Autopsy Round 15, 2017: Sydney def Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Might stay in by fingernails. If Rohan hit him with pass, he turns round and nails a difficult goal.
Also ignored at times on boundary, not sure why, guys looking infield? He's mistaken for the u7s warming up for halftime?
Still Hayward is surely back in.
If Smith and Jones miss then Aliir might come in. Small defender though? Foote?

Foote? No thanks

Melican was sensational tonight...really has come from nowhere

I picked this the first time I saw him play an Intra Club match at Henson. He was sensational and showed so much. He nearly took a mark on the wing over a huge pack and threw himself in with no fear of the contest. Ended up getting injured but showed just the sort of player we had. A player with no fear of the contest. a player who could gain space and time to dispose. A clever backman. A Chris Langford type.

Good on papley. I don't give a s**t about the reversal. Would rather see our players queueing up to put the little prick in his place than worry about free kicks in that situation.

Stevic was so slow just report him and move on

Then paps has no time to do a thing anyway

Only happened because the ump was a nob

Haha. I love Papley. He gives us something completely different on the field and now off it too. I still maintain he'll be one of the most hated players in the league within the next few seasons.

I didn't give a s**t about the reversal last night either. I'd rather see all our players lining up to put that little prick back in his place than worry about a meaningless free kick in that situation.

Haha. I love Papley. He gives us something completely different on the field and now off it too. I still maintain he'll be one of the most hated players in the league within the next few seasons.

I didn't give a s**t about the reversal last night either. I'd rather see all our players lining up to put that little prick back in his place than worry about a meaningless free kick in that situation.
I agree. This is not a new tactic against us in big games either. Our players have been deliberately targeted. Go back to GWS match last year, Most hawf matches and then Melbourne last night. I am glad we're finally awoke to such petty tactics.

Last edited:
I agree. This is not a new tactic either against us in big games either. Our players have been deliberately targeted. Go back to GWS match last year, Most hawf matches and then Melbourne last night. I am glad we're finally awoke to such petty tactics.
Even at the start of this season we were rolling over and letting opposition teams target our players at will.

I know some of our supporters get sick of the constant scuffles and push and shove but I don't.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 ruck will not work all the time. Look at Richmond for example, go with Nankervis by himself every game and it often works against other sides playing one ruck...sides who have two rucks however have overpowered them in the last quarter as Nankervis gets tired and they start getting dominated out of the middle. 1 vs 2 rucks is still very much horses for courses decision.
Pederson is just as much a make shift ruck as Towers. Peter Wright, for example, is a very different proposition who can/likely will obliterate Towers in ruck, push forward on him forward and clunk marks.
But that doesn't mean Sinclair should come back, doesn't mark around the ground or at least give aerial contests anyway, no point playing a complete passenger until he start giving us something as tall.

Reid shouldn't be playing much in there really. Allir could be an option could play on the opposition ruck/forward and just follow them into the ruck when they go in? Or maybe even as forward/ruck, if Allir can be semi competent as a forward and not get in Franklin/Reid's way.

Tippett needs to get over that ankle, like with Jack coaches did him no favours by trying to get him to play through it. Get him fit AND in form and lets see what happens, some can't see past the emotion but a 2015, early 2016 Tippett would improve us...but he has to be BOTH fit and in form before he should come into the selection frame, which would at least be a month away...so no point discussing him now.

Florent reminds me off vespremi
Thats too harsh imo. Florent has a level of toughness that Vez never had. Florent needs his body to develop and catch up with his will, but watch him closely from a courage perspective, you see him put himself in harms way and not shirk. He is on a good plane in terms of development and I would be backing him in.

One thing i noticed, I kept hearing about this bully called Oliver who had tormented other mid fields, found it odd that such a bully needed to be protected from the tough stuff in the first 10 minutes for fear he may be targeted....pfft.

The umps were less than ordinary again last night. But at least it was both ways.
Last proves one thing, the deliberate OOB rule needs to be abolished....no one can adjudicate it. The deliberate ones get let go and the two paid last night were both blatantly incorrect.

Umpire lost the plot with the reversal anyhow.

Just watched replay and post match interviews etc.

Fantastic win and if not inaccuracy would have won by 10 goals. The 1 ruckman worked to perfection. Mcveigh proved me to wrong and please take the kick in duties so i dont have to stress when i see Lloyd doing it.

I love the way Bugg comes out and says it wasn't his intention to hurt him. Wtf if you punch someone in the face what is your intention then? The post match interview with him and the subsequent discussion is cringe worthy, they almost make it out as if he's the victim. Jonathon Brown is saying what a good bloke Thomas Bugg is. It wasn't til the end of the discussion that roos actually says i hope Mills is alright. If i did that in the pub i watched the game at last night i would have been quite rightly charged with assault. There would be no discussion of how good a bloke i am.

Just watched replay and post match interviews etc.

Fantastic win and if not inaccuracy would have won by 10 goals. The 1 ruckman worked to perfection. Mcveigh proved me to wrong and please take the kick in duties so i dont have to stress when i see Lloyd doing it.

I love the way Bugg comes out and says it wasn't his intention to hurt him. Wtf if you punch someone in the face what is your intention then? The post match interview with him and the subsequent discussion is cringe worthy, they almost make it out as if he's the victim. Jonathon Brown is saying what a good bloke Thomas Bugg is. It wasn't til the end of the discussion that roos actually says i hope Mills is alright. If i did that in the pub i watched the game at last night i would have been quite rightly charged with assault. There would be no discussion of how good a bloke i am.
Putting Bugg up for an interview was a f*** disgrace and the MFC should be ashamed they let that happen. His self centred apology was selfish at its best and plain manipulative at its worst. If you want a heartfelt sincere apology take a leaf out of Houli's book. I could not believe he said he had to look a the video to ascertain it didnt look good. This is probably as close to Hall on Staker as you can get without being at that level. Really poor.....

Last edited:
That was actually quite weak imo.

Why was bugg still walking at the end of the game?

Carlton got stuck into mills and nobody flew the flag for him then, and nobody flew the flag for him tonight either.
How so? Almost every player went to have a crack at Bugg after the Mills hit. Papley even gave away a free kick 'flying the flag'.

Florent reminds me off vespremi

Maybe in his current production but I think Florent has already shown a capacity to work hard and tackle that Veszpremi never showed.

I've already said at length I wouldn't have him in the seniors atm but I think his ceiling is high given how much muscle he has to add to his frame and how clean he is already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back