2nds Crows in SANFL season 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

How will the SANFL be the biggest loser remember they pay 3/4 of a million to have their games televised
They pay to get the game to the public, which in turn benefits the sponsor who ultimately pay the wage of the players and staff at the SANFL. Remove the Prestige of being the 2nd best comp and they are competing with the Ammos for sponsors and Crowds.
Do you honestly believe the SANFL can afford to lose both the Crows and Port, remembering what happened to crowds and sponsors when both those teams went into the AFL.
What will SANFL look in 10 years without those 2 teams, I go to the SANFL regularly but to be honest remove the Crows and I most likely go to their games in VFL to see how the next line of Crows players are going, and then walk up the road and watch some country football cheaper to get in cheaper to buy food and beverages. Or I will go to the under 18 games which will be the next one to go from the SANFL.

Very good to see. Would really like him to become heir to Sauces spot, Obrien is just so vanilla.

Hunter will never, ever make it. Has flashes, but don't forget this is at SANFL level and he only gets away with it half the time because of his mobility. The SANFL blokes big enough to man him cant keep up. He is like a very, very poor man's Jenkins.

ROB is the better prospect. Better ruckmen, better contested mark, better tackler, better 2nd efforts and around the ground work. I see ROB as a bit of a Toby Nankervis type. Might not be a polished ruckmen, but still has that grunt and size which he ACTUALLY uses.

They pay to get the game to the public, which in turn benefits the sponsor who ultimately pay the wage of the players and staff at the SANFL. Remove the Prestige of being the 2nd best comp and they are competing with the Ammos for sponsors and Crowds.
Do you honestly believe the SANFL can afford to lose both the Crows and Port, remembering what happened to crowds and sponsors when both those teams went into the AFL.
What will SANFL look in 10 years without those 2 teams, I go to the SANFL regularly but to be honest remove the Crows and I most likely go to their games in VFL to see how the next line of Crows players are going, and then walk up the road and watch some country football cheaper to get in cheaper to buy food and beverages. Or I will go to the under 18 games which will be the next one to go from the SANFL.

Have you had much to do with Metropolitan clubs 99% of sponsors are from a club tie up, its either ex players, playesr or supporters of the club the Ammos are no diffrent or southern league or great southern league these clubs arent fighting for sponsors against SANFL

The big question is would it cost sponsors or how much is the sponsorship worth by paying 3 quarters of a million to televise the game, are the sponsors they get from having it on TV worth that, or would they have these sponsors anyway, I know a number of sponsors at Glenelg and I dont believe the TV deal makes any difference to them. We arent takling Millions in revenue you do realise

As for numbers no I dont think it will make a huge difference it is what it is a state leaugue it no longer is the number 1 league, it has been accepted, as what has happened in Viictoria where the crowds arent even half of ours yet they have 4 times the population. The SANFL know there crowds will dwindle and they will need to come up with weird and wonderful ways to attract people to their games

You are thinking it needs to compete it doesnt it is a local comp that will have people go if they can create interest its no the be all and end all if people enjoy it and want to go they will if not it doesnt matter

As long as the comp remains true to itself thats what most want to see that enjoy it

The competition is for the people of SA as is state league soccer as is state league lacross or hockey . The state government will put money into all these sports as its there for the people of SA

Yiour mixing up SANFL with AFL they are two different beasts

Have you had much to do with Metropolitan clubs 99% of sponsors are from a club tie up, its either ex players, playesr or supporters of the club the Ammos are no diffrent or southern league or great southern league these clubs arent fighting for sponsors against SANFL

The big question is would it cost sponsors or how much is the sponsorship worth by paying 3 quarters of a million to televise the game, are the sponsors they get from having it on TV worth that, or would they have these sponsors anyway, I know a number of sponsors at Glenelg and I dont believe the TV deal makes any difference to them. We arent takling Millions in revenue you do realise

As for numbers no I dont think it will make a huge difference it is what it is a state leaugue it no longer is the number 1 league, it has been accepted, as what has happened in Viictoria where the crowds arent even half of ours yet they have 4 times the population. The SANFL know there crowds will dwindle and they will need to come up with weird and wonderful ways to attract people to their games

You are thinking it needs to compete it doesnt it is a local comp that will have people go if they can create interest its no the be all and end all if people enjoy it and want to go they will if not it doesnt matter

As long as the comp remains true to itself thats what most want to see that enjoy it

The competition is for the people of SA as is state league soccer as is state league lacross or hockey . The state government will put money into all these sports as its there for the people of SA

Yiour mixing up SANFL with AFL they are two different beasts

Not mixing the Comps, Bit hard to.
But I can say one thing if the SANFL lose their SA appeal which would happen quickly if the Crows and Port leave the comp, then all they are is a metro local comp, the only advantage for sponsors to get state wide representation would be with the Under 18 and 16,
The big sponsor may not pull out but the level of sponsorship will decrease. It already happening at SANFL level to a few clubs. and few of the Tier 2 and 3 sponsors are moving to the ammo's.
Pay per view set up the SANFL has not worked as well as they liked, (watch for changes to that setup involving the Crow and Port.)
At this time the Bigger Sponsors are not getting their money worth which is why the SANFL do not want the replays full of Crows and Port they pay channel 7 so they can pick which teams play most times. How long before that issue become untenable to Channel 7 and the SANFL. Because if Channel 7 has the way it will be Crows and Port game on the TV as they are the top rating teams.
Also, its is expected that more than 4 SANFL clubs will be issuing a loss this year.
Question is how long will the SANFL survive as a Force if the Crows and Port leave and Join the AFL 2nds.

Not mixing the Comps, Bit hard to.
But I can say one thing if the SANFL lose their SA appeal which would happen quickly if the Crows and Port leave the comp, then all they are is a metro local comp, the only advantage for sponsors to get state wide representation would be with the Under 18 and 16,
The big sponsor may not pull out but the level of sponsorship will decrease. It already happening at SANFL level to a few clubs. and few of the Tier 2 and 3 sponsors are moving to the ammo's.
Pay per view set up the SANFL has not worked as well as they liked, (watch for changes to that setup involving the Crow and Port.)
At this time the Bigger Sponsors are not getting their money worth which is why the SANFL do not want the replays full of Crows and Port they pay channel 7 so they can pick which teams play most times. How long before that issue become untenable to Channel 7 and the SANFL. Because if Channel 7 has the way it will be Crows and Port game on the TV as they are the top rating teams.
Also, its is expected that more than 4 SANFL clubs will be issuing a loss this year.
Question is how long will the SANFL survive as a Force if the Crows and Port leave and Join the AFL 2nds.

What do you think is the revenue from sponsorship at SANFL level ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well using your Club 2014 - $432,567 2015 - $441,803,

There are about 80 or 90 sponsors take away the major ones and it's only a few thousand each most being local business wanting to support the community and I can tell you it's all due to the volunteers of the sponsorship committee

It's not much coin is it

There are about 80 or 90 sponsors take away the major ones and it's only a few thousand each most being local business wanting to support the community and I can tell you it's all due to the volunteers of the sponsorship committee

It's not much coin is it

It over 400K as reported in the annual report,

Hunter will never, ever make it. Has flashes, but don't forget this is at SANFL level and he only gets away with it half the time because of his mobility. The SANFL blokes big enough to man him cant keep up. He is like a very, very poor man's Jenkins.

ROB is the better prospect. Better ruckmen, better contested mark, better tackler, better 2nd efforts and around the ground work. I see ROB as a bit of a Toby Nankervis type. Might not be a polished ruckmen, but still has that grunt and size which he ACTUALLY uses.
Correct - ROB is 5 lengths ahead of Hunter

Hunter is not AFL quality and he's older to boot

ROb can do a job - wouldn't want him as clear no 1 though so may need k recruit the next project

Correct - ROB is 5 lengths ahead of Hunter

Hunter is not AFL quality and he's older to boot

ROb can do a job - wouldn't want him as clear no 1 though so may need k recruit the next project
I've actually been more impressed by Hunter since ROB hasn't played. Not worth another year but someone else might take a punt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Probably been mentioned before and all jokes aside Hunter is second string ruckman with O'brien out injured.
If something happens to Sauce, Hunter may be called up if he can prove himself at SANFL level. it could mean the difference between playing AFL or Black Diamond League (Newcastle) next season.

I know Weslo (the security at Richmond) have lost 2 SANFL ground contracts this year (Noarlunga and Glenelg). Reckon they might be losing more if they're going to cause situations like this.

Seriously, given their reputation for causing more trouble than anything else I'm amazed they still get contracted to most SANFL grounds.

Also, with Fages last comment - a subtle reminder to the Advertiser why we have Domain as a sponsor perhaps?

ADELAIDE
Adelaide’s SANFL coach Ryan O’Keefe has been forced to change plenty of magnets for the game against Norwood on Sunday.

Jono Beech, Harry Dear, Matt Signorello, Jordan Gallucci, Kyle Cheney and untried Ben Davis have all been called upon, with the latter playing his first Macca’s League game after battling a foot injury this year.

Development squad player Ryan Marini (21, 186cm and 83kg) has also been named on the extended interchange to potentially make his Macca’s League debut.

Elliott Himmelberg has been sidelined by a foot injury while Alex Keath has been called up to make his AFL debut in the Crows’ blockbuster against Geelong on Friday night.

Joey Brown and Damon Hill have been sent back to their local clubs.

League

F: Menzel, Pinyon, Poholke

HF: Jarman, Dear, Fry

C: Wittwer, Thompson, Beech

HB: Murphy, Doedee, Seedsman

B: Cheney, De Michele, Gore

R: Hunter, Wigg, Gallucci

INT: Davis, Signorello, Marini, Launer, Boxer

IN: Beech, Dear, Signorello, Marini, Gallucci, Davis, Cheney

OUT: Himmelberg (foot), Keath (AFL), Hill, J. Brown

Redlegs

League