List Mgmt. 2017 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has he gotten wrong? I don't think you actually know who Jeremias is talking about.
The poster he is referring to has got every tidbit right since he started posting...from trade targets, draft targets, who will debut each week etc.

And i understand we all get touchy about talk of players leaving, but he never said 'Hopper & Kennedy will be at Carlton next year'...the 'inside knowledge' was just that we are very keen and going hard at getting them...doesn't mean it will happen.

Answered above, learn how to multiquote or * off.

Answered above, learn how to multiquote or **** off.
I think that's a bit harsh. It's entirely possible and logical that Tomlinson would look at options if he hadn't been able to cement a place. I think of Adam Kennedy as a loyal soldier but both of those guys are at the stage of their career where they need to cement an AFL spot. Currently their both best 22 and that's seriously good, but last year it wasn't obvious they would be.
I dont really get pissed off usually with other clubs showing interest, it's really a compliment to the players and our academy/ list management.
I did get annoyed last year when people insisted Lobb was gone when he was contracted for this year and there was no realistic indication he was even interested in going. Same for Shiel with people claiming to know his mind when he had announced he wasn't considering other offers, he couldn't be much ckearer than that.

Last edited:

Very selective picking there.

We were fortunate to have someone giving us constant updates on the trades being discussed.

You do realise trade week is the most volatile with so many moving parts and variables, and things changing constantly.
For every trade that gets done, there were probably at least 5 variables of it before the clubs finally agreed on it.

There were many posters, including non Carlton ones, saying Tomlinson to Carlton was a 'done deal' in early 2016...obviously he changed his mind once he started being best 22 and getting a game every week halfway through the year which happens.

Just because A Kennedy and Corr didn't end up at Carlton, doesn't mean there wasn't serious discussions about them between our recruiting team and yours...which is all the poster said. He never said 'done deal'.

Your "in the know" mate just trawls the web and radio for rumours, throws a thousand darts at the wall and occasionally hits.

Agents and Managers don't use Big Footy to broadcast or try to influence trades.

Both you and he have NFI

Wow Agent is fired up this morning!

Go Hard!

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk
:p I'm saving the fight for next week when we'll be invaded by the pondscum element of the Mutts supporter base.
I'm willing to start a thread on the Bay to distract them, but there were some serious mod threats last time.

Last edited:
Your "in the know" mate just trawls the web and radio for rumours, throws a thousand darts at the wall and occasionally hits.

Which are you talking about?

That is certainly the case for some - but if you are referring to the poster we receive certain pieces of info from...you're wrong.

Let's ease up a little bit I reckon.

Very selective picking there.

We were fortunate to have someone giving us constant updates on the trades being discussed.

You do realise trade week is the most volatile with so many moving parts and variables, and things changing constantly.
For every trade that gets done, there were probably at least 5 variables of it before the clubs finally agreed on it.

There were many posters, including non Carlton ones, saying Tomlinson to Carlton was a 'done deal' in early 2016...obviously he changed his mind once he started being best 22 and getting a game every week halfway through the year which happens.

Just because A Kennedy and Corr didn't end up at Carlton, doesn't mean there wasn't serious discussions about them between our recruiting team and yours...which is all the poster said. He never said 'done deal'.

Discussion is welcome here, arguing though is for the Draft Board, this is our joint, so we are always right, kinda

Which are you talking about?

That is certainly the case for some - but if you are referring to the poster we receive certain pieces of info from...you're wrong.

Let's ease up a little bit I reckon.
Indeed a couple of chill pills wouldn't go astray..

I'm sure you like whoever this mystery dude is but anyone can be clairvoyant if you're willing to toss out anything they get wrong like you just did, or if they're just couching everything in caveats like Barrett or Denham or Rucci.

Valid points but as mentioned, this poster never said these were 'done deals', he was just informing us who we were targeting etc.

Obviously you can say 'well anyone can say that when it's bs or just throw darts', but as Jeremias is saying, this poster has a very impressive track record overall and does not throw many darts, he's selective. A lot of those claiming to be 'in the know' are trolls, but this guy clearly isn't...when you actually come across someone like that we should be appreciative since we're all obviously footy nuts to be posting on here. Any legitimate inside word is nice to hear.

Why would we bother defending him or spreading this s**t if he was unreliable? We had one of those posters during trade week last year and he was ridiculed and abused off our board.

Anyway, not sure what all the hoopla is i get no one likes the idea of gun players leaving their club, but all Jeremias said the info was is that we are very interested in Smith, Hopper & Kennedy which shouldn't surprise any of you...he didn't proclaim we were a lock to get them. Then he just asked questions about what you guys think it would take in a trade etc...you know, actual trade discussions which is what this thread is about and there's been a few touchy abusive responses for no reason.

Valid points but as mentioned, this poster never said these were 'done deals', he was just informing us who we were targeting etc.

You guys are Carlton we are the Giants. Its not hard to tell who you are after. Everyone on our list basically.

Obviously you can say 'well anyone can say that when it's bs or just throw darts', but as Jeremias is saying, this poster has a very impressive track record overall and does not throw many darts, he's selective. A lot of those claiming to be 'in the know' are trolls, but this guy clearly isn't...when you actually come across someone like that we should be appreciative since we're all obviously footy nuts to be posting on here. Any legitimate inside word is nice to hear.

You just glossed over his comment of you ignoring what he got wrong and championing what he got right.

Why would we bother defending him or spreading this s**t if he was unreliable? We had one of those posters during trade week last year and he was ridiculed and abused off our board.

Because, with respect, the Blues aren't in a good space right now and you are looking for any brightside (we did the same year 1 and 2)

Anyway, not sure what all the hoopla is i get no one likes the idea of gun players leaving their club, but all Jeremias said the info was is that we are very interested in Smith, Hopper & Kennedy which shouldn't surprise any of you...he didn't proclaim we were a lock to get them. Then he just asked questions about what you guys think it would take in a trade etc...you know, actual trade discussions which is what this thread is about and there's been a few touchy abusive responses for no reason.

Some of those trade suggestions were laughable and, as it was actually on our board, got treated as such. I'm sure if we came on your board taking the piss to our benefit we would be booted.
Be thankful for oppo supporters we are more relaxed.

Actually it's not. It's a thread covering Giants list management. It's also a thread for Giants supporters on the Giants board.

The original post on this thread was coming off incorrect assumptions as it assumed the Giants will be trading similar to previous years, whereas we no longer have a need to reduce list size or salary cap. We also have no real out-of-synch contracts like some of the guys we've offloaded in previous years (WHE, Palmer, Lamb).

We then got a lecture about stuff we already knew re: contract status, devolving into trolling about Shiel, and then your efforts to defend someone with a spotty Giants-related track record. Truly enlightening stuff. Blame your mates for getting our backs up before you even contributed to the thread.

Again, bear in mind this is the Giants board. Not the D&T or main board. We have put up with speculation on here about every out of contract and in contract player ever since our club's existence. So you might think you're getting an adverse reaction to some simple statements, but when you and your mates are the hundredth or more person to play the same stupid cards about "out of contract", "inside sources" and "childhood supporter", surely you can understand why the reaction might not be "come on in, put up your feet and we'll talk terms". There's other forums for that if you want neutral ground.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually it's not. It's a thread covering Giants list management. It's also a thread for Giants supporters on the Giants board.

The original post on this thread was coming off incorrect assumptions as it assumed the Giants will be trading similar to previous years, whereas we no longer have a need to reduce list size or salary cap. We also have no real out-of-synch contracts like some of the guys we've offloaded in previous years (WHE, Palmer, Lamb).

We then got a lecture about stuff we already knew re: contract status, devolving into trolling about Shiel, and then your efforts to defend someone with a spotty Giants-related track record. Truly enlightening stuff. Blame your mates for getting our backs up before you even contributed to the thread.

Again, bear in mind this is the Giants board. Not the D&T or main board. We have put up with speculation on here about every out of contract and in contract player ever since our club's existence. So you might think you're getting an adverse reaction to some simple statements, but when you and your mates are the hundredth or more person to play the same stupid cards about "out of contract", "inside sources" and "childhood supporter", surely you can understand why the reaction might not be "come on in, put up your feet and we'll talk terms". There's other forums for that if you want neutral ground.
Far be it from me to disagree. I will say I'm always treated politely on the Carlton board though. Not that I live there, but I do find it hard to switch off some of our excers.

Then he just asked questions about what you guys think it would take in a trade etc...you know, actual trade discussions which is what this thread is about and there's been a few touchy abusive responses for no reason.

In addition to what dlanod said above, it's April.

Forgive us if we would like to focus on our club's progress and our own retention efforts before entering into speculation as to what we would trade some of our young guns out.

I can understand that some clubs are looking forward to 2018, but we've got twenty plus weeks to go of 2017 before we even want to work out who or what we need next year.

[QUOTE="b70,]Gibbs is done deal.Touhy for Duncan is a good chance and pick 13 for Marchbank,Pickett and maybe Corr might come off.[/QUOTE]

If i went on the Carlton board and posted a giants fan with a great track record has told us Cripps and Weitering are on our radar and we will be ready to trade for them come end of year, I seriously doubt I would get any nice responses. You guys should think before posting on opposition boards. This is not a banter thread.

http://m.afl.com.au/news/2017-04-21/giant-pours-cold-water-on-pies-link

GREATER Western Sydney forward Devon Smith has all but committed his future to the club after revealing he's hopeful of re-signing with the Giants by the middle of this season.

Media reports earlier this week linked Smith, who is out of contract at the end of 2017, to Collingwood, where close friend and former Giant Taylor Adams is a joint vice-captain, and other ex-GWS players Adam Treloar and Will Hoskin-Elliott are on the Magpies' list.

The skillful forward would no doubt be an attractive prospect for rival clubs, but after training at the SCG in blazing sunshine ahead of Saturday's Sydney derby against the Swans, Smith said his management and the club have had plenty of positive discussions about him staying a Giant.

He acknowledged the obvious link to Adams and his other former teammates, but said he hasn't given the speculation much thought.

"I talk to 'Tay' (Taylor Adams) but it's not like he's their list manager, so I don't know where they got that one from," he said with a laugh.

"He calls me once a week, I call him to see how he's going, and obviously I text Will Hoskin-Elliott and 'Adzy' (Adam Treloar) to see how they're going because we were mates for four or five years.

"Last year I missed a large chunk of the season so I just want to play some good footy, and I'm loving being here."

Smith will be a serious threat to Sydney in the 12th edition of the derby, with his dangerous foot skills on both sides of his body allowing him to kick goals and set up his teammates from anywhere on the ground.

The powerful runner booted three goals in each of the first two rounds of the season, and has averaged 22 possessions from his next two games after spending more time in the midfield.

The 23-year-old is in far better shape than he was 12 months ago. A knee issue forced him to battle through the summer, and he eventually broke down and missed nine games during the middle of the year following surgery.

"Last year I did about 20 per cent of the pre-season, and it was actually this game (against the Swans at the SCG) where I just couldn't even run around," he said.

"I was kidding myself and telling myself that it was OK, but I had no idea how bad it was.

"Once I had the cleanout, I was feeling better within two days.

"This year I did about 90 per cent of the pre-season and I've been pulling up really well, so it's a big month ahead.

"I'd love to get up in the midfield, but obviously it's tough to get in there. If I can get two or five or 10 minutes in there, I'll take it."

I get he's not Teloar, promising signs. I think he's a got a great year in him at some point.

Lol why do carlton supporters think they are getting both hopper AND Kennedy for a future first...

Why would hopper, a best 22 player in a flag contender in his home state even want to play for such a rabble of a garbage team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back