I usually have to drag the kids but they were ready to go
I've gone past being disappointed these days
I think we all know what the problems are, but we'll have to face up to the fact we're unlikely to be challenging the top teams for a while
This year we'll have some unexpected wins, some expected wins, some unexpected losses and the expected losses
Which sums up a mid tier team
This was expected
Same old same old
Too many injuries to stars that means we can't delist them and they're impossible to cover
You can't plug an $800,000 gap with a $150k player
Too many soft outsiders
A middling skill set
And unless something amazing happens GAJ won't be winning too many games off his own boot anytime soon if ever
Having said that, I'll take tonight's loss to see the emergence of Peter Wright
That is a huge bonus
Please do NOT drop him for the rest of the year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back