Welcome Welcome National Draft Pick #13 - Jordan Gallucci

Remove this Banner Ad

based on the stuff I've seen he's Lever future captain material, guys like that are very pickable.

could easily go through the middle with some development under the belt.

He might be pickable, but he would have done little to cover our midfield dearth.

He's another Brodie Smith and while I am sure he will be a great player there was no way that we were not going to take a genuine mid at our pick.

I have a feeling that it was between Gallucci and Venables at our first pick. West Coast taking Venables ended up making the decision for us as to which one we would take.

He might be pickable, but he would have done little to cover our midfield dearth.

He's another Brodie Smith and while I am sure he will be a great player there was no way that we were not going to take a genuine mid at our pick.

I have a feeling that it was between Gallucci and Venables at our first pick. West Coast taking Venables ended up making the decision for us as to which one we would take.

We bid on perryman who's a defender

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone explain the hype for Berry? He's a flanker which is something we seemingly have more than enough of already
Our poster Bicks hyped him up so much as an aggresive midfielder .....when in fact he will be a HBF at AFL level

My view was i was neither elated or upset with the pick .......my only concern was yet another 180cm player (is it 180 or 183?) ......midfield is all one height and body shape :(

This was somewhat appeased with the selection of the "Bull" Poholke .....we do how ever need either Greenwood or CEY to standup this season

Gallucci provides that breakaway speed from the contest that we currently lack ......that's probably why Betts was tried on the odd occasion in the centre square

So missed Venables / Brody ......and the club preferred the known midfielder Gallucci over the unknown midfielder Hayward

My view was i was neither elated or upset with the pick .......my only concern was yet another 180cm player (is it 180 or 183?) ......midfield is all one height and body shape :(

This was somewhat appeased with the selection of the "Bull" Poholke .....we do how ever need either Greenwood or CEY to standup this season

Gallucci provides that breakaway speed from the contest that we currently lack ......that's probably why Betts was tried on the odd occasion in the centre square

So missed Venables / Brody ......and the club preferred the known midfielder Gallucci over the unknown midfielder Hayward

yeah this is a concern I have. Not so much for Gallucci only being 180cm, but we still dont have a stand out tall midfielder.

Watching the draft though, most of the guys labelled mids were around that 184-187cm mark. There were a lot of them, but few mids around the 190+cm mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back