Workshop Jumper Ideas for 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's just not an attractive colour set from the Suns. The blue doesn't work with the red and yellow as secondary colours in large portions...
Looks OK to me, doesn't look any worse than their home jumper, I think the colour swap on the logo definitely helps with that. The red is as minimised as the blue is on the home jumper.

Would definitely work away vs Brisbane and Sydney which is what it is needed for.

Any other combination of the colours would be worse i.e a inversion (Red/Yellow) would look absolutely horrid as would a blue/red combination. If you remove the side panels it would be too Carlton I think.

3/??

View attachment 248510

Swapped royal yoke out for navy, returned it to the classic size, brought in navy shorts and borrowed El_Scorcho's updated lion (hope you don't mind). I also made their dairy sponsor's logo visible. Just like with the Crows, I BLK'ed the colours and brought in a custom number font.

4/??

View attachment 248514

New design inspired by the Parramatta Eels yellow getup for this year. No lion as I couldn't get it to fit while still looking neat and uncluttered.

Dunno how I missed this but * me, the Lions in that colour set gives me an erection.

I don't want to see the Suns rebrand themselves at this early stage in their existence, perhaps 5-10 years down the line if things are stable yet no premiership success. If they wanted to change the jumper I'd go for some dark red hoops, a traditional element executed in a modern style which would hopefully keep both camps happy.
lpfqdzx.png

I don't want to see the Suns rebrand themselves at this early stage in their existence, perhaps 5-10 years down the line if things are stable yet no premiership success.

I don't think they can afford to wait that long to be honest. They need fans and they need them quickly.

I don't think they can afford to wait that long to be honest. They need fans and they need them quickly.
They do, but my concern is that they would look pretty weak and amateurish if they change after just a few years. Once they have a path to success then they can make the change.

One thing i simply dont understand is why there is a white outline on some jumpers. It looks horrible. Adelaide's especially.
It can help the numbers stand out better on some jumpers but it really depends on the background colour it is on whether it looks good or not.

Thinking GWS to have Black and Orange Hoops, or maybe, like the Bulldogs, a Predominantly Orange Jumper with 1 Black, and 1 White hoop.

GC should have Red with 2 thick, or 3 Thinner Yellow V's

Say they are modern teams and need modern jumpers all you want...Freo and Port went traditional and their jumpers have never looked better.

Maybe GWS to have All Orange with a thick Black Sash...or even better.....an "X"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bring back this!
20235showing.jpg
I was sure at the beginning that this would end up being their home guernsey. The only thing that I didn't like about it was how it linked up on the side.

I was sure at the beginning that this would end up being their home guernsey. The only thing that I didn't like about it was how it linked up on the side.
I was more hoping, but agreed with the joining up at the side. It is a tough design to join perfectly haha.

Bring back this!
20235showing.jpg

Nope. Thats shithouse, and not befitting of a footy jumper.

That jumper is basically the same principal as the Crows' first white clash jumper. A curvy bit up the side with a logo in the middle, just stylised differently. And much like the Crows one, its s**t.

It's probably only tolerable if you put Sydney in white shorts with their home guernsey yet the AFL haven't done that in 17 years and they won't be doing it any time soon
Or give Sydney a white back clash version of the home?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back