List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that no AFL club will take a punt on Ben Saunders, he just stitched up the Bernie Naylor Medal for the 3rd time, he is too short to be a full forward (187cm) but would make a good medium forward. He kicked 4 goals 5 today in blustery conditions and he has been known to take the odd screamer. Worth a rookie-listing at least.
Sometime some players are just meant to be wafl level player , H.shepard is another one that is same age as saunders.

Barlow's trade value is next to nill. Why would a club seek to bring in a player with suspect disposal? Unfortunately Barlow will at best be a spar parts man who fills a short term need. Third round draft pick is the deadset most I could see a getting for a player who has two to three years max left in his career.
If they trade their first draft pick that they won't be using then you could do well.

I haven't seen any of his games, nor am I fussed about his axing - but who would Menangola have replaced in our side this year ? Would it have been Barlow or a running back type in Sheridan ?

Sometime some players are just meant to be wafl level player , H.shepard is another one that is same age as saunders.

So true. The fact that Matt De Boer was likely to win this year's Sandover Medal is a case in point. There are those players that 'tear it up' at WAFL level but aren't quite up to AFL level.

Anyone else see Cam McCarthy at the game today?

Trying to look inconspicuous, but had to turn out for his hero's big game.

Suck it GWS, he's all ours.
I did. He was sitting on top of the dougouts about 30 minutes after the game (after the kick to kick). Wonder if he got an invite onto the rooms afterwards?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Question . How likely are Freo to bid on Bowes in the draft? I can't see * or the Lions bidding on him so i think that Freo would either have to bid on him or the Suns get to use #4 on another player.

Question . How likely are Freo to bid on Bowes in the draft? I can't see * or the Lions bidding on him so i think that Freo would either have to bid on him or the Suns get to use #4 on another player.

Depends how many 1st rounders they get and if they get a few in a row. Freo might try keep them honest

Id keep De Boer. He's young but mature enough to lead the younger players. He leads by example and we need that going forward. Just how he goes about his off season life (studying, law) is something to strive after. He has done a lot to get himself where he has. That's invaluable.

Eddy with another 5 goals today against Adelaide in the SANFL, 68 in 18 games during the home and away season. Surely could spare a late pick if he's still around.
He will make a good 2nd or 3rd tall for us.

Regardless who we get for picks 3,39 and 57. I am dead certain freo will use a late pick or psd pick on a mature aged key forward

Id keep De Boer. He's young but mature enough to lead the younger players. He leads by example and we need that going forward. Just how he goes about his off season life (studying, law) is something to strive after. He has done a lot to get himself where he has. That's invaluable.

He played well enough today, granted, but there's a reason that was his fourth game for the year.

He showed he has a future afl career but I think he would offer more to Brisbane or GC.

He was great today, but I think good skills are too valuable these days.

He will make a good 2nd or 3rd tall for us.

Regardless who we get for picks 3,39 and 57. I am dead certain freo will use a late pick or psd pick on a mature aged key forward
Aaron Black says hi. Would you guys be against Black and pick 65 for pick 39?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back