Most hated players of all time

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

His ruthless attack on the footy against Silvagni running the other way was sublime. One of the best airborne hip & shoulders you will ever see
I know you're trolling but I'll take the bait anyway. If I went out tonight and did what Milburn did to Silvagni to some bloke out the front of a nightclub I'd be arrested, locked up for the night and charged with assault.

Hate Carlton but that was one of the most gutless acts I've seen on a footy field.

I know you're trolling but I'll take the bait anyway. If I went out tonight and did what Milburn did to Silvagni to some bloke out the front of a nightclub I'd be arrested, locked up for the night and charged with assault.

Hate Carlton but that was one of the most gutless acts I've seen on a footy field.
As you would for running up to anyone holding a ball and tackling them, so while I see your point, it's not the best way to make it.

Just read an article of the 20 most hated players. Really surprised Hodge was number 1.

1. Hodge
2. Milne
3. Hird
4. Carey
5. Boomer
6. Crowley
7. Goddard
8. Ballantyne
9. L Thomas
10. Stevie J
11. N Stevens
12. Griffen
13. Lloyd
14. Didak
15. Wingard
16. Tippett
17. Vickery
18. Cyril
19. Dermie
20. T Hawkins
Where's Craig Bradley on the list?

Just for being the softest player ever with the most games.

He makes Sheep Dogs look tough................

Ryan Crowley was an absolute dickhead of player. Still remember him antagonising Kieran Jack in the 2013 prelim about ducking his head - fast forward to a week later when the entire team collectively shat itself and Crowley missed a sitter from 20 metres out in the last quarter.

Definitely some dodgy choices in there plus a strong recency bias.

I have absolutely no clue how Rioli ended up on the list or how he could hated more than Dermie. I also have no idea how Goodes avoided the list.

I personally would have had players like the Carr brothers, Crowley, Libertore up pretty high.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Used to really dislike Dale Thomas, during collingwoods prime years he was a real show off, it's to sad to even hate him now. Fyfe for me would be the modern show off, really rates himself. no doubt he's talented but it's annoying.

Not surprised Goddard made the list, enrages people every time he opens his mouth
Daisy would be the subject of pity rather than scorn, if not for the pay-packet and who his mentor was!

Definitely some dodgy choices in there plus a strong recency bias.

I have absolutely no clue how Rioli ended up on the list or how he could hated more than Dermie. I also have no idea how Goodes avoided the list.

I personally would have had players like the Carr brothers, Crowley, Libertore up pretty high.
I'm trying not to open this can of worms again, but Goodes is somewhat unique in this case, in that he's not universally disliked - but those who dislike him, REALLY dislike him.

With regard to Rioli, I think some dislike him simply due to the fawning admiration that he's given by some parts of the media (Channel 7 call team, Dermot Brereton) that isn't always deserved.

Where's David Rhys-jones, Karl Landon Chris Lewis, the Scott brothers? From a hawks perspective it is a pleasant surprise to see no Dipper

I'm trying not to open this can of worms again, but Goodes is somewhat unique in this case, in that he's not universally disliked - but those who dislike him, REALLY dislike him.

With regard to Rioli, I think some dislike him simply due to the fawning admiration that he's given by some parts of the media (Channel 7 call team, Dermot Brereton) that isn't always deserved.
Good post.

With regard to Rioli, I think he is a really likable guy. On and off field. It's just the adoration from the media that people don't like.

I tend to agree with your comments regarding the commentators, particularly Dermot who sounds as if he is groping himself while on his Cyril horse. It's pretty much how I felt with Chris Judd and the media in general. Especially in the early years of his career and the fact that he was taken with pick 3 in the Soooper draft, which seemed to be uttered every second sentence. Judd however was a great player besides the eye gouging and chicken wing and the Kung fu defence, so I admired him for his ability and what he could do on the field while driving the voices from my head!

Ryan Crowley was an absolute dickhead of player. Still remember him antagonising Kieran Jack in the 2013 prelim about ducking his head - fast forward to a week later when the entire team collectively shat itself and Crowley missed a sitter from 20 metres out in the last quarter.
Michael Walters from Freo is putting up a case to be added to the list.
Thinks he's Mr Tough Guy, but he ain't.
Freo beat Melbourne.

Melbourne tears.

Lol.

Freo beat Melbourne.

Melbourne tears.

Lol.
Walters just went up to number 1.
1/ Overrrated
2/ Worst tattoos ever
3/ Thinks tattoos make him tough, and acts accordingly
4/ Wants to fight everyone, then shits himself when he gets it back
5/ About WAFL ressies standard as a player at best
6/ That'll do..........

Where's David Rhys-jones, Karl Landon Chris Lewis, the Scott brothers? From a hawks perspective it is a pleasant surprise to see no Dipper
Loved Rhys and the Scott bros.
Every team would love them in their team.

Walters just went up to number 1.
1/ Overrrated
2/ Worst tattoos ever
3/ Thinks tattoos make him tough, and acts accordingly
4/ Wants to fight everyone, then shits himself when he gets it back
5/ About WAFL ressies standard as a player at best
6/ That'll do..........
IMG_0785.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back