List Mgmt. Trade Hypotheticals (opposition posters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

The part that he wants to resign hahahaha

Sorry Bok, couldn't resist that one mate.
The word has dual meaning perhaps should be separated by a hyphen.
Not offended, just dont get tje benefit in pushing a very good player, who must be of character in the ooinion of our coaches, out the door.
If he wants to go that's a different story.

The word has dual meaning perhaps should be separated by a hyphen.
Not offended, just dont get tje benefit in pushing a very good player, who must be of character in the ooinion of our coaches, out the door.
If he wants to go that's a different story.

After a few debacles in thread titles related to misunderstandings of "resign" on the Lions board, we always go for "re-sign" versus "resign".

Puopolo and pick in the 30's for a first round in 2017?

Also, I was interested in your opinion of which young player you are most excited about? A player who has less than 20 games.

Cheers.

Puopolo and pick in the 30's for a first round in 2017?

Also, I was interested in your opinion of which young player you are most excited about? A player who has less than 20 games.

Cheers.
Puopolo is basically another Daniel Lloyd for us. Yes he is more proven but is he actually THAT much of an upgrade?

Just hypothesising.... if we lost Kelly, Smith and Hopper, what our team would look like (assuming we had everyone fit... big if):
Shaw Davis Corr
Wilson Tomlinson Haynes
Scully Coniglio Whitfield
Taranto Cameron Lobb
Greene Patton Deledio

Mummy Ward Shiel

M.Kennedy Setterfield Williams Griffen

Plus we would be adding 3 to 4 first round picks to this.

Not all bad.

Just hypothesising.... if we lost Kelly, Smith and Hopper, what our team would look like (assuming we had everyone fit... big if):
Shaw Davis Corr
Wilson Tomlinson Haynes
Taranto Cameron Lobb
Greene Patton Deledio

Mummy Ward Shiel

Not all bad.
Just quietly, if we lost these players could we not put in a bid for Martin? If we didn't get him, we'd push his price up even higher at the very least.
If we didn't end up with Martin, who else would you want us to target?

Puopolo is basically another Daniel Lloyd for us. Yes he is more proven but is he actually THAT much of an upgrade?

This trade suggestion of mine got smashed in the Drafts Trading Board, so your probably right.

It was the lure of a genuine crumbing/tackling forward at or near his prime for 1-2 years that i thought might tempt a premiership challenger with depth in most other positions.

Quite honestly, i cant see Hawthorn getting good value for a trade out of players unless it was a player older than 28. We dont have an obvious commodity, and any of our 25-28 aged players would not return their value I think.

In an ideal world GWS would desperately need a full back and would take Frawely. I think he is possibly surpluss to our short term needs purely from a list management perspective for a team out of the top 4. He is a not an AA defender but defintely can be trusted in a premiership contender.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This trade suggestion of mine got smashed in the Drafts Trading Board, so your probably right.

It was the lure of a genuine crumbing/tackling forward at or near his prime for 1-2 years that i thought might tempt a premiership challenger with depth in most other positions.

Quite honestly, i cant see Hawthorn getting good value for a trade out of players unless it was a player older than 28. We dont have an obvious commodity, and any of our 25-28 aged players would not return their value I think.

In an ideal world GWS would desperately need a full back and would take Frawely. I think he is possibly surpluss to our short term needs purely from a list management perspective for a team out of the top 4. He is a not an AA defender but defintely can be trusted in a premiership contender.
Frawley would never agree to a move and we wouldn't want his contract on our books.

Given that your reigning B&F went for pick 88 I don't think you will extract much value from your aging players that aren't your stars

Shaw Davis Corr
Wilson Tomlinson Haynes
Taranto Cameron Lobb
Greene Patton Deledio
Mummy Ward Shiel

Not all bad.
Yes, the sky certainly doesn't fall if we lose those guys named. Although, I do think that the quality that Kelly brings would be a significant loss to GWS if he leaves. If he gets to 'top 5' mid in the competition, I'd much prefer him to be playing for us in 22 games, than for someone else (& against us twice a year)!
Another question: who do people see as our number 1 ruck in two years?
I think the club is looking at a combination of Lobb and Flynn. So going away from the man-beast specifically towards two strong but slightly leaner, more mobile guys who can ruck and play forward equally well. Perhaps even a 50/50 ruck/forward split for each? I suspect that Dawson Simpson remains on the list as the interim Mummy-like option this year & next in case Mummy gets hurt, and perhaps even after that depending on how well Lobb & Flynn go. The problem I see is that neither Lobb nor Flynn get big minutes in ruck (usually) so their development as ruckmen is being constrained.

Would you guys be interested in Gunston if he was hypothetically on the table?

I kind of like the idea of a mobile high half forward that could compliment our talls. We do have Taranto who is looking promising but I think will end up a mid as he is a bit of a ball magnet. I just wrote elsewhere the idea of trading for Mitch McGovern who I love as he is a real marking threat.

My worry for Gunston is we have probably seen his best but we would still need to pay a premium to get him out.

I kind of like the idea of a mobile high half forward that could compliment our talls. We do have Taranto who is looking promising but I think will end up a mid as he is a bit of a ball magnet. I just wrote elsewhere the idea of trading for Mitch McGovern who I love as he is a real marking threat.

My worry for Gunston is we have probably seen his best but we would still need to pay a premium to get him out.
What would you trade for him?
Don't think his best is past him. I think the movement out of our midfield hasn't been as accurate and clean as previous years which isn't benefitting the forward-line what-so-ever

What would you trade for him?
Don't think his best is past him. I think the movement out of our midfield hasn't been as accurate and clean as previous years which isn't benefitting the forward-line what-so-ever
Delivery wouldn't improve coming to the Giants though. Have you seen our forward entries?

Not sure we need Gunston with Jezza and Toby up forward.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back