Society/Culture Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

Should we close down the ABC and SBS ?

• Yes

Votes: 43 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 102 70.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal healthcare? Welfare? Abortion? Vaccinations? Gender diversity? Environment like climate change, the murray and barrier reef?

Would love to know where you get your poll from because the numbers I am seeing don't add up. Also what the **** is respectful relationships? Is that saying that people want to be able to abuse their partner?

Conservatives believe in all of that too . None of what you listed is were the controversy is.

Controversy is over immigration, section 18c , Marxism in the education system and identify politics.

Remember its one thing to ask people if they like something, itd another too ask them if they want to pay for it.the carbon tax is what started the death of the rudd/gillard government.

Costs of living and security is were elections are won and lost .

Conservatives believe in all of that too . .
No actually.
Many conservatives are anti-abortion, universal healthcare, anti-welfare, and many a climate change deniers (just from the list Bradesmaen stated).

For someone who is constantly telling people who the left and right are, you're wrong a remarkable amount of time.

Yet studies show the ABC leans slightly to the right or relatively centrist in their broadcasting.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...-the-abc-and-sbs.1172888/page-8#post-51646217

Only Bolt / Hanson fans think the ABC leans left. No surprise.

If that were so , they would have reported on :
The climategate emails
The guts of the Copenhagen draft treaty - I got banned on the ABC for merely linking to it and commenting "everyone should read thus"
The DNC Emails
The Clinton cash reports about kickbacks to the Clinton foundation
Trump defunding the CIA in Syria.
The Imran Awan arrest
Just off the top of my head.

The climategate emails
The guts of the Copenhagen draft treaty - I got banned on the ABC for merely linking to it and commenting "everyone should read thus"
The DNC Emails
The Imran Awan arrest
They did report on all of those things, even have their own show on Trump and always have a guest from both sides.
Think what you really mean didn't report enough to your satisfaction.

Further it is the Australian ABC not Fox.

Last edited:
The climategate emails
The DNC Emails
The Imran Awan arrest
Yes, a right-wing poster on a football website carries more weight than three separate studies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the only Objective (hahaha) report I could find on Seth Rich on the entire ABC site.

http://search.abc.net.au/s/search.h...llection=abcall_meta&form=simple&start_rank=1
Why would they bother spending so many resources on one foreign murder which is only prominent in they minds of right-wing conspiracy nuts?

Again, from Wiki:

The murder spawned several right-wing conspiracy theories about the crime, including the claim that Rich had been involved with the leaked DNC emails in 2016, which runs contrary to U.S. intelligence that concluded the leaked DNC emails were part of 2016 U.S. elections interference.[5][6][7] These theories were debunked by law enforcement,[5][6] as well as by fact-checking websites like PolitiFact.com,[6][8] Snopes.com,[9] and FactCheck.org.[5] The fabrications were described as fake news and falsehoods by The New York Times,[10] Los Angeles Times,[11] and The Washington Post.[12]

Rich's parents condemned the conspiracy theorists and said that these individuals were exploiting their son's death for political gain, with their spokesperson calling them "sociopaths" and "disgusting".[13][14][15] They requested a retraction and apology from Fox News,[16] and sent a cease and desist letter to the investigator Fox News used.[6][15][16] The investigator admitted he had no evidence to back up his claims, and Fox News issued a retraction.[5][6][17]
So Fox issues a retraction, the parents speak against the conspiracy nuts, yet you want ABC to devote more time to it?

Why would they bother spending so many resources on one foreign murder which is only prominent in they minds of right-wing conspiracy nuts?

Again, from Wiki:

So Fox issues a retraction, the parents speak against the conspiracy nuts, yet you want ABC to devote more time to it?
This is why these nuffys need their own safe space, they can talk about this sort of nonsense in an environment unencumbered by facts, or reality.

This is why these nuffys need their own safe space, they can talk about this sort of nonsense in an environment unencumbered by facts, or reality.
Yep - it's amazing so many scream about free-speech but at the same time whined for a safe-space on BigFooty to talk about Trump. I bet most of them don't even see the hypocrisy.

They didn't devote any news time to it , one mention on a so called comedy show.

ROFL
Did you mean: imran khan?
Obvious (and clumsy) deflection is obvious - a prominent sportsperson and now politician who visited Australia on multiple occasions averaging 1 article per year? The horror!

Yep - it's amazing so many scream about free-speech but at the same time whined for a safe-space on BigFooty to talk about Trump. I bet most of them don't even see the hypocrisy.

Irrelevant nonsense , please find a post where I whinged.

You're whinging about the ABC in this thread.

Is this thread a safe space?
Are you claiming the conspiracy somehow involves the ABC, or there is a "leftist" global organisation trying to turn all white males into cucks and the only way ("white male"?) people can overcome this is by taking the red pill?

Wot? Hyperbole much, Can you find the Bits the ABC didn't think you needed to know.

Back