Strategy Can the Saints make the finals this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

1) If North win their next two and lose their remaining four games...
WE NEED TO BEAT: Bulldogs, Blues, Swans, Tigers, Lions to make the finals.

2) If North win one of their next two and lose their remaining four games...
WE NEED TO BEAT: Bulldogs OR Roos, Blues, Tigers, Lions to make the finals.

3) If North lose all six remaining games...
WE NEED TO BEAT: Blues, Tigers, Lions to make the finals.

So if North win this, and lose their last four, we must beat them next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Farkin Collingwood.

Well that clears it up a bit now then.

Two scenarios left are;

1) If North win next week and then lose their remaining four games...
WE NEED TO BEAT: Bulldogs tomorrow night, Blues, Swans, Tigers, Lions to make the finals.

2) If North lose next week and then lose their remaining four games...
WE NEED TO BEAT: Roos next week, Blues, Tigers, Lions to make the finals.

Basically our finals series starts next week. We will NEED to beat Carlton, Richmond and Brisbane in any scenario, and then either one of Sydney or North provided North collapse in the last month. If we lose tomorrow night we are still in with a shot, because if we can beat North the following week and what I mentioned above goes ahead, we'd finish the year on 12 wins compared to North's 11. We can't finish on the same amount of wins as them because of our poor percentage.

We will be busy for all of September sorry:(

You probably will be. And that will be it. After all, the grand final is in october, and we all know you can't make one of them don't we :thumbsu:

It will take a miracle for us to play finals now. Lose tomorrow and it's officially curtains.

Anyone that needs any sort of clean up etc I'd book them in right now. Last year we left it a bit late with some players and they ended up having a late start to pre season.

Give the fringe players in Lee, Murdoch, Curren Delaney etc a chance to see if they can salvage anything out of their careers or it's curtains.

Farewell the players that will be retiring and blood White, Rice, Coughlan, Payne etc to give them a taste of what it's like.

Get everyone primed and ready for day 1 with the addition of Carlisle and hopefully a gun mid or defender and it's onwards and upwards.

It will take a miracle for us to play finals now. Lose tomorrow and it's officially curtains.

Anyone that needs any sort of clean up etc I'd book them in right now. Last year we left it a bit late with some players and they ended up having a late start to pre season.

Give the fringe players in Lee, Murdoch, Curren Delaney etc a chance to see if they can salvage anything out of their careers or it's curtains.

Farewell the players that will be retiring and blood White, Rice, Coughlan, Payne etc to give them a taste of what it's like.

Get everyone primed and ready for day 1 with the addition of Carlisle and hopefully a gun mid or defender and it's onwards and upwards.

I really hope the club don't do anything you suggested. matter of fact I would be certain they wont. Play guys that deserve a game, bugger the others. They have had plenty of chances to prove themselves.

At this stage I don't see the point of playing Murdoch, Curren and the others you mentioned. I'm pretty sure they are never going to feature in our best 22 and it will take games away from others we need to see.

I would far rather bring in Templeton, Pierce, Rice, White and even a couple of rookies in Coughlan or NOK if we can to give them a look at the real thing.

I really hope the club don't do anything you suggested. matter of fact I would be certain they wont. Play guys that deserve a game, bugger the others. They have had plenty of chances to prove themselves.

If we can't win on Sat I don't see the point in playing Montagna in the half backline or Gilbert in the team over kids. But that's just my two Bob.

At this stage I don't see the point of playing Murdoch, Curren and the others you mentioned. I'm pretty sure they are never going to feature in our best 22 and it will take games away from others we need to see.

I would far rather bring in Templeton, Pierce, Rice, White and even a couple of rookies in Coughlan or NOK if we can to give them a look at the real thing.

I still think that Murdoch can make it just needs to be given a 5 or so block of games in a row.

Give guys like Gilbert, Montagna etc a rest and bring in the younger guys. What's the worse that can happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back