Toast Crows partner with China Southern Airlines, "the biggest air carrier in Asia"

Remove this Banner Ad

Damn China. Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.

Damn China. Do you realize that in addition to fluoridating water, why, there are studies underway to fluoridate salt, flour, fruit juices, soup, sugar, milk... ice cream. A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works.
Damn that's some random stuff there... been out on the grog tonight?

YVwP1UF.gif
So perfect lol

Picture this: port power get beaten by 3 points in shanghai by the Suns who have a parochial following from the locals due to their bright red strip. Devastated Port power fans jump on a "scraps" China Southern plane to head home. The safety briefing comes up on the tv screens and it's Tex and Sloaney telling the puffers how to perform the emergency brace position.

Picture this: port power get beaten by 3 points in shanghai by the Suns who have a parochial following from the locals due to their bright red strip. Devastated Port power fans jump on a "scraps" China Southern plane to head home. The safety briefing comes up on the tv screens and it's Tex and Sloaney telling the puffers how to perform the emergency brace position.
' and for youse Power galoots stretch a bit further and kiss your .... goodbye''

would you rather cash in hand to support your business or "investment" in a foreign region?

The club is holding an event for 5 vetted companies who require investment of $1m+ to pitch to Chinese investors who have in excess of $100m to spend, of which 4% of any money goes to Port Adelaide as an 'introduction' fee. That's the model of facilitating investment that will bring Chinese and Australian businesses together.

We're just about to announce two major sponsors from China in the next week or so.

The Gala Dinner @ $600 a pop is sold out.

5000 VIP guests @ $600 a pop will be attending the game, 2000 of which are Chinese nationals. Plus the 6000 tickets that were sold to others.

20 businesses are invested in the China Power Club @ $10k a pop with more on the horizon (including mine).

So we're fine with how we're going in regards to cash in hand, thanks very much.

When Cathay was selected by Port Adelaide back in November (it was announced in December), it was done with a view to reinvest money back into China to facilitate business opportunities like the ones I mention. China Southern didn't want to help us build relationships back in China - they just wanted us to help them with the South Australian market. It's disappointing that they chose to disclose confidential information about the particulars of our deal with Cathay (which we would have told them in negotiations) to your club just so Chapman could talk about how the Adelaide deal had 'more real money'. Which is good for you guys I guess, but since we're actually playing a match in China, our deal is better because it suits our needs more.

I would say that's the reason why Andrew Hunter tweeted what he did - a company or club trying to 'one up' us by talking about how they got a 'better' deal is extremely petty, as is the reporting of it by the media in this state. It's not a competition, because we're not even in the same game. Ours involves the Premier of China and the Prime Minister of Australia visiting our rooms before the game against Sydney (they didn't go to the Sydney rooms), along with key representatives from Cathay Pacific. Yours involves Claude the Crow.

Congratulations on the sponsor :)

I would say that's the reason why Andrew Hunter tweeted what he did - a company or club trying to 'one up' us by talking about how they got a 'better' deal is extremely petty, as is the reporting of it by the media in this state.
This is the kind of attitude that excuses banana girl. Its not Hunters fault he tweeted what he did, its Adelaides fault for getting a better deal and publicizing it.

*shakes head

The club is holding an event for 5 vetted companies who require investment of $1m+ to pitch to Chinese investors who have in excess of $100m to spend, of which 4% of any money goes to Port Adelaide as an 'introduction' fee. That's the model of facilitating investment that will bring Chinese and Australian businesses together.

We're just about to announce two major sponsors from China in the next week or so.

5000 VIP guests @ $600 a pop will be attending the game, 2000 of which are Chinese nationals. Plus the 6000 tickets that were sold to others.

20 businesses are invested in the China Power Club @ $10k a pop with more on the horizon (including mine).

So we're fine with how we're going in regards to cash in hand, thanks very much.

When Cathay was selected by Port Adelaide back in November (it was announced in December), it was done with a view to reinvest money back into China to facilitate business opportunities like the ones I mention. China Southern didn't want to help us build relationships back in China - they just wanted us to help them with the South Australian market. It's disappointing that they chose to disclose confidential information about the particulars of our deal with Cathay (which we would have told them in negotiations) to your club just so Chapman could talk about how the Adelaide deal had 'more real money'. Which is good for you guys I guess, but since we're actually playing a match in China, our deal is better because it suits our needs more.

I would say that's the reason why Andrew Hunter tweeted what he did - a company or club trying to 'one up' us by talking about how they got a 'better' deal is extremely petty, as is the reporting of it by the media in this state. It's not a competition, because we're not even in the same game. Ours involves the Premier of China and the Prime Minister of Australia visiting our rooms before the game against Sydney (they didn't go to the Sydney rooms), along with key representatives from Cathay Pacific. Yours involves Claude the Crow.

That's a pretty picture you paint. Let's hope it finally stops the need for charity donations from the AFL.

Good luck as if you can pull it off, it will help us with less equalisation payments.

Um.

Reference I'm not getting, I assume?

Edit: ^^^ Oh.

This is the kind of attitude that excuses banana girl. Its not Hunters fault he tweeted what he did, its Adelaides fault for getting a better deal and publicizing it.

*shakes head

I've never seen anyone in business go public with confidential negotiations from a rival bidder. Of what concern is it to Adelaide if their deal has more or less of a cash component than ours? Why did China Southern even tell them the details of what our deal with Cathay was? Why wait until Cathay had announced a new permanent flight for Adelaide - which wasn't given the coverage it deserved in the media?

Petty as heck.

And you didn't get a better deal. Our deal is better than yours (and worth far more) for what we want to achieve, because we have more use of contra like air travel since we are flying staff to and from China all the time. Plus, the kind of people we are dealing with - high rollers - are more disposed to Cathay than China Southern.

I've never seen anyone in business go public with confidential negotiations from a rival bidder. Of what concern is it to Adelaide if their deal has more or less of a cash component than ours? Why did China Southern even tell them the details of what our deal with Cathay was? Why wait until Cathay had announced a new permanent flight for Adelaide - which wasn't given the coverage it deserved in the media?

Petty as ****.

And you didn't get a better deal. Our deal is better than yours (and worth far more) for what we want to achieve, because we have more use of contra like air travel since we are flying staff to and from China all the time. Plus, the kind of people we are dealing with - high rollers - are more disposed to Cathay than China Southern.
Do you condone the tweet by Andrew Hunter. Yes or no

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Then post the figures

I asked a series of questions that no-one has taken the challenge to answer. Putting both deals side by side what are the basic terms and cash in , contra etc.

Length of sponsorship
Amount actually going into club
Benefits
Reciprocal arrangements
Long Term Forecast

Petty as ****.

Do you realise how much of a flog you come across as?

Did I miss something here (being serous here)? Did our club or CSA come out and say anything about Cathay? Or just the Port Power china manager in his tweet?
The only mention of Cathay was by David Koch
Port Power chairman David Koch was adamant the CSA deal had not stolen his club’s thunder ahead of the Shanghai sortie.

“It’s terrific that AFL clubs are getting different sponsorships. We already have an airline partner internationally (Cathay Pacific) that fits not only with Port Adelaide locally but also with our China expansion plans and CSA were not interested in the China side,” Mr Koch said.

Port announced Cathay Pacific as a new premier partner and official international airline in December.

Cathay Pacific earlier this week announced it will add a further weekly flight from Adelaide to Hong Kong.

Petty as ****.

'Nah nah nah nah our deal is better than yours'. Who you calling petty J.Anus?

'Nah nah nah nah our deal is better than yours'. Who you calling petty J.Anus?

I said it was better for what we wanted to do, which is engage with China. Yours is better for what you want to do, which is a more traditional sponsorship model.

Ha ha let's see shall we?

Sounds like a glorified Tupperware party

About to? Always about to

Will they be giving you cash this time?

Actually you're not. Most of those seas will be comps and discounts I'm betting

So exactly as worthless as me surmised then. Good to know

He did it because he's a silly fellow

Thanks. Hard cash is pretty cool.

Enjoy your monorail

Is jANUS here again....
Seriously, why must you try and negate everything you hear and see?
We won get over it. Change your s**t avatars and leave your praise for our awesome club and piss off to your own negative s**t stains board.
Looking forward to seeing Kock ring my number for the cash cow

Mondays password is anus. I can't lose

Petty as ****.

Your maths is rubbish.

Even your best case scenario gives you less cash than us, if you bothered to add it up

And the reason you're boasting about investment is that they won't give you any cash

Contras are always easier than cash.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back