Recommitted Jordan de Goey [re-signed]

Remove this Banner Ad

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
There has been a few murmurs of something involving De Goey but I'm sure it's unlikely as his contracted and he looks a fine player for the pies.

From a Saints perspective I would think about offering pick 10 for the midfielder as he is probably better than what is available at that spot in the draft.

he has, according to our board already tweeted he is staying. and he will be a required player.
but who knows in the future

Would trade Hartlett for him. We would probably need to add steak knives though.

Do Pies need experienced heads? That'd be the only reason they'd take that kind of deal, to be fair.

Would trade Hartlett for him. We would probably need to add steak knives though.

Do Pies need experienced heads? That'd be the only reason they'd take that kind of deal, to be fair.
I personally would do it. We have plenty of those contested mids but we are lacking someone who can play HB who uses the ball really well. Unfortunately the risk is he is injury prone.
Most wouldnt as DeGoey is obviously a real talent but i think you need to give up something to get something and it would be a fair trade both ways.

If Collingwood are shopping him around clearly there are issues other than his football.
Rumours are he's a party boy, but if we've been willing to put up with Swan, Sidebottom, and lowly players like Oxley doing the same thing, I doubt that we'd single JDG out.

As has already been said, he's said he's staying, his manager has said he's staying, and apparently he's already back in the gym preparing for next year. Can't see us moving him on.

I personally would do it. We have plenty of those contested mids but we are lacking someone who can play HB who uses the ball really well. Unfortunately the risk is he is injury prone.
Most wouldnt as DeGoey is obviously a real talent but i think you need to give up something to get something and it would be a fair trade both ways.
No way. Hartlett plays a position we're already overstocked in, and our new generation of HB's look like they have good disposal. Would only consider moving him for a genuinely good key forward prospect.

Is there really off field issues that would drive the club to trade him?
So what he likes a drink in the city every now and then, quite afew of the youngest guys do

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His first season more than justified a pick 5. He was dominating clearances, tackles and had a similar contested:uncontested ratio as Patrick Cripps.

This season even though his production increased after playing a full season as a half forward, his impact wasn't as high as he was clearly played out of his ideal position.

Trading De Goey for any pick outside of the top 5 is honestly just atrocious management. Even a top 5 pick will mean we have wasted 2 years of development and that our finals surge will be pushed back further. At the end of last year it really looked like we nailed the De Goey pick like we got a steal with Pendlebury at pick 5.

The only possible reason why shopping De Goey may be profitable or beneficial in the long term is for a Key position player like Wright, Lever, although that seems very difficult.

Trading De Goey for a pick outside of the top 5 will also mean we have lost on the Beams trade.

Would definitely take at the Blues. Looks like once he gets a more full time go in the guts he won't be easily dislodged. As mentioned, only reason Pies would entertain moving him would be for a home-run KPP player to beef up their spine, or due to off-field stuff (but you'd have to think they'd have a looooooooot of patience for off-field matters given his talent, and the other rascals they've had over the years).

de goey is ridiculously strong, he'll probably end up one of the better inside mids in the AFL when he works up a fitness base imo. This season was disappointing only because of the standards he set in 2015. He'd have to be untouchable, and there has been no serious indication that he's looking to go elsewhere.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back