Discussion Fake Footy Jumpers

Remove this Banner Ad

$_57.JPG

Except the use of others' intellectual property and the potential to remove legitimate income from people who have those guernseys or clubs that would potentially sell the guernsey.

Who's to say they won't reproduce them. Again, the whole intellectual property thing. The club have every right to commence reprinting jumpers again, whilst this person doesn't. Why? Because the dude on eBay doesn't have any right to the intellectual property.

"get away with it" Simply put, it's counterfeit goods now. No matter how many disclaimers you put on it.

I don't understand what you're being so precious about. I would think the corporate logos are an issue, but as for the rest of it? I do not see a problem. There are guernsey manufacturers across the country willing to make you a jumper from old school designs any time you like. I know a few people who have had VFL and VFA jumpers custom made. And before you say 'well they are breaking the law.....', a few football teams have had them made up by the same people for their museums etc as well. And as we know, the individual clubs don't own the 'intellectual property' of their designs either.

As long as the seller isn't trying to pass them off as legit, play on.

The VFL and Fosters logos are a bigger issue than that.

Same seller also has a Crows away jumper for sale.

Exactly.

I have no arguments to it being counterfeit and illegal, but at the same time, these guernseys aren't exactly available elsewhere.

Here's something I heard around the jumper making traps a while back. There is a demand for reproductions of jumpers like the original Bears one. But there is not a big enough demand for the League or Clubs to produce them and make a profit. Even if it is 'illegal' on lower levels like this, they'll turn a blind eye so to speak because it's filling a market that doesn't generate enough money for the powers that be to care about it.

Something I have noticed a few times which is really starting to piss me off is this person who sells boots with fake signatures and videos of the people signing them. In many cases you just see the person's body and not their face, which is suspicious enough in itself.

They have however slipped up in at least one listing where they are selling a boot supposedly signed by the Chief.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Signed-J...430399?hash=item2a5a2b8e7f:g:4OUAAOSwYHxWHFXs

Scroll down and watch the video and have a close look.

image.jpg

I dont know about you, but that doesnt look like Jason Dunstall to me!

What an absolute tosser

That's a big call TheExtractorFactor , accusing a large seller like that of selling fake signatures - I personally think all his gear looks fine. Have viewed his listings and videos from time to time, and other than a dodgy hidden camera style of filming, can't question his authenticity.

It's just poor lighting and camera quality on the dunstall video in my opinion - as well as a poorly timed screen shot.

Looks more like him, a fraction of a frame later:
chief.png

That's a big call TheExtractorFactor , accusing a large seller like that of selling fake signatures - I personally think all his gear looks fine. Have viewed his listings and videos from time to time, and other than a dodgy hidden camera style of filming, can't question his authenticity.

It's just poor lighting and camera quality on the dunstall video in my opinion - as well as a poorly timed screen shot.

Looks more like him, a fraction of a frame later:
View attachment 200743

Actually you are right that does look like him. I just remember seeing another couple of videos, one was of Leigh Matthews, where his face wasn't actually shown. Another thing that made me suspicious was having boots signed by players who wear different brands. Maybe I am just too cynical!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back