Autopsy Swans vs Hawks (R19, 2017)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm dead set over Horse's so called "coaching" against Hawthorn too! A drunk whose had 15 pints on Oxford Street could tell you...how about we go man on man and not leave Hodge as the spare man! The bloke has won Norm Smith's playing that role!

Foote is horrific, I'm sorry but I'll be blunt, how he was an emergency is beyond me. I said it Thursday...Foote being near the side scared me! No shock he did nothing apart from turn the ball over and drop marks all night. Robinson is NEAFL standard at this stage as well.

Changes:

Out Foote, Robinson, Naismith (if inj.)

In: Rohan, Lloyd, Reid.

Mate, Horse wasn't telling them to consistently bomb it to no one going forward, or fail to chase their opponents when they're coming out of defence. Like, they all spoke about it in the lead up, but then didn't execute.

The selection of Foote is ******* maddening, though.

Who the hell do you think selected him?

Not that I'm a Horse basher, but that's a very strange post.

Cant believe longmire picked Foote....AA or Dawson would at least made some sense with a better game plan.
He wasn't the worst! Hayward did nothing, Robinson did nothing, Stinklair played his match of the decade last week, Smith did nothing (he's lost it) and Buddy who? Come up with a new one!

Unfortunately, could all still unravel very quickly from here. A kennedy-less swans may find cats a monumental task despite them being pretty shite.

How people are hanging s**t on Foote who got 5 minutes notice to play, after the mares had by Buddy, Melican, Naismith and Sinclair is beyond me.

Point is he shouldn't have been an emergency to begin with!! Seriously, I couldnt think of a player less suited to take on the Hawks at the G. Poor foot skills, short and no pace.

Sinkers and Naismith were clearly injured.

Buddy played 1 in a 100 bad games.

we never beat the Crows over there.
Did in 2013 and 2014 tbf. That game probably decides who is the key frontrunner in the finals, unless Hawthorn sneak in.

Good reply but Clarko didn't beat Longmire at MCG last year, ie the last time the two teams met at the holy grail. Everything else, definitely yep!

That's fair, but if I remember correctly, Hawthorn had a s**t build-up going into both of those, and we still also managed to lose both.

He wasn't the worst! Hayward did nothing, Robinson did nothing, Stinklair played his match of the decade last week, Smith did nothing (he's lost it) and Buddy who? Come up with a new one!

Hayward at least kicked a goal which was good for me on a personal note lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many of our senior players had absolute shockers? It is just baffling. Disbelief is the word I am looking for. I mean EVERYTHING GOES RIGHT FOR THEM!

How people are hanging s**t on Foote who got 5 minutes notice to play, after the mares had by Buddy, Melican, Naismith and Sinclair is beyond me.
I'd struggle to pick one good player. Papley was our best but even he missed a couple he should've nailed.
Foote had a couple of bad moments that will see him off the emergency list I guess.

It's a business...can you spare the flight?

It's an hour at a grand cost of what $100 at most?

Or here's an idea leave Foote who was awful before at home and take Dawson who got 40 disposals last week!

I know some people will blame the coaching (and they may have a point to an extent) but most of the players were down - our good players. That's not due to the coaching. They just have the wood over us mentally. It is so frustrating.

Some questionable umpiring decisions (the obvious high to Hannebery (I think it was) in the forward 50 with the umpire right there, with a clear view - you can't get more blatant than that) , poor decision making and our continual bombing it long were the difference.

Oh well...I was kind of expecting to lose this one. We move onto next week. I still feel like we could win the next four.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back