List Mgmt. 2016 Hypothetical draft, trade and free agency thread

what to do with Pick 10?

• continue trying to trade with GCS for JOM?

Votes: 26 66.7%
  • draft a youngster

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Rockliff

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Hartlett

Votes: 2 5.1%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only if Fyfe and Rance were coming along with a couple of Sydney lads that used to wear brown n gold.

There are certain players who, over my many years of following the Hawks I would consider 'are Hawthorn,' and Cyril and Rough fall into that category. By saying this I am inferring that I could never see them playing for an opposition club. Over the years a few have disappointed me, going back to who, from memory, was my very first favourite player, Colin Austen, and he went to Richmond.

There are certain players who, over my many years of following the Hawks I would consider 'are Hawthorn,' and Cyril and Rough fall into that category. By saying this I am inferring that I could never see them playing for an opposition club. Over the years a few have disappointed me, going back to who, from memory, was my very first favourite player, Colin Austen, and he went to Richmond.

That HAWK plastered across Cyril's chest says a lot about how he feels about our great club. He will never leave us... and should retire whenever he feels like it

That HAWK plastered across Cyril's chest says a lot about how he feels about our great club. He will never leave us... and should retire whenever he feels like it
There was debate here a while ago as to whether Cyrils tattoo was a hawk or an eagle,
and in one of my favorite posts ever someone replied.
"Whichever it is it's certainly not a ******* swan"

Our best chance to win another flag with this group is going to be next year.

Too many want to throw the baby out with the bath water.

We missed a home prelim by a kick.

We are potentially adding 2 a graders and a solid role player and hopefully getting our most important player back for finals.

We also have possibly the best coach the game has ever seen who will reinvent us again.

Trading guys like Breust and Birchall is madness and not needed.

If Breust leaves as a FA next year so be it we'll get a comp pick and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Birch is not cooked, he had like one below average game against Geelong, was pretty good against doggies I thought. We only notice the mistakes because usually he's Mr. Reliable with his disposal. I'll back him in to have another consistent year in 2017. Seems too young to drop off physically, unless he's carrying something or playing with pain (like Cooney did)

Nice deflection, I thought the last page was Tige19 bashing because we take things so literally and not in the context as it was meant.

As for Birch, I call for an adjournment.

Haha brilliant.. People get so wound up about their boys in brown and gold, when you present a pov that's so far removed from theirs they struggle to deal with it. I know how they feel, I feel that way game day when I see Birch take half an hour to drop the ball to his foot or BB jump half a cm off the ground.

We all love the Hawks, we show our passion in different ways, it's just sad when people play the man and not the ball in here, that's the biggest sign of ones weakness.

So for what it's worth, Steveo recons Breust is very getable for GC17. This could be true and doesn't really matter if he was told last week or not.

So does Breust work as a direct swap for JOM? Or do we need to throw in Hartung and they throw in one of their second around picks in the 20s?

So for what it's worth, Steveo recons Breust is very getable for GC17. This could be true and doesn't really matter if he was told last week or not.

So does Breust work as a direct swap for JOM? Or do we need to throw in Hartung and they throw in one of their second around picks in the 20s?

Fairest thing I've seen is Bruest + 14 for O'Meara + 8. Straight swap for an elite small forward, for an extremely talented but no guarantee of ever being the same midfielder, would be a massive win for Gold Coast regardless of what neutral supporters think.

Alternatively we recieve a reasonably early second round pick without trading our first pick (ala Pick 22). We need to go hard at this draft. This draft is seriously talented, the top 30 is filled with kids that could be gems. Players like Jordan Galluci, Willem Drew and Patrick Kerr are all extremely talented kids that will slide. Hell even Todd Marshall may fall to Pick 15 and he's exactly the tall forward we need.

It does matter if he was told last week.

As a club, we reserve the right to make brutal list management decisions, and we need to make them to ensure we continue to evolve and to be competitive.

As a club though we have a responsibility to the players on our list to treat them to develop them to the best of our ability both as football players and young men in our society. From all reports I believe our club does this as well as any club, just google how our board review how each player on our list is travelling each month at each meeting as an example.

It would be very wrong to put Breust's name up for trade whilst our season was alive. If this was done, I'd be disgusted in our club. But once the playing season is over, it is time to make those brutal list management decisions. If our club decides we have 3 elite small forwards, and one of those is on a back ended contract and is also due to be a FA with little indication of signing soon, and can also go a long way to securing the midfielder of a generation (an area of the ground where we need talent desperately), then it is their right and obligation to do so. As long as it is all done above board and in a way that is respectful to the player who has provided many years of quality service to our success and with the intention of doing what is best for our great club.

It does matter if he was told last week.

As a club, we reserve the right to make brutal list management decisions, and we need to make them to ensure we continue to evolve and to be competitive.

As a club though we have a responsibility to the players on our list to treat them to develop them to the best of our ability both as football players and young men in our society. From all reports I believe our club does this as well as any club, just google how our board review how each player on our list is travelling each month at each meeting as an example.

It would be very wrong to put Breust's name up for trade whilst our season was alive. If this was done, I'd be disgusted in our club. But once the playing season is over, it is time to make those brutal list management decisions. If our club decides we have 3 elite small forwards, and one of those is on a back ended contract and is also due to be a FA with little indication of signing soon, and can also go a long way to securing the midfielder of a generation (an area of the ground where we need talent desperately), then it is their right and obligation to do so. As long as it is all done above board and in a way that is respectful to the player who has provided many years of quality service to our success and with the intention of doing what is best for our great club.
Yeah, I know what you're saying. But what I'm saying is that he may well have not been told last week and the media talk was all rubbish. But he may have been told since, so at the end of the day, he cold be potential trade bait either way.

The problem is that if our medicos have cleared omeara, they must think they can get him back to his best. This means we have to pay what he was worth 2years ago..... Which unfortunately would be Breust....at least
No we don't think that at all we think we can get him on the park and playing again wink wink

The problem is that if our medicos have cleared omeara, they must think they can get him back to his best. This means we have to pay what he was worth 2years ago..... Which unfortunately would be Breust....at least
IMO it doesn't work like that, have a look at Morobitio (not sure of the spelling) he was awesome his first year, some say better than Fyfe now if he was up for trade and not delisted would you be happy to trade breust for him? 2 years out of football has to have some kind off affect trade wise, like a lot of people are saying he COULD be the next big thing but I wouldn't want the Hawks trading Breust alone for COULD be. Treading Breust IMO is fine as long as it benefits Hawthorn outright!

No JOM is out of contract and can walk to the PSD for free so GC can not expect full value, If they wanted full value they should have traded him after 2015 when he had a season left to run on his contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back