Preview 2016 Grand Final: Sydney Swans vs Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seriously hope we rip their ******* heads off if they do it
There's no red card rule in the AFL. If they want to duck for free kicks, you might as well whack the absolute s**t out of them while they do it

Not sure we play well doing that. We dont seem to have players with mongrel. We are better tackling in packs

Dont have to go punch them or all stevie j

Just crack in hard, eg rohan came smashing in v the cats

Make them worried when they get a touch

Dont have to go punch them or all stevie j

Just crack in hard, eg rohan came smashing in v the cats

Make them worried when they get a touch

Hard but fair.

If going for a tackle. Make it a crunching one. No easy possessions. Nose to the grindstone.

There's no red card rule in the AFL. If they want to duck for free kicks, you might as well whack the absolute s**t out of them while they do it

I actually think that it is strange the Law 20 (ORDER OFF LAW) in the AFL rule book is applicable to all leagues other then the AFL.

I think thats exactly how we will start off thats when you know we are really on.

And if your star 10 million dollar player gets smacked into or abused, get in there and help him

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Set the tone early ffs , just like the Hawks did in 14 and went after hanners etc

Set the tone and put fear in them all

glory be it go after them
This. It's obviously something we've learnt from Hawthorn. Shock and awe in the first ten minutes. Bury them on the scoreboard early and then control the tempo of the game after that for the win. We did it against Adelaide and Geelong and we'll take it up hard to the Doggies at the start.

We shouldn't panic if McVeigh is named. He's one player and yeah he's soft and slow but one player will not lose us this game so long as he performs his role. Besides, he'd only be replacing Laidler or Marsh who haven't exactly been better than McVeigh. I just want Aliir to get up for this game more than anything

We could start exactly as we did the last two weeks but they may counter it better than the other opponents and a 50/50 and suddenly we are a couple behind. It's then how we respond, we better have a plan B ready in possession football if they get a jump. Our panic football can lead to massive inefficiency.

Hope we are not overly focused on roughing them up but rather banging in like we did the last few weeks with intent to keep the footy inside until we can smash it forward. GWS and the Bulldogs played a pretty intense first five minutes far and beyond Adelaide and Geelong we have to be ready for a different start to this game.

Hoping the dogs have over celebrated but they are a unique bunch that believe and they are dangerous.

Our best is good enough to take them and we must bring it with zero passengers.

I wonder if contract concerns was the reason for his poor form this season. He seemed to check out mid year and play like he didn't really care.

Since then he has made a decision to go out fighting and is having a huge impact.

So 2 weeks ago after gws?

We could start exactly as we did the last two weeks but they may counter it better than the other opponents and a 50/50 and suddenly we are a couple behind. It's then how we respond, we better have a plan B ready in possession football if they get a jump. Our panic football can lead to massive inefficiency.

Hope we are not overly focused on roughing them up but rather banging in like we did the last few weeks with intent to keep the footy inside until we can smash it forward. GWS and the Bulldogs played a pretty intense first five minutes far and beyond Adelaide and Geelong we have to be ready for a different start to this game.

Hoping the dogs have over celebrated but they are a unique bunch that believe and they are dangerous.

Our best is good enough to take them and we must bring it with zero passengers.
I agree with that we can't let them play that high possession game that we struggle with at times ala Hawks , Tigers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back