List Mgmt. Fyfe to Adelaide..wild rumour.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bringing up the Wells trade isn't exactly a great way to build an argument in favour of going after older players :p
True, still can't believe they did it, but when fit is turned north into a winning team. Still plenty of time for Collingwood to come out on top of that trade

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Fyfe will either stay in Perth or most likely go to Melbourne next year imo. Either St Kilda, Melbourne or the Hawks would probably be the best fit if he is looking to chase a premiership and increase sponsorship deals.

Fyfe will either stay in Perth or most likely go to Melbourne next year imo. Either St Kilda, Melbourne or the Hawks would probably be the best fit if he is looking to chase a premiership and increase sponsorship deals.

I think he will go to a Melbourne club as an RFA. I think Ablett will also be traded back to a Melbourne club, not necessarily Geelong. I think Dusty will stay at Richmond and I think Rocky will move, but not necessarily to Melbourne. I think at least one of those GWS players will move as well. Depending on the player, most likely to a Melbourne club.

im thinking they will def want our first which is hopefully 18 but should be anywhere from 13-18. Crows will want some change back I think any trade oils include pick swaps such as our first and second (let's say 16 + 34) for Gibbs and their second (say about 20)
Carlton already gave away this year's 2nd Rounder

Not sure why many are suggesting that Ablett is off to the Cats & Fyfe off to the Hawks... As both of these clubs lack 1st round picks they have already traded away...
Fyfe is a free agent so you don't need any draft picks, just a whole lot of money.

Ablett isn't worth a first round pick anymore based on his age and what he's shown so far this year.

Fyfe is a free agent so you don't need any draft picks, just a whole lot of money.

Ablett isn't worth a first round pick anymore based on his age and what he's shown so far this year.
Fyfe is a restricted free agent, so depending where Freo finish, they may match any offer.

The cats need to trade in a 2nd 1st rounder, so they have nothing to trade Ablett for.

Fyfe is a restricted free agent, so depending where Freo finish, they may match any offer.

The cats need to trade in a 2nd 1st rounder, so they have nothing to trade Ablett for.

Geez on the open market Fyfe is easily worth $1.2m per year. He should be demanding that from Freo. Which will be ironic as that kind of salary could potentially derail their chances of acquiring the talent they need to climb into the 8, which is what Fyfe wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Suns dont want him they will give up Ablett for nothing. The sticking point will be who will pay his $1m salary. If Geelong are willing to pay it all then there could be a deal. If Geelong are expecting Suns to pay some of that then draft picks (that currently dont exist) would need to be traded.

Freo wont match the offer. If they cant get him to agree an extension they will take the compo pick rather than matching. They might still try to negotiate a trade first but their compo pick will likely be better than any club can offer.

Geez on the open market Fyfe is easily worth $1.2m per year. He should be demanding that from Freo. Which will be ironic as that kind of salary could potentially derail their chances of acquiring the talent they need to climb into the 8, which is what Fyfe wants.

Any club that pays him $1.2m for 4 or 5 wont win a premiership. Wont have enough supporting players of adequate quality. He might as well stay if he wants that much money.

If Suns dont want him they will give up Ablett for nothing. The sticking point will be who will pay his $1m salary. If Geelong are willing to pay it all then there could be a deal. If Geelong are expecting Suns to pay some of that then draft picks (that currently dont exist) would need to be traded.

Freo wont match the offer. If they cant get him to agree an extension they will take the compo pick rather than matching. They might still try to negotiate a trade first but their compo pick will likely be better than any club can offer.

Get Dangerfield to take a pay cut. :$ :p I think he will make it easier for the Suns to let go of him by simply just not rocking up each week mentally. Hence lower his trade/value in October. Its a smart play if the Cats will genuinely take him. Also allows him to physically look after his body too. Cats dont worry about the salary cap. There is too much brown paper bags being sent to players in Geelong.

Agree Freo wont match.

over 1.2 by the time the new salary cap comes out, 1.5 I'm thinking.

Any club that pays him $1.2m for 4 or 5 wont win a premiership. Wont have enough supporting players of adequate quality. He might as well stay if he wants that much money.

Its not as much as it may appear as the salary cap is going to increase shortly, depending on the Club they might front end or back end the deal. Also it wont be for 4 or 5 years it will be a massive lengthy contract so they can spread the wages accordingly across seasons, I can see a Victorian Club offering 6 years for Fyfe.

Atm in Freo there is no one else that should be on any good coin there realistically.

Get Dangerfield to take a pay cut. :$ :p I think he will make it easier for the Suns to let go of him by simply just not rocking up each week mentally. Hence lower his trade/value in October. Its a smart play if the Cats will genuinely take him. Also allows him to physically look after his body too. Cats dont worry about the salary cap. There is too much brown paper bags being sent to players in Geelong.

Agree Freo wont match.
Browna paper bagsa Costa lotta money

Browna paper bagsa Costa lotta money

Exactly. They can get away with it by hiring his partner or his father or mother as a receptionist for a $1m a year.

I mean ffs Danger is on only around $700k. Cats knew we would match it which is why they agreed to a trade.

Its not as much as it may appear as the salary cap is going to increase shortly, depending on the Club they might front end or back end the deal. Also it wont be for 4 or 5 years it will be a massive lengthy contract so they can spread the wages accordingly across seasons, I can see a Victorian Club offering 6 years for Fyfe.

Atm in Freo there is no one else that should be on any good coin there realistically.

Well the salary cap now is about 10.6m isnt it. That leaves 9.4m for the other 43 players. With a minimum wage of around $150 for your bottom 20 that leaves around 6.4m to pay the rest of your starting line up. That is an average of 290k. If your bottom 20 were on an average of 120k, it still only leaves 7m so an average of $319k. Not enough in my opinion. You need plenty of guys on around 500+ to challenge I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back