Roast Throwing the toys out the crib

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way I see it is the people cracking the shits over Friday night just need to take a step back a bit, it's embarrassing. I get the frustration and disappointment but you cant let it get to you. It's unhealthy how serious some here take footy.
So what you are saying we should reduce how much we follow the footy to be more like you. Ok.

The way I see it is the people cracking the shits over Friday night just need to take a step back a bit, it's embarrassing. I get the frustration and disappointment but you cant let it get to you. It's unhealthy how serious some here take footy.
How can you take from some words of disgust/disappointment/whatever that it's unhealthy for them and so on? That it's getting to them?
I'm sure they will be going to work and the other things they do in life, this happens to be something people care a lot about and have done so for 100 odd years.
And why are you diagnosing them with this problem?

God forbid people are passionate and it sometimes spills over.
If a decent contest was put up on Friday night (one of the most pivotal nights in our history), it would never have blown up this much anyway.

So what you are saying we should reduce how much we follow the footy to be more like you. Ok.

Not exactly.. but it isn't the worst idea, everyone be more like me :)

People built up the pressure so much and when the team feel that pressure we get upset. Let's try to wind the pressure back a bit and see what happens :)

I have though about this after reading this board over the weekend. I stopped reading almost immediately, and have not posted anything. I have stayed away. Because all I have seen is negativity.

The disdain and anger I have seen over the past few days on this board directed at the team, at our captain, at our young players who have stood up all season, has been, for lack of a better word, disappointing.

We have a team that has overcome many issues, the latest being the loss of arguably the best player in the competition. But our players have stood up, and we have won at least 6 more games this season than most people predicted.

But a loss in round 23 to one of the in form sides in the comp, and this board loses its mind.

It is not over! We are still in the race!

Our club needs support now more than when we were flying and looking at top spot. It needs belief that they can be the first club to win the premiership from outside the top 4 in this finals system.

We have the list, we have the talent, and our team needs support to get over the line. Don't be like our 'friends' down the road. Take the bad with the good, and let's have confidence and belief that we can bring home the cup.

There's my rant. Take it as you will.

Hmmm.

Beat WCE at their ground for the first time in god knows in one of the clubs great home and away games.

Play them at home this time, get completely spanked off the park, lose our top 4.

I can't understand why people would be gutted either....

I have though about this after reading this board over the weekend. I stopped reading almost immediately, and have not posted anything. I have stayed away. Because all I have seen is negativity.

The disdain and anger I have seen over the past few days on this board directed at the team, at our captain, at our young players who have stood up all season, has been, for lack of a better word, disappointing.

We have a team that has overcome many issues, the latest being the loss of arguably the best player in the competition. But our players have stood up, and we have won at least 6 more games this season than most people predicted.

But a loss in round 23 to one of the in form sides in the comp, and this board loses its mind.

Our club needs support now more than when we were flying and looking at top spot. It needs belief that they can be the first club to win the premiership from outside the top 4 in this finals system.

We have the list, we have the talent, and our team needs support to get over the line. Don't be like our 'friends' down the road. Take the bad with the good, and let's have confidence and belief that we can bring home the cup.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your emotions at the time of the game and directly after the game?

You're delusional brah

You're still in the denial phase. Most of us, having been here before, noticed it for what it is and moved straight into the anger phase. We are now in the acceptance phase.

Soon we will move into the optimism phase about 2017. Then, after the trade period when we bring in no decent midfielder that we desperately need, we'll re-enter the denial phase.

If you don't mind me asking, what were your emotions at the time of the game and directly after the game?

Of course I was frustrated. It ruined my night tbh. But then, when you put things into perspective, you realise that now is not the time for trash talking the team. It is to get behind them to win their home final in 2 weeks time. I would have hoped that was the tone of this board, but it was only negative.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's like we're not allowed to be negative EVER on this board. All positivity and no criticizing whatsoever. All la-de-da we are amazing even though we haven't won anything for 18 years but that's ok let's accept it for what it is and accept mediocrity for the next 18 years! Yay!

Please.

People only melted because it hit a nerve.

We have been here before, many times. Its past the joke now. Our ceiling is a close loss in a cut throat final. This season is setup to be no different.

The worst part is its the same s**t across three different coaches and a couple of generations of players. Its now very much a culture thing if it wasnt already. So we (supporters) will shake it off and reset as we near the North game and see what happens over the next few weeks. Dollars to doughnuts though that its an exit in week 2 or 3. Probably a close one.

Ah gee wizz, so close, yet so far, good effort, we will get there next time.

People only melted because it hit a nerve.

We have been here before, many times. Its past the joke now. Our ceiling is a close loss in a cut throat final. This season is setup to be no different.

The worst part is its the same s**t across three different coaches and a couple of generations of players. Its now very much a culture thing if it wasnt already. So we (supporters) will shake it off and reset as we near the North game and see what happens over the next few weeks. Dollars to doughnuts though that its an exit in week 2 or 3. Probably a close one.

Ah gee wizz, so close, yet so far, good effort, we will get there next time.

How can we ask they players to do any different, if the supporters don't even believe they can? That's all I'm saying.

Of course I was frustrated. It ruined my night tbh. But then, when you put things into perspective, you realise that now is not the time for trash talking the team. It is to get behind them to win their home final in 2 weeks time. I would have hoped that was the tone of this board, but it was only negative.
I am pretty sure that what gets talked about on here in no way impacts on the team one way or another, whether it be 'supportive' or 'trash talking'. I am also pretty sure that, come game day, everyone on this board who is at the ground or in front of their TV, no matter how pessimistic or disappointed they feel, will be cheering those players on regardless.

7e8ae80b925cb6b0a1372d3cf9367ad0.jpg

The reality is that loss has knocked us out of the race. To think otherwise is being deluded.

To win the premiership you need to be top 4, as the system is massively stacked against you if you finish 5th onward (In fact, top 2 for a team that has never won a grand final). To prove this point further, only 4 teams (I think it's 4 now) have made the preliminary finals out of 30 odd that have finished the minor round 5th or better.

None have made a grand final.

We'll need a miracle at this rate, the only positive is that really the top 5-6 are quite even. The worst thing about it though, is we blew the chance meekly.

My signature on my avi says it all:

"Embracing mediocrity since 1998".

This club has had everything (and I do mean everything) given to them on a platter since 1991 and still we only have 2 flags to show for it.

The Weagles game was symptomatic of this mediocrity malaise that we seem to accept year after f'kn year. Time and time again we supporters have our heart ripped out from us by mediocre performances under pressure (notice I didn't use the "choke" word but hey it is OK for us to use it against the PAPs).

Yes I am bloody disappointed but I am giving them the benefit of the doubt. This finals series is make or break for us and sets us up for the next 2 to 3 years of performances.

We had better stand up and show some spine and PERFORM in the finals or they can all GAGF.

End of rant.

A lot of people need to realise we just are not good enough.

Smashing Freo/Essendon/Brisbane was fun, but we have only won one game in four against the three best teams this year. WCE have hit similar form to these top teams and showed the gap between us and the best.

That is where we are at. Accept it, enjoy the next couple of games (and I expect improvement on last years Finals Campaign) and look to next year. You will feel better once you grasp this reality.

A lot of people need to realise we just are not good enough.

Smashing Freo/Essendon/Brisbane was fun, but we have only won one game in four against the three best teams this year. WCE have hit similar form to these top teams and showed the gap between us and the best.

That is where we are at. Accept it, enjoy the next couple of games (and I expect improvement on last years Finals Campaign) and look to next year. You will feel better once you grasp this reality.
Who would you say is the flag favourite right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back