Society/Culture Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

• Yes

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

In the year 2017 I cant think of one good reason why we need to have 2 fully tax funded public broad casters . The ABC have something like 4 TV channels and 5 radio stations which given the fact that the taxpayer is paying for this at a time when we have a budget emergency is a joke .

To make matters worse they are both controlled by the far left as most government agencies are , they don't represent main stream Australia .

For me this is a big issue as someone who pays lots of tax I don't want my money waisted . If others want to watch this garbage than can pay for it themselves , I love sky and I pay for it .
12 pages so far. Well played.

Ok excuse me I am exceptional intelligent , your reasoning was poor . Some how trying to compare the health of a food with the quality of a tv show . Its a scientific fact what food is unhealthy based on its macronutrients. With TV quality it is relevant to the individual .
Lol.

The Chris Uhlmann that is married to the ALP MP Gai Brodtmann?
Seems others have beaten me in replying.
Do you have a problem with that?
Think that Tony Jones's wife might have worked for or is a Liberal.

Last edited:
maybe watching Andrew Bolt made something that looks like an I sore... he forgot the lube
No the ABC now days is just a plat form for the left to bash their message across

It would be a sad day if it the abc was ever shut down as it has good shows & valuable educational shows for kids. But the morons on the left just keep using it to hammer their message across

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No the ABC now days is just a plat form for the left to bash their message across

It would be a sad day if it the abc was ever shut down as it has good shows & valuable educational shows for kids. But the morons on the left just keep using it to hammer their message across
The only morons are those who believe in a linear scale of left and right. People can be socially liberal and economically conservative.. like our prime minister.

The only morons are those who believe in a linear scale of left and right. People can be socially liberal and economically conservative.. like our prime minister.
Lol if you cannot pick up the left bias in anything news or political related, I wouldn't be commenting if I were you

Lol if you cannot pick up the left bias in anything news or political related, I wouldn't be commenting if I were you
My point was that left and right is linear and does not incorporate everything. Australian society is left leaning on social issues, that's been obvious for years. Not everyone is left leaning when it comes to economic policy though. The left leaning bias on the ABC is related to social issues, which represents a majority of society. Just because it does not agree with your views, does not make it worthy of shutting down. Might as well shut down the government because they don't agree with my views

My point was that left and right is linear and does not incorporate everything. Australian society is left leaning on social issues, that's been obvious for years. Not everyone is left leaning when it comes to economic policy though. The left leaning bias on the ABC is related to social issues, which represents a majority of society. Just because it does not agree with your views, does not make it worthy of shutting down. Might as well shut down the government because they don't agree with my views

Based on what does Australia lean socially progressive?

Based on polling a trump style immigration ban would be supported by most australians , safe schools and respectful relationships seem extremely unpopular and from what i can tell identity politics is not popular.

Othet than same sex marriage i cant think of a single issue were Australia leans socially progressive.

Channel 7 and 9 are the most watched channels and the views expressed there are much more conservative than on the abc .channel 7 has polls that nearly always favour the conservative social point of view.

Based on polling a trump style immigration ban would be supported by most australians , safe schools and respectful relationships seem extremely unpopular and from what i can tell identity politics is not popular.
Are you able to get in through that skull of yours that your opinions are the epitome of identity politics?

Based on what does Australia lean socially progressive?

Othet than same sex marriage i cant think of a single issue were Australia leans socially progressive.

Channel 7 and 9 are the most watched channels and the views expressed there are much more conservative than on the abc .channel 7 has polls that nearly always favour the conservative social point of view.
Universal healthcare? Welfare? Abortion? Vaccinations? Gender diversity? Environment like climate change, the murray and barrier reef?

Would love to know where you get your poll from because the numbers I am seeing don't add up. Also what the * is respectful relationships? Is that saying that people want to be able to abuse their partner?

Last edited:
Back