• End of 2018

• ASAP

• Extend his contract

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Excellent post - I would also add medical staff to the 'review'

Seem to take a while getting some players back on the park, put them on the park too early only to re-injure themselves and the we recruit kids with long term injuries who we don't see the best of.
We recruit kids with injuries as we are trying to game the draft - worked with judd and we are a bit of a one trick pony

We recruit kids with injuries as we are trying to game the draft - worked with judd and we are a bit of a one trick pony

Apart from Venables who are you referring to?

I can't think of another injury-affected kid we've taken with a high pick in the last decade.

Miss the point much.

We've been a fumbly soft weak side for a long time. Not just the last 10 minutes.

And it hasn't been addressed for a long time.

What has Simpson down to address the mental and physical weakness in our side since the 15 gf?

Sweet **** all.
Back in 2015 we used to play proactive football, not reactive. These days it's the dead opposite. Not sure why this has changed from that time? Was Pyke the reason, and without him we have just fallen away so much. The question does have to be asked and something has to change, to quote the bleeding obvious!

Weve also taken vardy and ellis

Wasnt rioli also injured at the end the year

Don't think Rioli was injured in his draft year. His hamstring issues only started just before the JLT games.

Vardy and Ellis weren't kids taken with top picks. They were vets taken pretty much for free.

Wrong. With Venables we took a gamble that we could get a quality mid at a discount because he had only proven himself as a forward. It's not a bad strategy when picking outside the top ten as the complete, pure mids are gone by then. Fyfe is probably the first example of it really paying off for a club.

We did the same in 2014 with Duggan and at this stage I'm inclined to guess he probably will remain predominantly a flanker rather than a mid. Venables on the other hand I am more confident will make that transition. Murray Newman was a similar case and I was personally a big fan and often wonder 'what if'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Simpson does survive until next year, which it looks like he will, we have to at least clear the decks with the assistants. Try a Richmond with Hardwick. One last go around for the final year of his contract.
If it's still a poor effort, don't renew his contract and start again in 2019. I love Coxy, but he clearly isn't up to his position back to ruck coach please. From all accounts Graham is a stand up guy but clearly limited as a coach, time to go. Wardrop has had little to no obvious positive influence since coming over, perhaps move him on too.
Schofield at Subi should be targeted and maybe Montgomery. As disappointed as I've been with Simpson the last two seasons I've come around to thinking one last season is ok but with a fresh slate of assistants. It's now on the club to go out and attract the best talent. The recruiting and development departments need a total clean out too. I would suggest throwing money at any one senior at Sydney for a top position here and let them choose their own assistants.
Lot of work ahead for the club.

Don't think Rioli was injured in his draft year. His hamstring issues only started just before the JLT games.

Vardy and Ellis weren't kids taken with top picks. They were vets taken pretty much for free.
I never said anything about top picks

I just said we get players for discounts due to injuries and back ourselves to get them well.

Weve done ok out of it too

Shuey also missed his first year through injury didn't he?

Alec Waterman
Jake Waterman
Tom swift
Rioli
Venables

There is a few there.

Apart from Swift and Venables did any of them have injury issues during their draft year? Not to my recollection.

I never said anything about top picks

I just said we get players for discounts due to injuries and back ourselves to get them well.

Weve done ok out of it too

You said "kids" which would rule out Ellis and Vardy I'd have thought.

You also said we're a one-trick pony but so far the trick only seems to have been used a few times at most in a decade.

Apart from Swift and Venables did any of them have injury issues during their draft year? Not to my recollection.

To be fair most of our draftees have small heart syndrome otherwise known as pea hearts.

So its fair to say kranky is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back