Welcome to North : Cam Rayner

Remove this Banner Ad

Im all for the spoon if it nets us. In Martin free agent on huge coin, who cares we have plenty to spent plus sent pick 1 to gws for kelly or go to the draft with it and take dow/rain man and also have pick 19 for a eventual slider. So in martin/kelly martin/doe martin/rainman and who ever we take at 19 in one off seasion :) nek minnit trade ban. Still on the train and I've drank alot so go easy

Happens quite regularly l reckon where they "tank" interviews. Wingard, tho, openly told clubs not to select him so he could stay in Adelaide

It's almost like he was tampering with the draft process.

But the AFL site called it courageous and brave to do so, so I guess it's all ok then.

Maybe all players should be allowed to say "go **** yourself" to every question asked by staff from clubs they don't want to go to then.

Yes,Few people suggesting Rayner wont be a mid & has only improved his beep test from 10 to 11 in the last 3 years.

I'm always wary of highly rated players with big bodies at schoolboy / U18 level. Have a massive advantage at junior level but lose it at senior level whereas later developers physically have a higher ceiling imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have no doubt both teams will be going at each other's throats next week.

Wouldn't have thought so.

We have been completely uninspiring for 3 weeks straight, cue definitely has been put in the rack.

Why does everyone say Rayner is a flight risk I know his parents and they have said that he is more then willing to leave and would be happy too?

Why does everyone say Rayner is a flight risk I know his parents and they have said that he is more then willing to leave and would be happy too?
It's mainly coming from Brisbane's camp, not us.

Happy 9th post Cam Joel! Let's take a walk down memory lane.

Hey guys I am new to this but I just wanted to say I watched this boy down at Essendon grammar this week and he really has it all. He is a ready made AFL player! Skillfull on both sides of his body inside and outside mid with the ability to go forward and hurt teams on the score board, he is a hard matchup 1v1 and can change the game in 5 minutes of footy. His endurance has been a downfall but his game running wouldn't say that he covered the ground really well in the academy games and on Friday, I also believe with a afl preseason that would change. Even if he doesn't go number 1 the club that ends up with him will be licking their lips. A exciting talent and one I look forward to watching throughout the year!!!View attachment 361880

Hey km saw Rayner play for pegs on weekend would have had 30+ easy do you think clubs will be thinking about taking him regardless of his endurance, with one preseason he will be 10x better, he took quite a nice speckie aswell would have been the highlight of the game

Rayner back starting to find some form in the ags had 34 disposals , 12 marks and kicked 3 goals against the undefeated Mentone, also two other standouts curtis Taylor (#9) and Harry Fry (#3) do you know anything about them KM

http://www.afl.com.au/video/2017-04-19/u18-star-forwards-dominate

In case anyone hasn't seen this, I really do like the look of Rayner he has AFL written all over him.

Apparently Rayner hurt his knee playing this weekend for the western jets does anyone have any updates on him??

This kid is going to make a huge impact in afl throws kids around at his age looks like a man child, got the petracca legs

The play you are talking about Rayner actually attempted a spoil and stood on the mark? The kid has had a ripper carnival and the way he goes about can see that he would hate to miss a game, he shouldn't have played this week or against Geelong the week before but he backs ups give him a break. He has been a pretty consistent player all year and it was enormous for him to even step up and play.

Hmmmm Cameron Rayner can't handle a tag he had coffield following him all day and ended up with 29 and 2.

You have done nothing but play him down just letting you know that he is much better than what you think

Remove this Banner Ad

Back