Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

Go back and watch James Sellar's U16s and U18s highlights compilation.

One name sprung to mind - W. Carey.

How'd that turn out?

Let's just see what happens.
That's like comparing a Lamborghini to a beat up Commodore that's been left unattended in Elizabeth for 6 months.

Looks good. Moves well, tackles hard, is visibly searching for options as he gathers the ball.

My knock: his kicks, whilst accurate, have too much height. They will have to work on that.

Welcome Jordan! I hope you do well at the AFC!!

From: http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/...fl-draft-wrap-jordan-gallucci-showcases-class

Firstly, Gallucci has a masterful ability to lower his eyes, immediately find a good target over a short or medium distance and hit them by foot, lace out, where they want it. A natural right-footer, his passes by foot feel Sam Mitchell-esque. The midfielder excels in lowering his eyes, making a quick decision and hitting his intended target off one or two steps.

This ability was impressive around the ground but even more so at stoppages under pressure, when he remained composed and executed well, regardless of the pressure he was under. On several occasions from centre bounces throughout the game, Gallucci would receive the ball by hand, lower his eyes, spot a good target and hit a 15-40m kick cleanly from the stoppage, setting up a shot at goal. He just weights his passes perfectly - gently putting it out in front of his intended targets and seemingly never missing.

Gallucci's second signature play which proved every bit as eye-catching at the weekend is his ability to burst away from stoppages at speed. On several different occasions throughout the match Gallucci explosively burst away and left everyone else in his wake and would then go on to deliver a clean kick to a target up the field.

Also impressive is Gallucci's leadership. Once after an Eastern goal in the second quarter, Gallucci ran 35m to one of his team-mates to offer a hand slap of encouragement before going back to the centre for the next bounce. It's those small acts that are most appreciated and team lifting and it's terrific to see Gallucci at such a young age display that.
Wow, how exciting does this sound.

agreed, but it doesn't feel like a Lever selection.

Berry's gone to Brisbane though so maybe the strategy is to trade him in a couple of years down the track.
Can someone explain the hype for Berry? He's a flanker which is something we seemingly have more than enough of already

Can someone explain the hype for Berry? He's a flanker which is something we seemingly have more than enough of already
based on the stuff I've seen he's Lever future captain material, guys like that are very pickable.

could easily go through the middle with some development under the belt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gee Dub you conflicted? :p

I rate him very highly so glad he went a bit earlier than he was talked about going over the last few weeks. I will say I was quite annoyed that you (of all clubs) took him right before us but I think Port had their hearts set on Marshall all along so I think I'd have been annoyed at whatever happened.

He has a terrible haircut and it makes his head look square, which is what makes you guys think of Douglas.
He needs to cut it short, and he'll look more like smithers.

My concern is that he's a vanilla mid, and supposedly with his elite kicking I don't see it in the vids.
My happiness is that they say he's got great vision and great skills in close and can feed it out really well.

I choose to believe the media cos I know * all from 2 youtube videos.

CyGPnkvUAAAtyTO.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back