Unpopular Musical Opinions

Remove this Banner Ad

A 1975 concert got replayed a couple of times but they really were the ultimate glam rock (apologies kiss)

Not recycled country or rock n roll with outrageous fashion

Glam rock

I class them as prog rock. Glam rock to me = Bowie (Ziggy era) and T.Rex. Queen's music was more sophisticated than glam. Their catalogue is quite diverse though and contained elements of a number of styles.

The 90's was probably the worst decade for music in the last 60 years. There was a lot of good stuff but it was far outweighed by cringey rap, hip-hop and pop music.

Bruce Springsteen's music is trash. He has a great voice but the music he put it with was terrible with a few exceptions (Born in the USA is terrific)

(going to copy and paste my post on the General Discussion board)
Pink Floyd were a dull and boring band - I've tried hard to listen to them and enjoy it so I can include them in my 60's/70's British rock group but I just can't.

Excellent adherence to thread subject.

The 90's was probably the worst decade for music in the last 60 years. There was a lot of good stuff but it was far outweighed by cringey rap, hip-hop and pop music.

Bruce Springsteen's music is trash. He has a great voice but the music he put it with was terrible with a few exceptions (Born in the USA is terrific)

(going to copy and paste my post on the General Discussion board)
Pink Floyd were a dull and boring band - I've tried hard to listen to them and enjoy it so I can include them in my 60's/70's British rock group but I just can't.

You are aware the punk rock movement called them 'boring old farts'? I think YES was singled out as the worst

I really can't be bothered with '70s American rock bands (Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, Journey etc). Think it's one of the least interesting 'eras' in music.
Journey is the only one there that's actually American, unless you mean 70s rock bands in general.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad it's not just me.

I've got plenty of mates and ex-band mates who carry on about Pink Floyd, but they just never did anything for me.

Flume too.
Always said this. His first album sounded so paper thin (is Paper Thin his new single?) and it showed the guy isn't a natural musician. His production sounded tinny and terrible, like it was ripped from illegal software. Add to that it was essentially chillwave for an Australian generation essentially obsessed with substance abuse, too bored to spend their fruitless life to even find out who Toro Y Moi is. Flume is such a fraud. It depresses me.

Even more insulting is how he pulled this beauty:
dsc7965ed.jpg

5120375bf9d046774850ef81db2cb201.jpg

tumblr_nabtf3KMvG1qf0nnvo1_500.jpg

Chet Faker is another. I listen to his songs and for a 'producer' his music just sounds woeful – you hear these songs and they sound so empty and plastic, these snare drums that sound like a plug-in I could for a free iPhone app, mumbly vocals where literally every song is about a girl and kissing her knees or something absurd, guitars that are quite clearly played for like the tenth time ever... it's shocking and shows how unmusical like these people are. I mean Four Tet and even guys I don't get into like Aphex Twin are quite clearly very musically gifted and have an idea on how to play a song, they get this stuff or stuff and they understand it – they could pick out a guitar tune or a sample from a few seconds, they know melody and can think about the complexities of a song with barely any intent or whatever. Then you get Chet Faker who has no ear for melody except by mistake, can't play guitar, can't come up with piano melodies.

Last edited:
Glad it's not just me.

I've got plenty of mates and ex-band mates who carry on about Pink Floyd, but they just never did anything for me.
Wish You Were Here is an incredible song, one of the best I've ever heard. Another Brick In the Wall is very good and I do like Money, apart from those few they don't do much for me. Some sources will slot them in the top five all-time best acts; I just don't get the hype.

Wish You Were Here is an incredible song, one of the best I've ever heard. Another Brick In the Wall is very good and I do like Money, apart from those few they don't do much for me. Some sources will slot them in the top five all-time best acts; I just don't get the hype.
Glad to see you rate what still gets radio play. Wish you were here is probably the least evocative of the 5 songs on it's album imo.
Their intelligent lyrics and motives (for the most part) on top of truly progressive sounds force me to rate them highly.

Glad to see you rate what still gets radio play. Wish you were here is probably the least evocative of the 5 songs on it's album imo.
Their intelligent lyrics and motives (for the most part) on top of truly progressive sounds force me to rate them highly.
Toss me a song and I'll give it a whirl

Hate on Pink Floyd all you want but from 1973-79 they recorded dark side of the moon, wish you were here, animals and the wall.

Not many other bands in the history of music have produced that kind of quality all in a row.

and yeah i have not liked anything Flume has done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back