Autopsy What just happened? A draw???

Remove this Banner Ad

Nah, it's been that way since Morganashlee , Ilksy and other floggo received welch badges and told they weren't allowed to change their listed teams.

Was gonna change it back after yesterday as to not receive any backlash on here but forgot.

Fight the power, brother.

Yep all that matters is that Langdon kicked it to the smallest man on the ground. Really. You kick it to a contest. No ones should be doing hard leads and you kill the ball. Game over

Because improved performances in dead-rubbers where we're unable to reach the finals mean diddly-squat.

You're clutching at straws.
The TOP team was made to looking ordinary and dominated by some outstanding football.
And you want to try to offer a paltry excuse to detract from the performance.

I can feel the trembling in your boots as the trepidation of Bucks reappointment builds due to these very good performances.
I hope you're no having night terrors.

The TOP team was made to looking ordinary and dominated by some outstanding football.

I can feel the trembling in your boots as the trepidation of Bucks reappointment builds due to these very good performances.
Yep, a two year extension to Buck's is only fair to allow him to complete what he's started AND so that we can enjoy some posters going off their tree

aEKJB.png

aEyBc.png

aEOLG.png

aEkQP.png

aE9Dj.png

Honestly, this is fantastic work.

Both Darcy and Wells' momentum was heading towards the boundary, looking to create a contest and have the safety of the boundary line if needing to punch. Sideys already there, he's not a flyer but has set himself up to be at the contest if it hits the ground. Instead Langdon kicks directly to Blair in a two on one, with Moore sending it into the dangerous corridor if he'd got a fist on it anyway.

Also dispels the myth that Langdon was under pressure from Jenkins. With 30 seconds on the clock, it was actually a shithouse attempt to put pressure on the ball carrier and Langdon had more time than he should have in that situation. It was under 15's stuff to kick it along the boundary, even without Darcy (the only KP there and logical target) giving cues as where he wanted it.

My bad, just watched it again and it was Jenkins on the mark.

That aside, all watching it again does is reinforce the kick was fine, Moore's run very ordinary. He ran from 40m out almost directly in front, actually through the congested spot Langdon kicked to out to 60-65m before changing direction and swinging back around. DeGoey, Wells and Blair all very poor.

Nobody else has mentioned it that I've seen - and I imagine that there is no doubt about the rule (I've never considered it in the context of running back) - but if you asked McGovern to answer honestly I think he would admit that he was "off" and if the siren had sounded a few seconds later it would've been a shocker for Adelaide.

Lucky for him he was running dead straight but in my mind there's no doubt he wasn't intending to take the set shot when the siren went.
I got the impression that he knew there was little time and he was running back totake his kick. Would have been nice if he 'd left his line

I got the impression that he knew there was little time and he was running back totake his kick. Would have been nice if he 'd left his line
Yeah, I don't think there's any doubt that's what he was doing. Threw his head back in disappointment when he heard the siren, he would've reacted completely differently had he "played on" as previously mentioned by trying to disguise that he wasn't and he indeed wanted a set shot.

Ploise explain....

Our recent form includes a good half a quarter against WCE and a good half against the Crows....I'm trying to find all these other good performances we've had.

We really haven't put together a full 4 quarter effort all year, maybe the Sydney game was as close as we got from memory, when Sydney were in the middle of a poor period - even the Brisbane we were terrible for large periods.

We've been horribly inconsistent, not only for the year, but for games, even halves and quarters of games.

I agree we've been in most games, built around manic pressure rather than skill, but we've played some really horrible footy at times.

I don't understand your point?

This is the reality. Yes, we played well for 60 minutes. And then s**t the bed.

All while knowing we can't possibly play finals. Now I don't know about you, but i'd like to be in a position where we're going to be playing footy past August.

7-10-1, and 13th on the ladder.

But 'very good performances'........ok.

Ploise explain....

Our recent form includes a good half a quarter against WCE and a good half against the Crows....I'm trying to find all these other good performances we've had.

We really haven't put together a full 4 quarter effort all year, maybe the Sydney game was as close as we got from memory, when Sydney were in the middle of a poor period - even the Brisbane we were terrible for large periods.

We've been horribly inconsistent, not only for the year, but for games, even halves and quarters of games.

I agree we've been in most games, built around manic pressure rather than skill, but we've played some really horrible footy at times.
But, but, 'very good performances'.....

Just superb.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ploise explain....

have you bothered to check our performances against TOP 8 sides?
they are the benchmark - you measure progress against the best team not the poor teams.

I don't understand your point?

This is the reality. Yes, we played well for 60 minutes. And then s**t the bed.

All while knowing we can't possibly play finals. Now I don't know about you, but i'd like to be in a position where we're going to be playing footy past August.

But 'very good performances'........ok.

at least you now admit we played exceptionally well - that's a huge tick against the flag favourites. They 'arsed' an 80% conversion rate in the last half to draw.
They were very very lucky as Pike said.
And we got a great insight into how good our best can be under Bucks. And it's very very good.

at least you now admit we played exceptionally well - that's a huge tick against the flag favourites. They 'arsed' an 80% conversion rate in the last half to draw.
And we got a great insight into how good our best can be under Bucks. And it's very very good.
Hang on, why is it 'arse' scoring at 80%, as opposed to skill/quality?

We continually kick poorly because we're terrible, it isn't bad luck.

As for the 'insight' into how good we can be? Seriously, every side has moments through the year where they bely their ladder position. If you want to hang your hat on something like that, you're missing a trick.

Hang on, why is it 'arse' scoring at 80%, as opposed to skill/quality?

We continually kick poorly because we're terrible, it isn't bad luck.

As for the 'insight' into how good we can be? Seriously, every side has moments through the year where they bely their ladder position. If you want to hang your hat on something like that, you're missing a trick.

ADEL will not score at 80% again for 10 years.
Get a grip sunshine - its a massive outlier.
AND they lose otherwise, without this outlier conversion.
What don't you get.

We all saw how good our best can be which gave us great joy - you were chewing your nails and throwing stuff at the TV because your nemesis may now get reappointed.

Yep I get the 80% conversion rate is exceptional but most of the shots were gimmes. Off the top of my head I can think of two snaps that were tough shots. All in all we should have made some of the shots we missed, but the fact remains they scored way too easily in the 3rd in particular. We overcooked some of our entries and got burned on the way back. It's a fine line between a skill issue, over exuberance, mental attitude and lack of cohesion. Any other day, we kick at least one more and they miss at least one but any other day we probably don;t have a first half like we did. It's a glass half full game. Oh and any other day Wells turns and snaps on his left rather than miss that kick backwards which results in a goal and gives them a sniff

Ploise explain....

Very few teams dominate for four quarters in the modern game, the opposition is going to have their time when they dominate, so don't look for this from us at the moment, why even the top of the table Adelaide had a shocking half....it happens to all teams. Accept it.

Shouldn't it be the other way around. Your view is in the minority. In any case, as I was implying, it's nitpicking. I wonder if Goddard's kickout against Sydney triggered this much discussion because that was FAR worse.

Given there is photo evidence of why Langdon should have kicked ten metres to the left no it shouldn't. This is the Collingwood board not the Essendon board, Goddard is irrelevant. Being in the majority doesn't make you right I'm also not sure you're in the majority either as a I remember this thread starting out with delist Langdon type posts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Given there is photo evidence of why Langdon should have kicked ten metres to the left no it shouldn't. This is the Collingwood board not the Essendon board, Goddard is irrelevant. Being in the majority doesn't make you right I'm also not sure you're in the majority either as a I remember this thread starting out with delist Langdon type posts.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Clearly reactionary posts to a disappointing end result. I know it's the Collingwood board thanks but the comparison was to illustrate the nitpicking nature of an 'error' that gets made all the time and isn't worth the furore it's created.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep I get the 80% conversion rate is exceptional but most of the shots were gimmes. Off the top of my head I can think of two snaps that were tough shots. All in all we should have made some of the shots we missed, but the fact remains they scored way too easily in the 3rd in particular. We overcooked some of our entries and got burned on the way back. It's a fine line between a skill issue, over exuberance, mental attitude and lack of cohesion. Any other day, we kick at least one more and they miss at least one but any other day we probably don;t have a first half like we did. It's a glass half full game. Oh and any other day Wells turns and snaps on his left rather than miss that kick backwards which results in a goal and gives them a sniff

You have effectively made the case that serendipity plays a huge role in games - and could easily have been the reason we lost some close games, that would otherwise see us in the 8.
So strident criticism of Bucks' performance this year, based on the above, is clearly unfair.

You have effectively made the case that serendipity plays a huge role in games - and could easily have been the reason we lost some close games, that would otherwise see us in the 8.
So strident criticism of Bucks' performance this year, based on the above, is clearly unfair.

But that is all if's but's and maybe's, the criticism of Bucks for me revolves around the same deficiencies and failings on game day year after year, If you are let down more often than not by the same things week after week and continually miss finals because of it then then becomes the classic definition of insanity.

Undoubtedly luck plays a huge part -but it evens out as much as can be expected over the course of the year. Adelaide's kicking, however, was not due to luck, it was due to brilliant slingshot football

Remove this Banner Ad

Back