Player Watch #4: Dustin Martin

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahahahahaha, Tony Sheehan has a strike rate of about 2%, all his so called info is from the internet.

Tony sheehan....... Man that guy makes Toot Toot look professional

At the end of the day, Dusty takes Carrs advice and trusts him. We have to accept this guy has a Rolls Royce to trade and is using all the leverage he can to maximise a deal. It's the new world we live in. If he leaves for an extra $100k to $150k, well there's nothing we can do. Personally, if he goes, her goes. He's a top three favourite player to me and my oldest favourite player, but, it is what it is.

Just watched his straight shooting interview with Swan, from his comments I cant think anything but that he loves the club, unfortunately this is the real World and his manager holds the reigns but I reckon if we get close to the offer of a North etc he would find it hard to leave.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty is a RFA so we hold all the cards - Carr is shopping him around like all managers should... Tigers board know that nothing will happen until end of year w/ dusty deal so they're sitting back letting the league jostle each other in the papers and throw up crazy numbers. No point being too concerned with hear say until they put an offer in writing at the end of the season. At the end of the day all we gotta do is say "yep we'll match" and his going no where. Dusty likes the tigers so no issue about him pushing for the exit if we match ala danger last season.

Club is focusing on improving the list and utilizing the 2 x 1st rounders.

Dusty simply isn't going to leave Richmond. We have the money to pay him what he wants, which will be 200k or so less than the hilarious offers from Norf etc.

Briefly when they brought their way into the 1974 Grand Final.

Us against the world it was. And it ended in a victory for the forces of good.

the then VFL created a rule, then promptly discarded it, Allan Aylett was the then driver for the 10 year rule as it was known, once norf acquired the players, the rule was abandoned, Aylett at the time was the heir apparent to the top job at the then VFL house, IIRC the VFL was trying to woo him to head office, and you know it worked

Dusty is a RFA so we hold all the cards - Carr is shopping him around like all managers should... Tigers board know that nothing will happen until end of year w/ dusty deal so they're sitting back letting the league jostle each other in the papers and throw up crazy numbers. No point being too concerned with hear say until they put an offer in writing at the end of the season. At the end of the day all we gotta do is say "yep we'll match" and his going no where. Dusty likes the tigers so no issue about him pushing for the exit if we match ala danger last season.

Club is focusing on improving the list and utilizing the 2 x 1st rounders.

you cant be shopped around unless you allow it, dusty has given the ok..

you cant be shopped around unless you allow it, dusty has given the ok..

Every player is shopped around, because its the only way a manager is able to tell the player what their legit value in the market is.

That being said, there is being shopped and being shopped.

Fwiw i think dusty is in the middle. We will have to give him a very good offer to keep him, but it wont need to be insane. Dont and he will walk however - he wont stay for massive unders like others have

According to gawy, pimples daniher should get a bigger deal than dusty and fyfe

Does super vd rot your brain?

two bags of five and four bags of three in nines game, plus getting high teen possessions. He isn't in their ball park yet (although Fyfe has been average this year) but he keeps it up all year he certainly deserves a big pay packet. Would love him at Richmond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back