Game Day Swans board draft night live discussion

Which of our draftees will play the most senior games for us?

• Oliver Florent

• Will Hayward

• Darcy Cameron

• Jack Maibaum

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

So with bids for academy players by North Melbourne, Essendon and Carlton not being matched does this mean the academy bullshit will stop for a while?

So with bids for academy players by North Melbourne, Essendon and Carlton not being matched does this mean the academy bullshit will stop for a while?
We certainly won't hear about it because it benefited Vic club. I'm sure when the issue gets raised again they people will conveniently forget these little facts though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinnear Beatson on our draftees:

Selection No.11 – Oliver Florent:
"He's got the ability to play as a hybrid mid that can rotate through as an inside onballer, and he can also play as a half forward who kicks goals."

Selection No.20 – Will Hayward: "Will came on really well late in the year, and his finals series for North Adelaide in the under 18's was quite spectacular as a medium forward. We challenged him in an interview during the year about his endurance and we were pleased to hear that as soon as he left he'd organised a personal trainer. It told us how much he wanted to be drafted."

Selection No.45 – Jack Maibaum: "We wanted to bolster our key position stocks, which is why we took Jack. He can play at both ends of the ground but was named All Australian for Vic Metro this year as a defender, and we're really pleased with the way he goes about it."

Selection No.48 – Darcy Cameron: "With Toby (Nankervis) going to Richmond, we were keen to get a tall player in who could play ruck and forward, and like a lot of ruckman, he's taken a while to come along, but I think the change out of Western Australia will be good for him."

Parasites, joke of a footy club.
Why on earth would you say that a club who made bids on academy players are "parasites"? That is exactly what they should be doing or do you believe GWS etc should pay nothing for all their academy players. Considering that we made bids on academy players are you saying we are parasites?
A bid should have come on Bowes before we were forced to do it.
I am not happy with our selection of Florent at 11. There was a reasonable chance he would have still been there at our next pick. Would have much preferred Simkin but then again Beatson is trying to maintain his 0% success rate with his first draft pick.

Kinnear Beatson on our draftees:

Selection No.11 – Oliver Florent:
"He's got the ability to play as a hybrid mid that can rotate through as an inside onballer, and he can also play as a half forward who kicks goals."

Selection No.20 – Will Hayward: "Will came on really well late in the year, and his finals series for North Adelaide in the under 18's was quite spectacular as a medium forward. We challenged him in an interview during the year about his endurance and we were pleased to hear that as soon as he left he'd organised a personal trainer. It told us how much he wanted to be drafted."

Selection No.45 – Jack Maibaum: "We wanted to bolster our key position stocks, which is why we took Jack. He can play at both ends of the ground but was named All Australian for Vic Metro this year as a defender, and we're really pleased with the way he goes about it."

Selection No.48 – Darcy Cameron: "With Toby (Nankervis) going to Richmond, we were keen to get a tall player in who could play ruck and forward, and like a lot of ruckman, he's taken a while to come along, but I think the change out of Western Australia will be good for him."

A very good draft from our 4 picks. I think we nailed 11 & 20, although Simpkin over Florent seemed like a no brainer. Will Hayward @ 20 was a great pick. Maibaum & Cameron addressed list needs and think that they are really good picks for our list depth.

Personally I would have taken L. Ryan over Maibaum, but I can't really fault this draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back