Welcome Harley Bennell (To make long awaited Dockers Debut!)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just hope you blokes afford the same chances to Benny Cuz - another troubled man with the world at his feet, yet controlled by the demons drugs

The sad thing is you are serious.

Ben Cousins was afforded more chances than anyone, ever. Your disgraceful club covered up his indiscretions and enabled his behaviour from when he was a teenager. Every little canary yellow and blue supporter that turned a blind eye to his drug taking in public toilets, chortled indulgently about the compromising videos being circulated, or applauded what he overcame has a share of that responsibility.

Harley Bennell's situation, and the club's handling of him is not comparable.

Even an upstanding bloke like me get pissed occasionally when I unexpectedly get a taste for it. Usually does me good.

Nothing to see here
Having thought about it a bit more, I agree in some respect Rip. Firstly, if it was you or I, we wouldn't have even been given a second look let alone told to leave the plane. Don't want to believe it but since I have seen it many times in reality, Harley was probably treated differently because of race, and again because he was travelling business class. As far as I can recall though, I thought club rules meant players not drinking in recovery. That's the thing he did wrong. The club seem to be backing him, which is probably good given the disappointment he would have faced last week with his latest setback. Minor, understandable even, but a bit silly.

Massive non issue.

Was he afforded time off from the club? Yes.

Did he get pissed before the flight? Yes.

Did he break the law? No.

Was anyone injured or affected by his behaviour? No.

If he was a normal citizen, would this even make news? No.

Thankfully, when Hawthorn get pumped by the pussies tomorrow, they'll take the headlines for the week.

To be fair Pav never confronted anything this chronic and comparing Pav to anyone on anyfront Pav is going to win.Just ask Lauren!
4 or 5 of us flew down from Darwin years ago and on the flight the head hostie decided we were not to be served any more drink.The other couple of attendants clearly thought she was a grumpy moo who liked to throw her weight around.I spoke to her and said that the first thing I was going to do when we landed in Perth was to get a breathalyser test,which would show I was not intoxicated and I would come after her.
Our guzzling rights were reinstated post haste.
It's a very subjective thing.
Harley hasn't done anything really sensible or really offensive.

I had my piss cut off on a qantas flight from Singapore to Perth after 4. Not for any reason except they said 4 was the limit. Liars

Massive non issue.

Was he afforded time off from the club? Yes.

Did he get pissed before the flight? Yes.

Did he break the law? No.

Was anyone injured or affected by his behaviour? No.

If he was a normal citizen, would this even make news? No.

Thankfully, when Hawthorn get pumped by the pussies tomorrow, they'll take the headlines for the week.

The issue for the club would be gim drinking while recovering from injury. Isn't that a big nono?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue for the club would be gim drinking while recovering from injury. Isn't that a big nono?
Not sure. If he's been given this time as annual leave and can keep a certain fitness base, I don't see it being an issue. Without knowing what he's been told by the club, from a mental health perspective, maybe giving him permission to have a few frothies isn't all bad, especially if his diet has been in check and he's been off the piss prior to his recent calf tear.

At worst, it's unprofessional.

Who cares?! Who hasn't been pissed on a plane? I checked in so blind one time I fell asleep in the wrong waiting area n missed my flight.
The media is just jumping at the opportunity to take the shine off our win

i got absolutely s**t faced between connecting flights at the qantas club once. I could barely stand and they still let me on the flight. I hate to say it, but i think there may have been a factor of race involved in this one.

i got absolutely s**t faced between connecting flights at the qantas club once. I could barely stand and they still let me on the flight. I hate to say it, but i think there may have been a factor of race involved in this one.

He was travelling business class, so I doubt it was a racial decision.

People here think too much about him , even he did not drink , he still need to rehab 8-10 week . is not like we can do anything about it . All talk no help .

Btw it is actually against air laws to board an aircraft intoxicated (source - I get paid a lot of money to know and teach this kind of thing)

Obviously people do board planes drunk, but the tolerance depends on things like the airlines, crew that day, if they've had incidents recently, and what I suspect may be an issue for this - race.

Btw it is actually against air laws to board an aircraft intoxicated (source - I get paid a lot of money to know and teach this kind of thing)

Obviously people do board planes drunk, but the tolerance depends on things like the airlines, crew that day, if they've had incidents recently, and what I suspect may be an issue for this - race.
Can we do anything about it ? If no , then just forget it .

Remove this Banner Ad

Back