Eddie McGuire returning to co-host The Footy Show.

Remove this Banner Ad

Why the **** did they axe street talk... Best part of the show
What? Taking advantage of and laughing at unintelligent people in low socioeconomic areas of Melbourne?

You ever seen a street talk done in Brighton, Hampton, Camberwell, Toorak, or Hawthorn? You think Sam Newman would be able to take the piss out of people in those suburbs? Doubtful.

It gets a laugh because he can crack a sexist and filthy joke at people who either don't know what his doing or just actually think what he asks/says is serious.

will give it a look again just for the nostalgia of hearing Eddie say at the beginning of the show "What a big week its been in football!" and then will probably tune out once Bec forced personality Maddern opens her mouth.

What? Taking advantage of and laughing at unintelligent people in low socioeconomic areas of Melbourne?

You ever seen a street talk done in Brighton, Hampton, Camberwell, Toorak, or Hawthorn? You think Sam Newman would be able to take the piss out of people in those suburbs? Doubtful.

It gets a laugh because he can crack a sexist and filthy joke at people who either don't know what his doing or just actually think what he asks/says is serious.

Yep, the people on that segment believe he is laughing with them, but he's laughing at them. Run it's course that stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had thoughts the country was going down the drain with PC crap - thanks for confirming it... Who are you to label and judge people on a few minutes of tv footage - I think they would be more offended at people like you talking down on them than Sam taking the piss out of them and getting them on TV.

I had thoughts the country was going down the train with PC crap - thanks for confirming it... Who are you to label and judge people on a few minutes of tv footage - I think they would be more offended at people like you talking down on them than Sam taking the piss out of them and getting them on TV.

It's not really a PC issue, for me it's just really lazy comedy if he did it with an actual point to prove or against someone who could fire back, it would be tonnes better.

It's not really a PC issue, for me it's just really lazy comedy if he did it with an actual point to prove or against someone who could fire back, it would be tonnes better.
The other guy made it a PC issue - there are people who fire back at him and tell him to * off - thats what makes it funny. Especially women who hate him. I hate the idea taking the piss out of each other is suddenly not OK. The guy walks around in dresses looking like an absolute idiot - its not like hes taking a high road.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back