Analysis Tom Hawkins - clearly not insignificant !

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll take the bait.

Why is he not in the best 22?

Because they have been saying so all season and to go against that one now would see them having to admit they are wrong.

Plus, he is a tall focal point and takes away from us having the smallest forward line in history being lead by McCarthy, wth backup from Walters (traded for Hawkins & Blicavs :rolleyes:), Motlop, Lang and Gregson.

Some posters have decided that tall forwards are a waste, especially Hawkins, even though if we put him up for trade majority of the teams would come to the trade table with an offer.

Still not in best 22
giphy.gif

Because they have been saying so all season and to go against that one now would see them having to admit they are wrong.

Plus, he is a tall focal point and takes away from us having the smallest forward line in history being lead by McCarthy, wth backup from Walters (traded for Hawkins & Blicavs :rolleyes:), Motlop, Lang and Gregson.

Some posters have decided that tall forwards are a waste, especially Hawkins, even though if we put him up for trade majority of the teams would come to the trade table with an offer.

Good points.
Said the same thing about Blicavs regarding the bolded.

Still not in best 22
Too one dimensional, can't mark overhead, too slow, forward pressure rubbish (even if you give the the tackle stat) I watch him play and it's no good.
While you are entitled to your opinion, posts like this appear to ignore facts and evidence and perhaps exist only to bait and troll. There is a constructive way to discuss Hawkins contributions, as evidenced in this thread. Take a read and have a go more along those lines, if you insist.

This isn't the Bay.

Too one dimensional, can't mark overhead, too slow, forward pressure rubbish (even if you give the the tackle stat) I watch him play and it's no good.
I suggest you watch the replay of today's VFL game.
Clark not playing. Kersten has tried but not great and Vardy has been a s**t shower.
That's who Hawkins FF competition is. Not to mention he's kicked over 50 AFL goals this year, rather insulting to even mention those 3 as his competition.

While you are entitled to your opinion, posts like this appear to ignore facts and evidence and perhaps exist only to bait and troll. There is a constructive way to discuss Hawkins contributions, as evidenced in this thread. Take a read and have a go more along those lines, if you insist.

This isn't the Bay.
So I'm basically saying similar things to what the media is (they're experts, not one eyed supporters) and I'm trolling? What facts am I ignoring?

So I'm basically saying similar things to what the media is (they're experts, not one eyed supporters) and I'm trolling? What facts am I ignoring?

Who in the media has stated that Hawkins is not in Geelong's best 22?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These ones:
2nd in the league in contested marks
2nd in the league in marks inside 50.
6th in the league for goals.

In the last 5 weeks Geelong's had 297 inside 50s, our main power forward and main target for I'd say roughly 1/3rd of those entries has kicked 14 goals in that time....So yes he's becoming insignificant.

Last edited:
We are an amazing team to win and carry him
I think we're an even more amazing team to carry him and Blicavs. Though despite Hawkins becoming insignificant he at least contributes some structure and takes defenders away from other players from time to time where as Blicavs....

I think we're an even more amazing team to carry him and Blicavs. Though despite Hawkins becoming insignificant he at least contributes some structure and takes defenders away from other players from time to time where as Blicavs....
Scott must be a great coach to carry to bigs plus 2 rucks per game
Imagine if we had a genuine coach like Buckley or Leppitsch or even hardshite

In the last 5 weeks Geelong's had 294 inside 50s, our main power forward and main target for I'd say roughly 1/3rd of those entries has kicked 15 goals in that time....So yes he's become insignificant.

Based on what, a pure baseless guess?

Every time I come back to this forum you seem to have dropped an extra few IQ points.

It's like watching Ike FROM south Park do his impression o David Caruso's post-NYPD career

Remove this Banner Ad

Back