Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

Iggy's health will be so critical here, hopefully he is feeling better

Pretty confident we will be able to get up but as mentioned, the start is so crucial. The crowd/home court advantage is just so big for us, would not be confident if it werent at Oracle

It's been a great season my fellow Dubs fans, hope tomorrow is a successful one. :thumbsu::thumbsu::straining:

My fault guys. 100% on me. All season long I watched every game on replay on NBA-TV on my Laptop. 3 games ago I moved to Toronto and NBA-TV didn't work and I was forced to watch them live on TV.

We then lose the next 3 games.

Butterfly effect.

Sorry guys.

I ****ed it up.

Really hard to swallow...

Steph and Klay just didn't turn up. No excuses...when it comes down to the clutch plays in the last quarter of the last game of the finals, you find out who can get it done. LeBron still can.

We no be championship this year.

My fault guys. 100% on me. All season long I watched every game on replay on NBA-TV on my Laptop. 3 games ago I moved to Toronto and NBA-TV didn't work and I was forced to watch them live on TV.

We then lose the next 3 games.

Butterfly effect.

Sorry guys.

I stuffed it up.
Heh...I was actually thinking it was on me. Every time I dialled in at work throughout the entire series the Cavs went on a run.

No different today.

Tough series, really thought you guys had it won after game four, and then the Green calamity happened. He might be wide awake for a few weeks.......

Really pisses me off how Curry's season ended. Felt he got far too passive at times and never got into that takeover mode that he had in the regular season. I don't buy that the Cavs were defending him well. They made a ton of mistakes and Tristan Thompson was on him a hell of a lot. Regular season Curry would have burned him.

Oh well. Injuries are a part of the NBA. Would love to see the Warriors get back there next year.

Congrats cleveland. Steph curry's hollywood turnovers and too cool for school attitude along with an apb out on clay thomson"s game 7 performance cost gsw the title.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats cleveland. Steph curry's hollywood turnovers and too cool for school attitude along with an apb out on clay thomson"s game 7 performance cost gsw the title.
That's what has always made or broken the Warriors though. Curry just wasn't right and couldn't do the crazy things he normally did. Klay was just awful and reminded me a lot of his Mark Jackson days where he didn't have a leash and would chuck up junk.

I know it means * all, but Klay matched Stephs most 3 pointers in one years playoffs with 98.

This playoffs Steph still managed to have the 3rd most ever with 80, despite missing all those games.

Props to Green for showing up today. Was sensational.

amazing. his game was gonna go 1 of 2 ways. foul plagued rubbish or a game for the ages. did all he could. cannot fault the man.

the pursuit of reg season record in my mind has had an affect on the team. no doubt

the pursuit of reg season record in my mind has had an affect on the team. no doubt

100% disagree on this one, though no one will ever know.

It wasn't until a week or so in the season that the Warriors put breathing space between them and the Spurs remember. So what, rest everyone for a game or two? Don't think it would have changed much. Remember resting players didn't work for the Spurs this year.

No one on the Warriors in the Top 15 in minutes played.

The playoffs were just rough. All based around Steph's injuries. Sort of snowballed.

100% disagree on this one, though no one will ever know.

It wasn't until a week or so in the season that the Warriors put breathing space between them and the Spurs remember. So what, rest everyone for a game or two? Don't think it would have changed much. Remember resting players didn't work for the Spurs this year.

No one on the Warriors in the Top 15 in minutes played.

The playoffs were just rough. All based around Steph's injuries. Sort of snowballed.
Agreed, but the chase for 73 seems like such a waste now, nice to have the record but there will forever be an asterix next to it. That hurt today, last year I was never confident we would win the title, but coming off the title and the way we've played this year I was sure we were going back to back. Oh well.....

Going to be a really interesting off-season now, I can't see HB coming back and Festus would have to be doubtful now too. I think we are going to put everything on the table to try and get KD, but not sure what our backup plan is. We need to try and upgrade at the 3 and the 5, time for Bob Myers to wprk some magic.

There's probably going to be an overreaction. Hope the team's management realize that we did win 73 games with this team. Things just didn't work out in the end.

Only one game away from winning it remember. And we know this group can get it done.

Still a really young team.

I really hope they keep Barnes and Ezili. They will definitely be a lot cheaper now as well.

2 weeks ago if someone had of said "Ezili is a great succession plan for Bogut" people would have agreed. One bad series shouldn't take away from that. He's still so raw.

I don't think it's been one bad series from Festus though, apart from a couple of short bursts (the Portland game in particular) his post-season was terrible. I will be happy if Festus stays, but personally 1 of him or Bogut has to go, both are too injury prone to be relied on for a full season. Hell we had to pick up Andy V to cover us (I'm assuming he's gone too btw).

HB is still going to get PAID, someone's going to make him a big offer, and I can't see us making him our highest paid player.

Which centers in the league aren't injury prone though? Particularly the center we need (defensive anchor). I doubt Bogut goes anywhere. He's contracted and I can't see any team wanting him.

Bogut played 70 games this year, which is pretty solid for a center.

Too early for post mortems...but I feel we need a 6'11 foot small forward good for 30 or so ppg.

Jokes aside I do feel we need a big that is a consistent scoring threat inside. Bogut has zero offensive touch, we can't expect any more of Dray, and well...that's about it. Mo is a streaky jump shooter and Barnes just stamped his ticket for who the * cares where.

I still think Pau would look great coming off the bench.

Last edited:
Which centers in the league aren't injury prone though? Particularly the center we need (defensive anchor). I doubt Bogut goes anywhere. He's contracted and I can't see any team wanting him.

Bogut played 70 games this year, which is pretty solid for a center.
You're right I know, and I agree re Bogut I'd love him to stay he was really good this season, there are a few guys who always give him trouble but our big lineup looks best when he's active and engaged. Festus is a tough one for me, he was great early in the season but after his injury he was mostly terrible and had lost all touch for the ball and feel for the game. I won't be mad if he stays, he just needs to get back to being the player he was early in the year.

HB is the big one for me. I thought he was going to breakout this year, and like Festus he started the year well then got injured and lost the plot completely. If he can be the player he was early in the year consistently then great, but financially I'm not sure the numbers add up.

You're right I know, and I agree re Bogut I'd love him to stay he was really good this season, there are a few guys who always give him trouble but our big lineup looks best when he's active and engaged. Festus is a tough one for me, he was great early in the season but after his injury he was mostly terrible and had lost all touch for the ball and feel for the game. I won't be mad if he stays, he just needs to get back to being the player he was early in the year.

HB is the big one for me. I thought he was going to breakout this year, and like Festus he started the year well then got injured and lost the plot completely. If he can be the player he was early in the year consistently then great, but financially I'm not sure the numbers add up.
And yes, I may not be thinking 100% rationally either. Today sucks.......

Remove this Banner Ad

Back