Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like captains snub fyfe in brownlow predictions yet someone voted Rory Sloane ,with all respect to Mr Sloane he's a fantastic player but if he won the brownlow I might as well just start watching womans cricket ....he's no freak. F@#k me days

That someone is possibly our captain. When Fyfe won the AFLPA MVP in 2014 he was asked who he voted for and his answer was Sloane.

From what i heard (was in and out of spraybooth) just general chit chat, like comparing how many kids/ siblings they have and apparently Pav was the only one to say "Peter" when callng for the ball

Sloanes a good player but he ain't the best player in the comp, its like when priddis won won charlie what a joke. Does Sloane or priddis dance through traffic, shrug more than one tackler, take a speccy or kick a freakish major? No I don't even notice those players accumulating.with all respect to those 2 young men thier not the cream rather the layer cake

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks for that Clem.Exceptional interview I reckon,good on MD for conducting a thoughtful one.
Those big man injuries sound serious.
Such a unit that coach of ours!!
How's: " He is high-end Harley, he is in pretty good nick really. If you see him now, round the mounting yard or the saleyard, he is a group one special."
Overall a really candid insight into the state of the club.
Pretty healthy I'd say,and in good hands.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl/ross-lyon-qa---extended-edition-ng-b88419049z

Q and A with Lyon. This version is longer than in today's newspaper.
Mark Duffield's extended interview with Ross last year was the best bit of sports journalism I'd read in a long time, been looking forward to this years follow up.
It's a real stark contrast to how he deals with dumb media. You can tell that Duffield engages with Ross at an intellectual level that isn't insulting to him and the consumers of the media. That he has spent the time building a rapport with Ross which allows Ross to feel comfortable sharing real insights into he world.
As opposed to his, admittedly hilarious, post game press conferences in which he is repeatedly asked the same dumb, irrelevant questions game after game sometimes multiple times in the one conference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back